Menu

The most awesomely awkward wedding kiss ever.

It's even worse than Josh and Anna Duggar's. Guess where I saw it? Yes, I saw it on a commercial for a new TLC reality show! :lol:

Enjoy (or not). :tongue_smilie:

ETA:

For comparison, here is the Duggar wedding kiss, complete with Jim Bob's introduction to the kiss.

Skip to 5:40.

http://youtu.be/tZyZFtRh600

Edited by Veritaserum

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! Positively painful! Reminds me of my first kiss experience. Wretched! I didn't care if I ever kissed again. Good thing it actually got better :)

Um...yeah...thank the Lord it wasn't at my wedding. It was on a school bus, lol. Now that's classy. :lol:

Um...yeah...thank the Lord it wasn't at my wedding. It was on a school bus, lol. Now that's classy. :lol:

DH's first kiss was on a school bus, too. Come to think of it, I don't think he kissed back! I'm pretty sure he was shocked and thought I was actually sleeping on his shoulder. That was 12 years ago this Sunday. He's improved. :tongue_smilie:

Oh for the love of Pete.

Bless their hearts.

:iagree: I saw the commercial and was like :eek::ack2:

What I especially didn't like was that you can tell the show is going to make complete fools out of these virgins. I think it's wonderful to be a virgin when you marry, but to look like a complete buffoon on TV for the world to make fun of your convictions...:confused: Well, and I am assuming there are convictions. Not just two sad people who couldn't do better. Oy.

Remember Mad TVs "Lowered Expectations"?:lol:

DH's first kiss was on a school bus, too. Come to think of it, I don't think he kissed back! I'm pretty sure he was shocked and thought I was actually sleeping on his shoulder. That was 12 years ago this Sunday. He's improved. :tongue_smilie:

:lol: My first kiss was not with my husband. A bunch of very naughty kids (including me) were playing truth or dare on the back of the school bus. An older guy (10th grade) was dared to pick a 7th grader to kiss. Next thing I know I had one laid on me, and boy, after that, I swore off kissing. It was so gross! Actually it wasn't too far off from what that video except that I didn't exactly reciprocate because I was pretty shocked. A few years ago, I saw the guy's wedding announcement in the paper, and the first thing I thought was that I hope his kissing skills have improved. :D

Why anybody would want their daughter to go through that memorable moment with such awkwardness is beyond me.

Even if they were 'saving themselves' to only kiss their spouse, shouldn't they be allowed a test drive in private?

And furthermore, how do you get up the courage to marry somebody you've never even kissed? How do you know it won't feel like kissing your cousin or something?

Or am I the only girl who ever thought she was truly in :001_wub: with a boy only to kiss him once and call the whole thing off?

You get there and NO Sparks. yup. Gee, that was ... ok I'll call you later. bye.

You've got to understand that in some QF/Chrisitian patriarchal circles, people teach that chemistry between future spouses doesn't matter. They seem to think that as long as two people are "godly," they will have a good marriage. Chemistry and personalities being compatible are seen as optional. Blech!