Menu

The most awesomely awkward wedding kiss ever.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You get there and NO Sparks. yup. Gee, that was ... ok I'll call you later. bye.

You've got to understand that in some QF/Chrisitian patriarchal circles, people teach that chemistry between future spouses doesn't matter. They seem to think that as long as two people are "godly," they will have a good marriage. Chemistry and personalities being compatible are seen as optional. Blech!

Well, that's just nuts. I've heard something like it in fundamental-but-not-ATI churches before. DH was really disgusted at a preacher once who insisted that s*xual passion was the province of newlyweds only. Preacher said of course couples who have been married a few years love each other, but s*x is perfunctory duty for the rest of the marriage after the lust wears off.

:001_huh: <----- That's me being sorry for his wife.

I can testify after 16 years of marriage that sometimes those sparks are all you have to run on. During the really hard times that old romance and awesome chemistry keep us together more effectively than any other reason.

Isn't that what makes the world go 'round?

Oh my goodness! That was just awful.

The last one, it looked to me like the bride had been watching too many romantic movies. It looked like she was going for one of the truly, madly, deeply passionate kisses... without realizing you have to build up to that. Yuck!

For what it's worth, my brother and his wife shared their first kiss at their wedding. They were very tasteful and sweet and it was really a moving ceremony all around.

It's even worse than Josh and Anna Duggar's. Guess where I saw it? Yes, I saw it on a commercial for a new TLC reality show! :lol:

Enjoy (or not). :tongue_smilie:

ETA:

For comparison, here is the Duggar wedding kiss, complete with Jim Bob's introduction to the kiss.

Skip to 5:40.

http://youtu.be/tZyZFtRh600

I saw the commercial and it was awful - it looked like he was eating her face!!!

I saw the commercial and it was awful - it looked like he was eating her face!!!

Yes. What I don't understand is if they are so chaste and pure, what on earth made them think that the wedding guests wanted to SEE that?! Wouldn't THEY have been uncomfortable watching this just a month prior to this day? They performed like this in front of their GRANDPARENTS?! :001_huh:

astrid

Yes. What I don't understand is if they are so chaste and pure, what on earth made them think that the wedding guests wanted to SEE that?! Wouldn't THEY have been uncomfortable watching this just a month prior to this day? They performed like this in front of their GRANDPARENTS?! :001_huh:

astrid

But but but... They "saved" themselves! How else do you prove that than by dry humping each others' faces in front of all the grandparents?!? :D

Wow, awkward for sure!

But I have to say that I'm beyond irritated at the concept for this show. People who choose to remain virgins until married are now 'freak-show' material, to be paraded around like the morbidly obese and the fetishists and children being exploited for entertainment and money? Nice, TLC :glare:

All I have to say is if that's was their idea of a first kiss I'm sure glad the cameras weren't around later that night once they were finally alone...

If the kiss is that bad, I doubt the rest of the night went much better. Awkward is breakfast the next morning when they each are thinking, "I waited for THAT?!?!" Hopefully years from now they can look back at their wedding day (and night) and laugh.

That video is good argument for at least a betrothal kiss. ;)

If the kiss is that bad, I doubt the rest of the night went much better. Awkward is breakfast the next morning when they each are thinking, "I waited for THAT?!?!" Hopefully years from now they can look back at their wedding day (and night) and laugh.

That video is good argument for at least a betrothal kiss. ;)

LOLOL!!!!! :lol: Oh my goodness that was funny! :lol:

Oh. oh my. Surely they were "acting." right? :001_huh:

The premise of the show is terrible. Do we really need more freak-show TV?

The Duggars wedding was sweet, but I don't understand having to announce to the entire room that This Is My Son's First Kiss. :001_huh: Isn't it just as special if it's just between the two of them instead of sideshow material for the guests?

ewwww.

Oh. oh my. Surely they were "acting." right? :001_huh:

The premise of the show is terrible. Do we really need more freak-show TV?

The Duggars wedding was sweet, but I don't understand having to announce to the entire room that This Is My Son's First Kiss. :001_huh: Isn't it just as special if it's just between the two of them instead of sideshow material for the guests?

ewwww.

yes. I went to a wedding where they couple hadn't kissed before and the pastor made a huge deal about it and mentioned it over and over again. :glare: everyone was so embarrased for them. how mortifying.

That's disgusting. TLC sure is scraping the bottom of the barrel for programming these days.

astrid

No doubt. Makes me not sorry we dropped satellite tv.

You've got to understand that in some QF/Chrisitian patriarchal circles, people teach that chemistry between future spouses doesn't matter. They seem to think that as long as two people are "godly," they will have a good marriage. Chemistry and personalities being compatible are seen as optional. Blech!

I just think that's sad. Physical love is part of love. It's natural. Why force people to suppress that? Why tell them it doesn't matter when it most certainly does? Without chemistry you're just roommates, *without* benefits.

But but but... They "saved" themselves! How else do you prove that than by dry humping each others' faces in front of all the grandparents?!? :D

:smilielol5::lol::smilielol5::lol::smilielol5:

astrid

:iagree:

the Duggar bride looked mortified, IMO.

Well, that's just nuts. I've heard something like it in fundamental-but-not-ATI churches before. DH was really disgusted at a preacher once who insisted that s*xual passion was the province of newlyweds only. Preacher said of course couples who have been married a few years love each other, but s*x is perfunctory duty for the rest of the marriage after the lust wears off.

:001_huh: <----- That's me being sorry for his wife.

I can testify after 16 years of marriage that sometimes those sparks are all you have to run on. During the really hard times that old romance and awesome chemistry keep us together more effectively than any other reason.

Isn't that what makes the world go 'round?

Exactly. Glue that can keep a marriage together through all sorts of rough patches.

I don't get why TLC doesn't change its name to reflect its programming changes. I remember 10 years ago, actually finding something to "learn" on there. Now it's a freak reality show station. "Tru" TV used to be something else and they changed their name. "TLC" is a joke. :001_smile:

I'd vote for 'Freak Reality Show'.

That's disgusting. TLC sure is scraping the bottom of the barrel for programming these days.

astrid

TLC has become a freak show instead of "the learning channel".

Yeah, remember when it was The Learning Channel. The curve has a been lowered a tad too much.

How totally awkward. :001_huh: