Menu

Prayers/tell me what to expect

:grouphug: I'm praying for y'all. You are handling this so well. Cry when you need to, and be as calm as you can the rest of the time. Take deep breaths and talk it out with anyone who will listen. Or talk to us.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Edited by caayenne

I think you're apt to feel better in the Children's Hospital where they deal with babies all the time. The doctors will be well trained and take good care of your baby. I'll be praying for all of you. I'm so sorry you have to go through this difficult time!

They're transferring him to the children's hospital. I can't tell from what she said if that means surgery for sure, but they need further testing that that hospital is better able to do. The best alternative has moved from an enema-type thing to something that's not surgery but is still...invasive enough to sound like it to *me.*

I'm not exactly worried yet. He's a newborn. I haven't had to SEE the tubes, but mentally, they're just tubes. He had an umbilical cord a few hrs ago. But I think I might feel better if I just go ahead & cry. Totally utilitarian stress-release, not worry. Heh.

Cry away. Children's is the best place to be if there is any sort of problem. praying for you all.

But I think I might feel better if I just go ahead & cry. .

Even if everything had been idyllic, you would still be entitled to cry your brains out. The hormonal changes alone mean you go right ahead, and smack anyone that tells you to "buck up" or "suck it up"... Crying will lower your blood pressure and give you a clearer mind. Own your body, and let yourself cry, scream, whatever you need to do. They've seen it all!

That said, I'm praying strength & healing for both of you. And sanity for the entire family....

:grouphug:

A Children's Hospital is the place to be, so be grateful that you didn't have to request his transfer. They are offering it to you because they want the best care for your baby.

It's hard and cry away, but still be strong and focused. Keep breathing in and out and do the best you can so your breast milk will come in and be plentiful.

I was born in 1975 with my small intestines blocked and had surgery to make a new pathway at 2 days old. I can only imagine the improvements in surgery in the last 36 years.

I do have a long scar on my stomach - it was tiny as a baby but grew with me. It's honestly never bothered me, even as a teen. I always thought it was kind of cool. LOL

Sending healing thoughts your way!