Menu

Show: Once Upon a Time

I just saw the second episode. I'm enjoying it. But I'm a little concerned. The plot seems so limited. As in, it seems like it needs to go for a season and be resolved in the end. But American shows don't work that way - they go on and on and on forever. So I'm feeling a strong possibility that it will go off the rails.

We're loving it. I'm just happy to have a show that we can all sit down and watch together!

I'm also not seeing how it could go past one season. But, I'd love it if they would do that, and do it WELL, rather than drag things out for 3 or 4 miserable seasons. (and if they do that, we certainly won't be watching...)

We're also watching TerraNova. It's been years since we've actually watched anything currently on TV, so it's a novelty for the kids ("Hey, Terra Nova is on tonight, Mom! Don't forget!"). lol We all like Once Upon a Time better, but we have hopes for Terra Nova to find its footing. :D

I love Ginnifer Goodwin, and I'll keep watching for a few more episodes for her alone. I know the kid is supposed to be endearing, but I think he's just an annoying brat. I hate the "obnoxious kid knows it all (he really does!)" TV trope.

Funny--I just saw it and thought to myself, "They actually got a really likeable kid!"

DD7 and I watched the first episode on hulu yesterday. DD liked it so much that she remembered it aired on Sunday night and reminded me to DVR it. We love it so far, but I keep worrying they will drag it out too long.

To be honest, I keep watching it thinking that it would have made a great mini series.

We're watching it. We've only seen episode 1 and missed the change to dvr episode 2 last night because of our power outage. Thankfully, they seem to be showing the previous episodes repeat right before the new episode each week. So far I like it but I also don't see how its going to keep going past one season. Once the kid convinces Emma of the truth and they break the curse, then what?

We're also recording Grimm but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. We have been watching Terra Nova from the beginning and its definitely one of our favorites now. We really like the Science Fiction/Fantasy type shows so it's nice to have so many worth watching right now.

We are enjoying it. Lots of posters are wondering how it can go on after one season. I think once they resolve the Snow White/Prince Charming story line, they can send those characters to rescue other fairy tales - Cinderella, etc.... But that's just my guess, I have no secret insider knowledge.

We are enjoying it. Lots of posters are wondering how it can go on after one season. I think once they resolve the Snow White/Prince Charming story line, they can send those characters to rescue other fairy tales - Cinderella, etc.... But that's just my guess, I have no secret insider knowledge.

I wondered if maybe they might do a fairy tale per season. Otherwise I can't see it going beyond one season.

I wondered if maybe they might do a fairy tale per season. Otherwise I can't see it going beyond one season.

That's been my concern as well...I have high expectations though, since it's from the creators of LOST - I keep thinking that we just have NO idea what kind of twists and turns there will be (not to mention cliffhangers...).

I keep forgetting about Grimm...I really want to watch it as well...now to figure out when it's on so I don't miss anymore of it!!

For the PP who asked about what Snow did to the Queen - I can't quite figure that out either...I am thinking it either has to do with her 'stealing' Charming away - OR if you think about the actual fairy tale - Snow White was the fairest in the land, which is why the Queen wanted her killed...so maybe her beauty? IDK! Pretty sure the cute cop is the "woodsman" from the fairy tale :D

We're loving it. I'm just happy to have a show that we can all sit down and watch together!

DD7 and I watched the first episode on hulu yesterday. DD liked it so much that she remembered it aired on Sunday night and reminded me to DVR it.

I like it (not love it, yet) because the whole family can watch it.

Does anyone know what it is rated? I've watched the first two and I would be ok with my boys watching them, but I'd hate to get them interested in a show and then make them stop watching because it gets too adult after a few shows.

Does anyone know what it is rated? I've watched the first two and I would be ok with my boys watching them, but I'd hate to get them interested in a show and then make them stop watching because it gets too adult after a few shows.

Just guessing...

I think after watching the first 2 episodes, the small icon in the upper left window said "14" for ages 14 and up, but ymmv? I personally thought the pilot was dull as dishwater and the acting stunk. Kept staring at Snow's large ears too. :D But was pleasantly surprised to find the second episode which gave a back story to the "Henry" name and source of the curse was interesting. Gave some character development. But I still think Snow looks like a young boy and needs that wig back on, toot suite. :lol:

We're loving it- even dh loves it. But like so many of you, I can't see how this can go on for several seasons unless they just drag things out - which might just be too annoying.

My thoughts exactly. It seems so limited, unless things veer off in another direction. I do love the "queen," though; she's a great villain. :D

Anyone else watching?!!! I am LOVING it so far!! I am so happy to have a new 'must watch' show each week, since I am SO over Glee this season...

I am loving it too! I love the premise but almost wish it were a movie or miniseries because I want them all to get their happy ever afters back NOW! :D

I still haven't had a chance to catch up with Grimm...I need to turn on Hulu and check out the first two episodes before I get really behind...my mom watched it though and said it was nothing like OUAT though...so I am not sure how much I will really like it...we will see ;)

My husband, two of my daughters, one of my sons, and myself watch this. We are really enjoying it. I'm curious as to how it will continue next year. It's nice to watch something that isn't completely predictable. I don't watch much (this board has me hooked on Downton Abbey), but I do like something more original.

It's definitely cheesy. LOL I wish the main actress would quit calling Henry "kid". It's just so cliche and unnatural, especially since she knows his name for crying out loud! Not great writing. But we're enjoying it so far and I have no idea why it would be TV 14 (so far)...

That kinda bugs me too...I think maybe it's just how her character is supposed to be, but I do wish she would quit with it.

The 3rd episode was definitely the cheesiest so far...his "awakening" from the coma was cheesy, LOL! I am still really liking it though :)

I finally had a chance to watch the pilot of Grimm and it's so much darker than this show - I like it, but am not in the "love" department for it yet...