Menu

What do you guys PM each other about?

Sometimes I'll read a post that makes me think someone is exceptionally amazing at something, and I'll PM her to say so. Or if someone posts something saying that I've posted something that offended her, I'll generally apologize and try to clear that up. (It is NEVER my intention to offend people, even in disagreement.) And there are a couple of ladies I will PM about issues I need to talk out with someone & that I'm not comfortable with/ready to share with the board at large. Also, if I have a question about something that I don't want to just put "out there," I'll PM a board member who I know should have the answer.

I PM a lot, I guess.

Let's see -

People ask for updates on stuff that I've posted in the past.

People ask questions about something that they think I might know about but they don't want to ask the world about.

My diet buddies and I PM each other every day for accountability.

My accountability buddy and I PM each other every day for . . . you guessed it. . . accountability.

People I know in-real-life PM me about stuff that they know is going on in my life.

Guest submarines

If I see a huge heated thread where the majority of posters gang up on the OP, I try to PM the OP to show my support (if I do indeed feel like supporting her), in addition to posting in the thread.

I've received PMs when I was in similar situations, and I always appreciate them. :)

My inbox is never full, though :D

:crying::crying::crying:

I've never gotten a PM from Kristina.

:nopity:

:biggrinjester:

I think I've sent out 2 or 3 of those. One was to DeniseMomof4 because I am amazed at how much effort she puts into helping her DC with their attachment disorders. I should pick a person every week, find something exceptional about her, and PM her about it.

I think I've sent out 2 or 3 of those. One was to DeniseMomof4 because I am amazed at how much effort she puts into helping her DC with their attachment disorders. I should pick a person every week, find something exceptional about her, and PM her about it.

Even if you do, I still wouldn't likely make the list. :tongue_smilie: And you in no way have to defend yourself for my lack of ever posting anything amazing. :)

:lol::lol:

Thinking that CanadianMumof4 is figuring out how to use the ignore feature right about now....:D

Ya - I've seen that ignore thing mentioned too - but I have no idea how to do it or why I would want to......i would miss out on all the fun :)

And I do like your screen-name too.....

I think this is an exceptional idea. You are very sweet.:001_smile:

Thank you.

That said.

I can also be a raging b*(%^. One of my brothers lovingly refers to me as such. He truly is affectionate about it, but he uses that particular term because I definitely have that tendency-- I'm either one or the other all the time. Very sweet or very not.

Let's see -

People ask for updates on stuff that I've posted in the past.

People ask questions about something that they think I might know about but they don't want to ask the world about.

My diet buddies and I PM each other every day for accountability.

My accountability buddy and I PM each other every day for . . . you guessed it. . . accountability.

People I know in-real-life PM me about stuff that they know is going on in my life.

:iagree: Also I pm someone if I think they could use an extra boost, or I can relate to a post they made but don't want to go too much into detail on the forum (I know hard to believe with how much I post, but there is lots I don't reveal here, but have done a bit in pm's) Also when trolldar start pinging it is time to start pming those that also like the hunt :lol:

I think this is an exceptional idea. You are very sweet.:001_smile:

From personal experience PM's are overrated. I've gotten some really mean ones.

Ouch. I think some people are braver in private than in public. Nasty PMs are cowardly.

On the bright side, I guess it means you are memorable, right?

Honestly, I hope you are forwarding the mean ones to the moderators to deal with because no one should have to put up with that.

If I see a huge heated thread where the majority of posters gang up on the OP, I try to PM the OP to show my support (if I do indeed feel like supporting her), in addition to posting in the thread.

I've received PMs when I was in similar situations, and I always appreciate them. :)

My inbox is never full, though :D

Yep! I've given and received that kind of pm....a certain bb gun/barking dog thread comes to mind! :tongue_smilie: I received A LOT of pms over that one.

And Kristinabreeze pm'd me just recently because she feared she had offended me.

Ouch. I think some people are braver in private than in public. Nasty PMs are cowardly.

On the bright side, I guess it means you are memorable, right?

Honestly, I hope you are forwarding the mean ones to the moderators to deal with because no one should have to put up with that.

:iagree: I don't remember ever getting mean pms.....people usually just say whatever to me on the board. :glare:

I get a lot of messages about my religion or my profession. I guess both are a little unusual around here, so it seems to get a lot of interest. I send messages for support if I feel a person needs it, or if I have something that has personal details.

What is your religion and profession? Now I'm curious!

I sometimes send PMs of support for posts made. SOme of the time because the poster is being ganged up and sometimes cause it is one of the people I feel like they are my friends and say something witty or cool or ... I also send sometimes advice about certain unusual medical situations.

I have never received a negative PM nor have I sent one. I wouldn't do that either unless someone sold me something and it was not as described. BUt I am hardly buying anything nowadays since I have already schooled two through high school and I am pretty well set for the third, for now.

I've been registered here a year and a half and I don't think I've ever looked for the PM feature. I used it on an old board I used to be active on, but most social conversations went over personal IM and Skype. PM was mostly for complaining to moderators or link requests (related to the board's purpose).

The only time it would be really nice to have a PM buddy is when I see something... a bit off... and have to sit on my hands and wonder if it's just me thinking that.:001_unsure:

I PM things that I am too smart to say in my Out Loud voice.

I PM the rare people who appreciate my snarky sense of humor.

I PM liberals with messages of support, because this board can be a hard place to be a liberal.

I PM about Unitarian-Universalist stuff, like RE curricula, or trying to recruit people to go to SUUSI.

I would love to be PMed by someone who is cleaning house and trying to get rid of high-numbered Secrets of Droon books. Just saying.