Menu

We're buying a house!

Our real estate agent just called and said that our offer has been accepted!

:party:

I'll come back in a few days to edit and take out the link to our new address, but I can't resist showing pictures: here is the house. It's gorgeous! A low-slung mid-century ranch with a huge screened porch, a walk-out family room on the lower level, and a beautiful eat-in kitchen with tons of cupboards and a butcher-block peninsula. The kids love the big wooded yard. And there are built-in bookcases in the living room!

Our first house! We've been renting forever. We are so happy!

Yay! The yard is so green! Bookcases! Woodburning Stove! Porch! I don't suppose they're leaving the piano? :D

(We inherited an upright piano when we bought our current house - the previous owners were keeping it for a lady who happens to work at dh's company. We told them we'd be happy to "store" it as long as they needed, which will hopefully be forever.)

I'm so happy for you!

The storage in the living room is great, the kitchen has a cozy feel and the screened porch, oh my! (I might be feeling a little jealousy.:001_smile:)

Here is to many years of happiness for your family in your new home!

Isabelle

Thanks for sharing my excitement, everyone! I'm bouncing off the walls here. :lol:

Congratulations! You'll love it. Is this a new neighborhood for you?

Yes. We've been living right downtown in the city for the past eight years, in a rowhouse with a tiny yard, lots of street noise, no kids in the neighborhood, and a continuous struggle for street parking. We've loved our city lifestyle, being able to walk everywhere and being close to museums, the library, restaurants, etc., but it's time for a change.

Yay! The yard is so green! Bookcases! Woodburning Stove! Porch! I don't suppose they're leaving the piano? :D

We debated whether to ask if they wanted to leave it, but I was a little afraid of being saddled with the future responsibility of moving a grand piano.

I love it! That basement is a LOT of added room!

And your yard is going to be so peaceful and quiet.

I thought it was going to be too small when I looked at the listing, until our agent explained that the finished basement doesn't count as part of the "taxable living area." There's the big finished family room with sliding glass doors onto the lower patio, a big semi-finished storage/workroom, and a big unfinished furnace room with the laundry equipment.

The yard is going to be amazing. It's so shady and green, and very private. There are actually TWO patios, one outside the kitchen window (in the front, but with a privacy wall) and one in back, under the screened porch.

Hey, you forgot to mention the best part - that it's five minutes from our house! (Just kidding.) Congratulations!!

Hey, what do you mean, kidding - that is the best part! ;) (Okay, one of the best parts.) And some very close family friends live half a mile away in the other direction, as well. My 6yo is already negotiating for how old she has to be before we let her walk to their house on her own.