Clothin question 3 - wearing with jeans

What do you pair with jeans?  

1. 1. What do you pair with jeans?

• Tees
    • A blouse with buttons
    • A knit top such as a polo shirt
    • Some other knit
    • I like twin-sets to most anything else
    • Other (I know I haven't thought of all the options.)

I suppose I'm on a roll today. I ironed my clothes from last week's laundry and all these things came to me.

What do you prefer to wear with your jeans? I find that I rarely ever wear tee-shirts anymore. I don't remember it being a conscious decision but I wear more button ups, sweaters or a combo of a tank and over shirt/sweater.

I like tees/knit tops. I don't buy fashion print/ name brand/logo tees though. I like the idea of button up shirts but they do not flatter me at all(and are hard to nurse in), I finally stopped buying them. I am picky as to fit and necklines and the colors I will wear. I do like sweaters in the winter. I LOVE cardigans. Currently I am in a cotton tank(red) and khaki colored knit skirt.

In the colder weather I mostly wear jeans. In the autumn and spring it is with knit tops. I want to say tshirt but they are nice tshirts, v neck and 3/4 sleeves with a touch of spandex. I mostly buy from LL Bean or Lands End. My mom has given me some from Talbots. I have some button down and twin sets as well. I also like thin cotton sweaters for that time of year.

In the cold weather, I live in upstate NY and we have real winter, there are long johns under my jeans and I live in turtlenecks and sweaters. Wool is my friend.

In the summer, and we have hot muggy summers, I wear skirts and tank tops.

I like Hanes instantly-slims-you camp shirts. I prefer the 3/4 length sleeves. But ya might have to iron those...

I also like feminine looking tops from stores like Gordman's and TJ Maxx. Sort of boho looking: interesting scooped or square neckline, below the waist length but not cut too wide, and elbow length or 3/4 length sleeves that are loose around the bottom. Interesting fabrics. I like to wear jeans, and I like to look feminine, and shirts like that help mesh those goals. Wear with cute sandals and a bit of chunk jewelry if you need it dressed up.

Have to go with other on this one b/c I don't know how to classify the shirts I wear.

Not plain t-shirts. Not polo shirts. Not necessarily knit, I don't think???

Nice shirts. Shirts with shape. And design (not patterned/printed fabric, but design to the shirt). And "I am not a college co-ed wearing jeans/tee" kind of look. A lot of tank top/spaghetti strap baby doll type shirts in the summer here (right? babydoll? fitted on top, flared on bottom?) Not negligee looking!!! Oh, those are knits I guess. Mostly they are t-shirt material. Or sleeveless tees with some shape. So, I guess I'm "other knits, not polos" after all.

Anyway, non-t-shirt, non-polo type shirts. Whatever is cute and fun and somewhat fashionable. I shop a few times a year to stay updated and build my wardrobe (since moving to Brazil I've changed drastically in this department; in the US it was jeans/capris, t-shirts/polos; here, a step up from that....).

I voted 'other', but really it would be 'A, B, & C.'

If we aren't going out beyond the grocery store, gas station, etc., or if we are staying in, I wear a T-shirt and jeans. If we are going to co-op, pack meeting, etc., I wear a polo shirt or short sleeve shirt with buttons (not a blouse, more like a camp shirt) and jeans. If we are going to dinner, I wear a nice blouse -- usually white -- with jeans -- usually dark wash or black. If we are going to church.... Okay, I don't wear jeans to church. But I do sometimes wear a silk T-shirt.

Basically, except for church or funerals, I find a way to wear jeans.:D

I didn't know how to vote. I wear nicer-than-typical t-shirts. I wear the ones with a nice neckline with some sort of piping or decoration of some kind. It might have a little bit of a pattern in the weave. I don't wear the stereotypical t-shirts with a picture or words on them...don't know how to describe that kind. The ones with the high neck.

I like the look of button-down tops, but because of how I'm built, they don't flatter me at all. It's so frustrating!

Me too. Part of it is that I don't feel comfortable in them. They look so comfortable, until I put one on! I think part of it is that I don't have the budget to buy nice ones...the ones I try just seem to be too cheap to fit right (?). Maybe?

I voted other b ecause I really like to wear nice shirts when I go out. They are still technically tees but many are from Chicos (my mom had AWESOME taste!) and I buy other nice "tees" that are tees, technically, but nicer shirts nonetheless. If that makes sense.

I like nice shirts with my bottom wear.:lol::lol::lol:

Anything I also wear with a skirt... so, tees (long- or short-sleeved, v-neck, brown, black or gray, mostly), turtleneck, bulky sweater, blouse, cardigan... It's too hot here to wear jeans in the summer, so they're definitely late-fall to mid-spring wear.

I don't think I own a polo shirt, though.

What, no category for lace-up leather bustiers?

:D

jk I voted "some other knit top." But I guess that's what you'd call the majority. I don't usually wear a plain tee, and I don't wear many tees that say things like, "I'm the girl your mother warned you about." :lol: Although I have a couple quips about Jane Austen. I just wear...tops. Usually cotton or a cotton blend. Might have a v-neck, or a ballet neck - I love those. Or square, like the one I have on right now. I like a shirt to have a little something "extra", so it doesn't look like I just tossed on any old thing. A little row of faux buttons. A gather on the sleeves. Anything that just gives it a little more girlie-ness.

I didn't know how to vote. I wear nicer-than-typical t-shirts. I wear the ones with a nice neckline with some sort of piping or decoration of some kind. It might have a little bit of a pattern in the weave. I don't wear the stereotypical t-shirts with a picture or words on them...don't know how to describe that kind. The ones with the high neck.

I would count those as knits. Something like these? Not necessarily with that crocheted collar, but nicer than a Hard Rock Cafe tee shirt.

I wear Ts. But I don't like them. But I look like a man in button down shirts. I mean, I'm not lacking on the cleavage, but for some reason, I look so masculine in them. I loose my waist, too. :glare:

after reading posts, I guess i don't wear Ts? Ballet necklines and gathers. Those at are the ones I like best.