Menu

Who here is young enough to be my daughter???

I know what you mean!

When I read that Aubrey's dad died at 49 I was just shocked. I wasn't shocked that someone could die that young, it was more that someone that age could have a daughter who is old enough to talk to me as another adult! :bigear:

I'm 42, so I'm a wee bit younger than you are, but not that much. You were still playing with dolls when I was born! ;)

I'm 42, so I'm a wee bit younger than you are, but not that much. You were still playing with dolls when I was born! ;)

anj, get real girl, this is me. I NEVER played with dolls, only toy horses. And even then only til I finangled a real one out of my parents!

anj, get real girl, this is me. I NEVER played with dolls, only toy horses. And even then only til I finangled a real one out of my parents!

Oh man, what was I thinking????:smilielol5:

Okay, you were still working on finagling a real horse out of your parents when I was born!!!:rofl:

I can't even blame the Mike's because I haven't had any. Must be exhaustion!:D

LOL--sorry! :D I'm 28. I come from a long line of married-early, kids immediately. Mom & Grmother married at 18, but mom waited until she was 21 to have me. I married at the ripe old age of 19 ;) & had #1 by the time I was 21, too.

Not me! I am feeling really old today!!! My 42nd birthday was yesterday, our 22nd anniversary today, and my oldest baby is getting married next yr. Yikes!!!! I remember when I really believed 40 was old.

Now, normally, when I have my life in perspective I think I am young. Hey, I am trying to potty train our 2 yr old and teach a Ker to read. I know people that didn't start having kids until 40.

But....golly......I think I am experiencing a mid-life crisis b/c I have been so dag-blamant touchy yesterday and today and I can't even tell why!! Then I come on the board and read a premenopausal thread started by someone 39. Golly, I had a baby at 39. One of my close friends had one at 46.

What the heck is old anyway???!!!

LOL! Me, too. When we unloaded the stuff from my mom's attic there was a box of dolls. I had no emotional connection at all. But when we opened the box with the toy horse trailer and trucks....Oh my! I cried. ;) I never did finangle a real one, but bought one myself in my twenties.

I'll be fifty-one tomorrow. Married at twenty, but fertility issues kept us from having kids until much later. I still have one teenager at home.

A bunch of us were at a homeschool event watching a younger member chase her three (soon to be 4 kids) when we released that we were old enough to be her mom. It wasn't so much the thought of being her mom that made me feel old, but that of being a grandmother to three - yikes!

LOL, it always sorta shocks me when I realize so many of the moms we're talking to here are young enough to be our daughters (if we'd had children a little earlier).... I did that same little double take when I read her post. But then I tend to forget how very old I am until reminded (of course, lately, standing or walking around on concrete has been reminding my knees pretty regularly).

LOL, it always sorta shocks me when I realize so many of the moms we're talking to here are young enough to be our daughters (if we'd had children a little earlier).... I did that same little double take when I read her post.

But I'm not really old enough to be her mom. Well, I guess technically I could, but not realistically. But I know there are some people here who are even younger....they're the scary ones! :D

Aubrey's thread shocked me just a tad when I read how old her mom is. I'm fifty too. How many of you young whippersnappers were in diapers when I was graduating high school?

I did get a late start. Married at 20 but no babies until I was 30.

Girl, *you* are still a whippersnapper...I'l be 57 in July, so there.;)

Well, I guess I could... If you started younger! :tongue_smilie: I'm 31... but my Mom is 68 if it's any comfort!

And I'm 32, so it would have been a very young motherhood for you. My mom is 57. But I think we can still be friends. :D Maybe a young, cool aunt? ;)

And I quoted Nan so it looks like I'm responding to her, but I'm not. (No offense, Nancypants. :D)

I know what you mean!

When I read that Aubrey's dad died at 49 I was just shocked. I wasn't shocked that someone could die that young, it was more that someone that age could have a daughter who is old enough to talk to me as another adult! :bigear:

Well, Anj...the last guy I dated (before dh) is the same age as you. :blush:

Having a baby at 40 isn't so bad but nobody told me I would have a 10 year old at 50! LOL The good news is that having children (12 and 14) running around makes people think we are younger than we are. :)

Um, not necessarily. It is pretty bad when people ask you how old your grandchildren are. . . and you have to tell them that they are your children not grandchildren! :ohmy:

Um, not necessarily. It is pretty bad when people ask you how old your grandchildren are. . . and you have to tell them that they are your children not grandchildren! :ohmy:

Hee hee! I laugh only because my Mom and Dad still get this. Mom is 68 and Dad is 65 and they have two adopted teenage sons... so not only are they rather old for having teenagers... their teens are African American... so that *really* confuses people! One time when we were driving through the deep south my brother went and asked my Dad for some money when we were at a quicky mart (okay, so he wasn't just asking... he was begging in a rather charismatic fashion)... you should have heard how a sweet older African American lady chewed him out for begging the white man for money and "how would your Mama feel about that?! She'd be ashamed of you!" She didn't know what to do with herself when my brother looked at her blankly and said, "This is my dad." The poor sweet lady! I felt so bad for her. embarrassed-1.gif

Aubrey's thread shocked me just a tad when I read how old her mom is. I'm fifty too. How many of you young whippersnappers were in diapers when I was graduating high school?

I didn't read the whole thread, but my mother will be 46 in July. She did start early, though! ;) I'm 28, so.. when you were graduating high school, my mother was just STARTING high school, and I wasn't even yet a thought.

Feel better? :D

Maybe it will help to know that I also have an 11yo brother. My oldest son is 9.

Well I am 32 so I guess I could be your daughter!

I'm feeling old today.......

maybe it's the i'm going to be 40 this year thing? DH goes first, on Thursday even!!

My parents are in their early 60's.

I had #2 at 30 - always swore i'd NEVER have a child that late (my brother was born when my mom was 30).

#3 and i turned 35.

I'm NOT doing 40. NO WAY, NO HOW. :tongue_smilie:

(also having major pre-menopause stuff going on here too)