Menu

What color is your bedroom?

still white--lol lived here 10yrs and haven't gotten it all painted yet...lol been telling the hubby he's gotta get a move on and get it done.....been debating between a very light pink color I found in a magazine that's not supposed to be pink but a "natural glow" color....and a tuscan color-hubby thinks than tan/gold will be too dark.....

Liveable Green with white moudling.

A year before I left for college my parents (finally) let me paint my room and this is the color I chose. I love it - it is the perfect color for me. Soft, soothing... I swear, I *dream* about this color. :lol:

It is a good thing my DH loves green because as soon as I live somewhere that I can paint the walls this color is going up in the master bedroom.

This blue. I love it SO much! I have chocolate brown silk drapes (an indulgence worth every penny) that I got from Restoration Hardware, and a chocolate bed spread. It feels like I'm in a spa.

I used to have silver sage from restoration hardware and loved it just as much.

ETA: When you click on the "silver sage" link it just shows up as a tiny little swatch in the upper left corner. If you go to restoration hardware's web site and look at the silver sage paint collection, mine was the sea green.

Edited by QValencia

I read a study somewhere that said yellow is a bad color for a bedroom because yellow is the most difficult color for the eye to see, thus, you feel agitated surrounded by it.

Green is the easiest color to see, followed by blue.

Our bedroom is blue with brown. Here's a blog post I did with bedroom photos.

I love our room. I find it very serene and relaxing.

That must be why I hate being in my "Holy cow someone hosed this place down with Mustard" bedroom. Like I said it's a rental, but we can paint it, maybe this fall I'll finally do it.

I have a yellow-ish orange bedroom. It wasn't my first choice and I've been pondering painting it a deeper color like aquamarine, however it is so beautiful as the sun goes down. The room seems to be bathed in warm sunlight and in the winters up here, that feels so good!

Just moved into a new house and my room is gold. I tried to get used to it, but I have concluded I don't like it (though dh does... but I think he might just be painting project averse!;) ) It's nice and warm, but it just feels like too much for a bedroom... I want something softer/calmer. My comforter is sort of a grey/khaki color. I was thinking blue for the walls but now I am wondering if that will be too cold for a bedroom. What do you think? What color is YOUR room? Dh says anything is fine with him except pink!

Mine is blue and I chose the color but I don't love it. I loved it in my laundry room so I used it in my bedroom, but strangely enough it just doesn't work there (Picture attached, not of my laundry room but of the color). I wish it were the purple color I used to have in my bathroom. Sort of a blue-hyacinth. So pretty, but an old Martha Stewart color that isn't available any longer.

Barb

Mine is blue and I chose the color but I don't love it. I loved it in my laundry room so I used it in my bedroom, but strangely enough it just doesn't work there (Picture attached, not of my laundry room but of the color). I wish it were the purple color I used to have in my bathroom. Sort of a blue-hyacinth. So pretty, but an old Martha Stewart color that isn't available any longer.

Barb

Martha Colors are still available at S.Williams; they just don't put the swatches out anymore. If you know the paint name, they can still make the color. (My SW actually pulled the master color chart out of the back room for me)

Martha Colors are still available at S.Williams; they just don't put the swatches out anymore. If you know the paint name, they can still make the color. (My SW actually pulled the master color chart out of the back room for me)

Sigh, I tried this a few years back because I heard this rumor. Apparently the dude at my neighborhood Sherwin Williams didn't get the memo. I had the old swatch with me and he (a) couldn't find it in his system and (b) couldn't match it well by eye or computer with the original swatch. I gave up and moved to laundry room blue. In his defense this was an old, old Sears (not Kmart) Martha color though (from maybe 2002?). Maybe that's why? Maybe I should try again. I really adored that color.

Barb

Mine is a Spanish moss color, so looks more green at times and more bluish at times. It has cathedral ceilings and those are the same color as the walls, so it sort of feels like a cocoon (there's a ceiling fan and it's also the same color). My curtains have both the blue-green of the walls and a more yellow-green, as well as a carnelian red (which is a sort of rusty color). The background of my comforter is also that carnelian color, as are the towels and rugs in my bath.

Mine is a Spanish moss color, so looks more green at times and more bluish at times. It has cathedral ceilings and those are the same color as the walls, so it sort of feels like a cocoon (there's a ceiling fan and it's also the same color). My curtains have both the blue-green of the walls and a more yellow-green, as well as a carnelian red (which is a sort of rusty color). The background of my comforter is also that carnelian color, as are the towels and rugs in my bath.

That sounds unique and so beautiful! I'd love to see pictures. :lurk5:

I can't find this color online, but Pratt and Lambert has a collection of Williamsburg colors, and there is a gorgeous light blue, from the Palace Ballroom. I painted the ceiling and window trim with this, and the walls are a warm candle-glow kind of cream color. The reverse is quite nice, a sky over our heads. The carpet is the same candleglow color.

We're repainting now, so I'm exploring options for the rest of the house, but this one room, I love.

Sigh, I tried this a few years back because I heard this rumor. Apparently the dude at my neighborhood Sherwin Williams didn't get the memo. I had the old swatch with me and he (a) couldn't find it in his system and (b) couldn't match it well by eye or computer with the original swatch. I gave up and moved to laundry room blue. In his defense this was an old, old Sears (not Kmart) Martha color though (from maybe 2002?). Maybe that's why? Maybe I should try again. I really adored that color.

Barb

I was able to request the colors within the past few months. Definitely check again - maybe at a free standing Sherwin Williams.

This blue. I love it SO much! I have chocolate brown silk drapes (an indulgence worth every penny) that I got from Restoration Hardware, and a chocolate bed spread. It feels like I'm in a spa.

I used to have silver sage from restoration hardware and loved it just as much.

ETA: When you click on the "silver sage" link it just shows up as a tiny little swatch in the upper left corner. If you go to restoration hardware's web site and look at the silver sage paint collection, mine was the sea green.

LOVE that blue!!!

I read a study somewhere that said yellow is a bad color for a bedroom because yellow is the most difficult color for the eye to see, thus, you feel agitated surrounded by it.

Green is the easiest color to see, followed by blue.

Our bedroom is blue with brown. Here's a blog post I did with bedroom photos.

I love our room. I find it very serene and relaxing.

No wonder my gold room puts me in a bad mood. Agitated is a good word to describe it! I asked dh about painting it blue and he said, "only if it's 'orgasm blue.'" MEN!!!

White with crayon drawings. We're painting soon. My favourite bedroom had red carpeting (and pink walls, but I could do without the pink walls); second favourite bedroom was painted a subdued green.

LOL!!!

Here's mine:

I can't believe my dh agreed to these colors when we built the house over 5 years ago, but now I'm ready for a change.

I love the dark purple... what color is it? I would love to use that somewhere in my house.

Edited by Jinnah

Our bedroom has two shades of sage green on the walls and ivory painted trim. The accent colors are paprika, a touch of chocolate brown and a light hint of cobalt blue here and there. Our floors are a golden oak, and I'm still waiting for area rugs. The room isn't completely done, but we've been strapped for cash for awhile and it's something we can live with as is. Anyway, I decided to go with a bit of a masculine feel to our room because dh is surrounded by females in our household. I wanted him to feel that he has a sanctuary, and he does appreciate it a lot.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Liveable Green with white moudling.

This is the color of our kitchen! I love it!

Our master bedroom used to be gold as well, and I didn't like it either. It is now SW Rainwashed, while our master bath is SW Rain. I love blues and greens and find them incredibly calming and soothing. A welcome room to relax in at the end of the day. :)

What color is YOUR room? Dh says anything is fine with him except pink!

I painted my bedroom. My Dh went away camping for the weekend with the older boys. As he left he said I could paint it any colour except blue, green or yellow. So I painted it a deep rose pink. :lol:

He absolutely hates it, even though he is colourblind and can't even see pink. Just the thought of having a pink room bugs him.

I was only following his instructions...:leaving:

One day I will change it to his now preferred colour of green or yellow.

A warm cream color, warm deep brown trim, and have a gorgeous red accent wall. Can't remember the exact names, but I know they were all from Ralph Lauren paint line. (Don't judge me....they were on sale! :p )

My husband was initially less than thrilled, but now loves it.