Menu

Pray for my DH please...in hospital...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final update for tonight.

Looks like Infectious Diseases was called in. The preliminary diagnosis is that he caught staph at the time of the surgery. :( He's going to be in the hospital up to 8 days now and will have a pic-line inserted in his arm in a few days for home therapy for 6 weeks.

I'm exhausted and going to bed.

Thanks for all of your prayers, WTM friends!

Looks like Infectious Diseases was called in. The preliminary diagnosis is that he caught staph at the time of the surgery. :( He's going to be in the hospital up to 8 days now and will have a pic-line inserted in his arm in a few days for home therapy for 6 weeks.

My friend went through a similar thing and had the pic-line for 6 weeks at home too. She's fine now. I pray for his quick and complete healing. And for you to have peace and rest tonight.

Jiminy Christmas! Get some rest, and know that we're praying :grouphug:.

Oh my! We have added you to our prayer list.

:grouphug:

I'm glad they're calling everyone in and not doing the "wait til Monday" shuffle.

Update:

Chad is responding to the antibiotics. His white counts have dropped in half. YAY! He is still in a considerable amount of pain, though, and they are having a tough time managing it.

Awesome! great news! about the antibiotics and white count.

It must be awful to have him in such pain, though.

About the pic line: DH used to help docs put these in. DH did the imaging. He said it'll be OK. They go really smoothly.

:grouphug:

And yet another update...

Good news: DH's white count is down significantly, the antibiotics are working

Not so good news: he's going in for surgery tomorrow to open up his ankle/leg and irrigate it with disinfectant.

He is also not responding to the pain meds, however, with the swelling going down, the pain is no longer 20 out of a scale of 10, "just" a 9 out of 10. :(-

Thank you all so much for your prayers, and to those of you who have sent me PMs, I just haven't had a chance to read them. I will get to them!!! :grouphug:

Stephanie,

Pastor Tom talked about your situation in church today and so you can be rest assured that we are all praying for your family, including you and the girls and your sicknesses. Don't hesitate to call either myself or Marianne or preferably both of us so we can both help. SInce you are sick yourself, I can easily go to a store and get you things. Just use us.

I am so happy about the quick response to the antibiotics. That is such great news.

He is also not responding to the pain meds, however, with the swelling going down, the pain is no longer 20 out of a scale of 10, "just" a 9 out of 10. :(-

Does the hospital have a group of doctors who specialize in pain control? There was one at the Boston hospital my son was in. He didn't respond to morphine even when they made the dose as high as possible. The pain clinic docs concocted a mixture of 8 different pain killers, including methadone, which did the trick.

Stephanie,

Pastor Tom talked about your situation in church today and so you can be rest assured that we are all praying for your family, including you and the girls and your sicknesses. Don't hesitate to call either myself or Marianne or preferably both of us so we can both help. SInce you are sick yourself, I can easily go to a store and get you things. Just use us.

I am so happy about the quick response to the antibiotics. That is such great news.

YES, YES, YES! Chris and I are so close to where you are -- and I am in Alexandria within a couple of blocks from where you live at least 3-5X a week.

DH is scheduled for 3:00 surgery. Pathology will be back tomorrow. Now testing for MRSA.

I'm at the hospital on a really slow wifi.

Just curious, is the surgery to just do a general cleanup of the internal area, or... is it possible some foreign debris was left from before?

Thinking of you and waiting for a post surgery update. Hope you are all feeling much better very soon.

Just curious, is the surgery to just do a general cleanup of the internal area, or... is it possible some foreign debris was left from before?

Thinking of you and waiting for a post surgery update. Hope you are all feeling much better very soon.

Not sure... I know that they're flooding with 3 or 4 GALLONS of solution. The surgery has been delayed for want of an open OR (they're squeezing him into the rotation), and I have not yet met with the surgeon. That is a question I will ask. Anything else I should ask???