Menu

Pray for my DH please...in hospital...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hurray::party:

He's home! He wanted pizza on the way home from the hospital! He is reading a magazine! He watched American Idol and made snarky comments (per usual)! He's even grumpy! These are all VERY GOOD THINGS!

The home infusion nurse came this morning, changed his PICC dressing and taught me how to do the infusion. I was so nervous the first time that I pulled the plunger all the way out of the syringe (glad it was the saline) and spilled water all over the floor. He sort of giggled. But, now I've done 6 syringes, and have given him his first antibiotic treatment, and I feel like an old pro! :)

Again, again, and again, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR OVERWHELMING CONCERN AND SUPPORT! WE ARE BLOWN AWAY!!!!!

:grouphug:

ETA: If you want to see, there are pix on the blog. No pix of the wound. It is definitely a little bit too NCIS/CSI-looking. Not that anyone really WANTS to see a PICC line...

I'm so glad he is home! That alone has got to make everyone feel better!

I will see you tomorrow afternoon with meals and good wishes!

And....my dd30 would LOVE to see the icky pics!:glare:

I haven't given an update the past few days -- JUST BEEN BUSY!!!

Since he came home from the hospital, we've settled into a bit of a routine. I am fairly adept at administering his meds now through his PICC line...no longer totally terrified to do it, that is. :tongue_smilie:

On Friday MarianNova came laden down like SANTA CLAUS... The woman is a MARVEL!

Yesterday, I actually felt confident enough to leave him, so I took off for a while and got a hair cut. It was nice to have some alone time.

DH and I sat outside for quite a while -- it was such a nice afternoon -- and watched the girls ride bikes and swing on the tire swing.

We got to meet Mary in VA yesterday! Found out we had much in common...

Things seem to be swinging in our favor now, and I'm no longer feeling so overwhelmed. Having him home has been wonderful. I'm sleeping (I couldn't sleep more than 2 hours a night while he was in hospital with Ingrid sick and worrying about him...)

We are just so overwhelmed by everyone's personal concern, the messages, the food... And so so so very grateful and thankful!!!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Thank you WTM friends!

Since he came home from the hospital, we've settled into a bit of a routine. I am fairly adept at administering his meds now through his PICC line...no longer totally terrified to do it, that is. :tongue_smilie:

Yesterday, I actually felt confident enough to leave him, so I took off for a while and got a hair cut. It was nice to have some alone time.

DH and I sat outside for quite a while -- it was such a nice afternoon -- and watched the girls ride bikes and swing on the tire swing.

We got to meet Mary in VA yesterday! Found out we had much in common...

Things seem to be swinging in our favor now, and I'm no longer feeling so overwhelmed. Having him home has been wonderful. I'm sleeping (I couldn't sleep more than 2 hours a night while he was in hospital with Ingrid sick and worrying about him...)

We are just so overwhelmed by everyone's personal concern, the messages, the food... And so so so very grateful and thankful!!!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Thank you WTM friends!

So good to read that you seem to have fallen into a routine! Wx is gorgeous today -- if I drive by, I expect to see everyone outside playing! Thanks for the kind words -- I will be checking in to see if I can help in any way. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Yes she is a marvel. She was one of the WTM friends who orangized the quilting squares that everyone sent to me. Wow what a treasure.

Yes she is a marvel. She was one of the WTM friends who orangized the quilting squares that everyone sent to me. Wow what a treasure.

You are so sweet --- it was Cadam, Rosie 0801, and me. I think it was just about this time last year that everything was shipped to you -- dh was in orlando at a conference, and he left today for that same conference so it must be a year ago. Hope things are well!:)