Menu

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Hard to decide between Carnation brand peppermint stick like we served decades ago when I worked at D'Land or the to-die-for pralines and cream served at the food service place at Mt. Rushmore (we sat at the Cary Grant table!)

A good pralines and cream might have a slight edge over peppermint.....maybe I'd best try some of both to decide! ;-)

I make cheese so I've been buying all my milk from a good, local dairy.

They started making ice cream. Holy mackeral.

They make a peanut butter and chocolate that is amazing. It's about $12 for a half gallon so it's definitely not a daily thing but the local store knows now that if I have PMS and there is none of that ice cream in stock, that there's going to be trouble!! :D

It's a darker, richer chocolate custard type ice cream.

And the peanut butter is less sweet than something like Hudsonville. But the swirls of peanut butter are so incredibly thick...

Crap. Now I feel like binging. :tongue_smilie:

In Germany I love the lemon ice cream. In Italy I love the chocolate gelato, but their fruit flavors (lemon, strawberry, eldest's fave was banana) are good too.

Typical US ice cream? Rocky Road.

Homemade? Peach, but I *hate* fake peach flavor, so I don't do that with US commercial brands.

For commercial, I really like Edy's French Silk. I won't let myself buy the super-fatty stuff in pints, (read: Ben & Jerry's); the French Silk is lower fat and still very yummy. :)

At the local ice cream place, I really like their Mocha Almond Assault. And if a place makes their own and actually uses real booze instead of "flavoring", things like Kaluha Brownie or White Russian. :D Unfortunately there isn't a local place that does that that I know of closer than Provincetown (not even sure if it's still there...)

The theme appears to be mocha with crunchy bits....

Ooo, someone mentioned gelato - Baccio!!

Why, WHY, did you ask this??

I am 10 weeks pregnant and now all I can think about it how fast I can get the kids to bed and get my husband to the store to buy me some ice cream!!

:lol:

Because the weather has been nice/warm this past week.:)

So what flavor did you purchase?