Menu

s/o: fall in late pregnancy - urgent question!

I posted earlier about my fall last evening, but the pain in my upper abdomen and back has continued to get worse, then I stepped on the scale, which showed a gain of nearly 14 lbs since my checkup 11 days agao??

I have gestational diabetes and follow the diet, so my weight gain has been minimal, plus I was sick this past week. . .so there's NO way!! What could that mean??

I'm leaving soon to go get checked out, so quick responses appreciated!

Are you sure your scales are accurate? Have you had any blood pressure problems? Is your face swollen? Headache? Blurred vision? Is the pain in your upper abdomen? I would get to an ER right away. I am concerned about the sudden weight gain and abdominal pain. Please keep us updated!

I am no kind of medical professional, but I believe that upper abdominal pain and sudden weight gain are both classic signs of preeclampsia.

If you have not already gone to the hospital, call your doctor or midwife immediately, on the emergency line if necessary.

Good luck -- I'll be thinking of you.

Thank you all for the prayers! We got back home late. They suspected possible preeclampsia. . .checked urine, blood pressure, ran some labs to check liver enzymes, etc.

Protein in urine - trace

blood pressure - up when they checked it upon arrival, but went back down before leaving

swelling - I had a good amount of swelling in hands and feets

labs - all was fine

monitoring - fine with adequate movement

I'm still having pain in my upper abdomen this morning, which the nurse thought could be a combination of muscle soreness from fall along with large baby pushing from inside :tongue_smilie:but I go to OB for check-up and BPP on Tuesday, so I'll get a check again then.

I've only gained about 15 lbs this entire pregnancy, so for it to almost double in less than 2 weeks obviously raises flags, especially since I had a stomach bug last week and barely ate for 3-4 days!

I did have toxemia (now called preeclampsia) with my first one, but that was (cough, cough) 23 years ago, was severe, and started early.

Thanks again for all the prayers and quick responses. It's so nice to have a forum full of vast experiences and wisdom to rely on - no matter the hour or need!

You all are a blessing!

:grouphug:I'm sending prayers your way.:grouphug:

Thank you all for the prayers! We got back home late. They suspected possible preeclampsia. . .checked urine, blood pressure, ran some labs to check liver enzymes, etc.

Protein in urine - trace

blood pressure - up when they checked it upon arrival, but went back down before leaving

swelling - I had a good amount of swelling in hands and feets

labs - all was fine

monitoring - fine with adequate movement

I'm still having pain in my upper abdomen this morning, which the nurse thought could be a combination of muscle soreness from fall along with large baby pushing from inside :tongue_smilie:but I go to OB for check-up and BPP on Tuesday, so I'll get a check again then.

I've only gained about 15 lbs this entire pregnancy, so for it to almost double in less than 2 weeks obviously raises flags, especially since I had a stomach bug last week and barely ate for 3-4 days!

I did have toxemia (now called preeclampsia) with my first one, but that was (cough, cough) 23 years ago, was severe, and started early.

Thanks again for all the prayers and quick responses. It's so nice to have a forum full of vast experiences and wisdom to rely on - no matter the hour or need!

You all are a blessing!

Well. . .we have bloody show and some contractions going on now. Off to rest on the couch, sure don't want to make my OB miss the Superbowl :D

The Superbowl is over. How's the baby?

:iagree: How are you both doing?

:grouphug: Tina. I hope all is well with you and babe. I missed your original thread- how close are you to your due date? More :grouphug:. I really hope all is well.

We're home! Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes for our family. We welcomed our newest addition Sunday evening (well technically Monday morning @ 12:07) 5 weeks before she was due . . .

Ava Katherine

6lbs 14oz

The weekend was a series of events - starting with a fall (hence the thread title ;)), ending with abruption of the placenta and profuse sudden bleeding which created an emergency situation for us Sunday night not too long after I posted about the contractions.

I remember dh on the phone with 911 saying things like "boot string", "safety pin", "no, I don't see a head yet" . . .and then whirlwind. Wow, those are words you don't forget! :-)

Anywho, as you can imagine, we are SO grateful for the positive outcome and SO happy to be home safe and sound.

I'll post more details and pics to my blog when I get a chance.