Menu

s/o: fall in late pregnancy - urgent question!

Oh my!! Congratulations!!!!! What a story you have to tell her! :)

Yes, do share details because "bootstring" and "safety pin" totally have me wondering what in the world 911 was telling you! :lol: Bootstring for the cord of course but a safety pin???

As a side, I really wish 911 ops and EMS workers had more training in childbirth, specifically that the cord does NOT need to be tied off!

Oh my!! Congratulations!!!!! What a story you have to tell her! :)

Yes, do share details because "bootstring" and "safety pin" totally have me wondering what in the world 911 was telling you! :lol: Bootstring for the cord of course but a safety pin???

As a side, I really wish 911 ops and EMS workers had more training in childbirth, specifically that the cord does NOT need to be tied off!

:iagree: When I abrupted the 911 operator told me to lay on my left side and have my husband place his hand inside me, where I was bleeding from. :001_huh:

Congrats Tina! I am glad her and you are safe!

We're home! Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes for our family. We welcomed our newest addition Sunday evening (well technically Monday morning @ 12:07) 5 weeks before she was due . . .

Ava Katherine

6lbs 14oz

The weekend was a series of events - starting with a fall (hence the thread title ;)), ending with abruption of the placenta and profuse sudden bleeding which created an emergency situation for us Sunday night not too long after I posted about the contractions.

I remember dh on the phone with 911 saying things like "boot string", "safety pin", "no, I don't see a head yet" . . .and then whirlwind. Wow, those are words you don't forget! :-)

Anywho, as you can imagine, we are SO grateful for the positive outcome and SO happy to be home safe and sound.

I'll post more details and pics to my blog when I get a chance.

Congratulations! What a relief that all is well with you both!