• Rod and Staff
    • Abeka
    • Horizons
    • Other (please post)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ds10 is using Kinetic Books Algebra 1. Ds6 is using Mammoth Math grade 1 from their new full curriculum series.

We started on different with Singapore (NEM1 and 1A), but decided to make changes to programs that better fit our personalities (mine as teacher, theirs as student). Our new choices are going much more smoothly.

Ds11 is in K12's Math program. We are direct consumers, not part of any virtual school.

Dd9 has been working in Teaching Textbooks 7 but has reached a rough spot. We've laid the program aside for a while and she's doing Aleks online and MCP Math Level F. I'll put her back into TT7 in a month or so. It wasn't that she couldn't do the work. The problems were multi-step problems that were overwhelming if she was asked to do more than one. She just needs a break.

Key to Math series for 11yo.Scott Foresman's Exploring Mathematics for 6yo.I will be switching to something else for the younger child next year.I'd really like to find a program that teaches the basics-addition and subtraction for grades 1&2 and multiplication and division for grades 3&4 and doesn't try to put a little bit of everything else in every other chapter.