Menu

What are your favorite TV shows over the last 15 years?

These are not necessarily in order of the ones I like best just the order I thought of them:

1) Buffy

2) Angel

3) Firefly

4) Dollhouse

5) Fringe

6) Warehouse 13

7) Eureka

8) Haven

9) Friends

10) That '70s Show

11) Smallville

12) 24

13) Bones

14) House

15) Jerico

For the most part, I don't watch regular TV so I have watched almost all of these on DVD. I have a new Netflix account though so I am looking for things to put in my que but I will make a seperate post for that. Just curious to see what everyone here likes as I often find common interests here.

ETA: This is what I do in the middle of the night when I am not sleeping. I think I watched Fringe or Bones the entire night once.

Edited by KidsHappen

These are not necessarily in order of the ones I like best just the order I thought of them:

1) Buffy

2) Angel

3) Firefly

4) Dollhouse

5) Fringe

6) Warehouse 13

7) Eureka

8) Haven

9) Friends

10) That '70s Show

11) Smallville

12) 24

13) Bones

14) House

15) Jerico

For the most part, I don't watch regular TV so I have watched almost all of these on DVD. I have a new Netflix account though so I am looking for things to put in my que but I will make a seperate post for that. Just curious to see what everyone here likes as I often find common interests here.

Wow, with that list, I can't believe you're not a LOST fan! We're watching that for the second time through on Netflix watch instantly.

Well, your top 7 would be in my top 22.

My top 22 (not in any particular order):

Eureka

Leverage

Burn Notice

White Collar

Covert Affairs

Fringe

Dollhouse

Warehouse 13

Firefly

Stargate SG-1

Bones

House

Monk (was great for a long time, but I was glad when they ended it because I was ready for him to have a life)

Lie to Me

Buffy

Dead Zone

Sanctuary

Eleventh Hour

Numb3rs

Star Trek Voyager

Star Trek Next Generation

Flash Forward

edited to add:

Castle (don't know how I forgot to list it originally)

Pretender (but I was mad that they added new plot elements and didn't resolve any old ones when they did the movie)

Chef (only the first two seasons, went downhill from there, NOT for kids to watch)

Andromeda (FABULOUS at first, but went downhill after they ran out of Roddenberry's plans)

Odyssey 5 (canceled before it even finished its season and they never showed the last couple of episodes that had already been filmed)

Stargate Atlantis (very good, but not as good as the original)

I had Showtime just so I could watch Stargate SG-1. They canceled Stargate (fortunately SciFi picked it up) and then they canceled Odyssey 5. I was also watching a post-plague show on Showtime. I can't remember the name of it, but they took it off the air for more than a year, then started it up again without reshowing any of the previous season shows and totally destroyed it.

I'm reserving judgment on Stargate Universe. It has potential, but it reminds me a lot of Star Trek Deep Space 9 the way that everything is centered on the ship (was a space station in DS9). I just don't think it's going to work long-term. I'm glad they finally got aliens involved. I don't know why it took them so long to do it.

Edited by AngieW in Texas

I rarely watch tv, but I always loved 3rd Rock from the Sun.

Some others I enjoy (watch sometimes w/ my dc):

Mythbusters

Man Vs. Wild

SurvivorMan

ETA: Dh & dd love NCIS, so I have seen a large number of them too, lol. I do like that show.

Many of the series that you gals/guys are listing... I have never seen.

Edited by Stacia

Parks and Recreation

Colbert Report

30 Rock

Ugly Betty

The Office

Everybody Loves Raymond

Antiques Roadshow

American Pickers

Glee

House Hunters

ER

First three seasons of House (then stopped watching)

Going father back in time....

Waltons

MASH

Little House on the Prairie

Mork and Mindy

Cosby Show

Roseanne

and still farther into my childhood....

Bewitched

Laugh In

and the Sunday night routine of:

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom

Wonderful World of Disney

The Mothers-in-Law

(then we kids were sent to bed...and creeped back out to peek around the corner at, gasp, Love American Style)

and, always, reruns of I Love Lucy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by JFSinIL

THat is exactly what my first thought was as well!

I think Lost is my all time favorite show now.

Lost

X-Files

Six Feet Under

NCIS

Friends

Seinfeld

Crossing Jordan

CSI

Heroes

I am sure there are more, but that is what I can think of at the moment.

Wow, with that list, I can't believe you're not a LOST fan! We're watching that for the second time through on Netflix watch instantly.

I've watched at least one full season of the following:

Friends

Dexter (I agree, not for everyone, but really good)

Heroes

That 70s Show

Freaks & Geeks

Monk

The Office (the UK version too!)

Monarch of the Glen (BBC)

The Guild

Studio 60

The IT Crowd (hilarious if you love computers & British comedy)

OK, I'll play! In no particular order:

Being Human (My FAVORITE show right now! Vampires, Werewolves, & Ghosts!!)

Buffy

Angel

Big Bang Theory

Burn Notice

Torchwood

Doctor Who

Arrested Development

Lost

Freaks and Geeks

Scrubs

Father Ted

Vicar of Dibley

Bones

I think that covers it, off the top of my head :D.

ETA: Completely inappropriate Brit humor: Peep Show and The Inbetweeners!

Edited by sparrow

In no particular order:

Law & Order (mainly CI and SVU)

House

The Office

My Name is Earl

That 70's Show

Sex and the City

Seinfeld

Desperate Housewives

The Pretender

The Apprentice (before it became "Celebrity Apprentice" - I stopped watching at that point)

American Idol

The Simpsons

King of the Hill

Scrubs

I watched LOST on TV, every episode. I once put off going to the hospital with kidney stones until an episode was over. However, let's say I was less then impressed with the last season. I don't like the direction it took and I don't think that they wrapped it up and answered all the questions very well.

Yes, I remember this.

I also remember staying up late to watch Night Gallery.

I also loved MASH. The last episode has to be one of the worst tear-jerkers ever.

And shhh, don't tell anyone but I remember getting our first color TV (yep, I am that old).

Well, your top 7 would be in my top 22.

My top 22 (not in any particular order):

Eureka

Leverage

Burn Notice

White Collar

Covert Affairs

Fringe

Dollhouse

Warehouse 13

Firefly

Stargate SG-1

Bones

House

Monk (was great for a long time, but I was glad when they ended it because I was ready for him to have a life)

Lie to Me

Buffy

Dead Zone

Sanctuary

Eleventh Hour

Numb3rs

Star Trek Voyager

Star Trek Next Generation

Flash Forward

Oh, I also really like Monk and Lie to Me. I watched the first season of Flash Forward but since it's a JJ Abrams show I am reserving judgement right now.

Gilmore Girls

Everwood

Lost

Jericho (though the ending really stunk....they stopped in the middle of the season)

Fringe

Survivor

American Idol

Friends

Everybody Loves Raymond

The O.C.

Grey's Anatomy

House

7th Heaven

Flash Forward

The 4400 (very cool)

Army Wives

Prison Break (LOOOOVE this!)

Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman

Boy Meets World

Party of Five

Step by Step

Friday Night Lights

Parks and Recreation

Colbert Report

30 Rock

Ugly Betty

The Office

Everybody Loves Raymond

Antiques Roadshow

American Pickers

Glee

House Hunters

First three seasons of House (then stopped watching)

Going father back in time....

Waltons

MASH

Little House on the Prairie

and still farther into my childhood....

Bewitched

Laugh In

The Mothers-in-Law

(then we kids were sent to bed...and creeped back out to peek around the corner at, gasp, Love American Style)

and, always, reruns of I Love Lucy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! for posting!!!:D Yours is the first one that names something I have actually watched! And enjoyed - such as Waltons, MASH, Little House, Wild Kingdom, Disney, The Mothers-in-Law, I Love Lucy.

In fact, just this evening I was going through old VCR tapes trying to locate the three reunion Walton movies - found 'em! AND, this past week I actually got the ironing all caught up while watching Little House reruns!

Just for the record, I did recognize two or three shows listed, but I haven't seen them. Dh and ds watch Mythbusters religiously, for example.:D

I don't feel badly not knowing what most of the listed shows are - perhaps I don't know what I'm missing??? - but I sure was happy to see something I recognized!

Gilmore Girls

Everwood

Lost

Jericho (though the ending really stunk....they stopped in the middle of the season)

Fringe

Survivor

American Idol

Friends

Everybody Loves Raymond

The O.C.

Grey's Anatomy

House

7th Heaven

Flash Forward

The 4400 (very cool)

Army Wives

Prison Break (LOOOOVE this!)

Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman

Boy Meets World

Party of Five

Step by Step

Friday Night Lights

Interested in hearing about Everwood. We loved Jericho and were bummed when it ended. They were going to end it after season one but due to audience response they decided on a short season two to wrap things up. I was satisfied with that. We have 4400 and once again wish that it hadn't ended as soon as it did. There was another one we watched around that time that we really liked, I think it was called Alien Invasion or maybe just Invasion, anyhow it didn't get picked up either.

I watched LOST on TV, every episode. I once put off going to the hospital with kidney stones until an episode was over. However, let's say I was less then impressed with the last season. I don't like the direction it took and I don't think that they wrapped it up and answered all the questions very well.

I agree. 100%. I'm still miffed about a few things... even more so now that I'm watching it again. :glare:

But I'm back in Season 5 now, and things are peachy in New Otherton.

3rd Rock From the Sun

Corner Gas

The Office

Star Trek TNG

Star Trek DS9

Babylon 5

Monk

Psych

Dr. Who--dh and ds favorite

Scrubs

News Radio

Mythbusters

Dirty Jobs

Keeping Up Appearances

Mr. Bean

I have watched some of Star Trek TNG, love Picard. None of the other one though, I'll have to check it out. Also, please tell me about Babylon 5.

I have watched some of Star Trek TNG, love Picard. None of the other one though, I'll have to check it out. Also, please tell me about Babylon 5.

We just finished re-watching B5 tonight. I'm not always big fan of sci-fi but this one has a captivating storyline. Dh got me into the Star Trek shows and this one. I'm going to link wikipedia because it will fill you in better than I can. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5 It's available on dvd and instant thru netflix.

Ok, I noticed several people listed Psych, Big Bang Theory and Burn Notice. I have never heard of these. Please tell me about them. :bigear:

Psych and Burn Notice are on USA Network. Psych is a comedy about a "psychic detective" who uses simply uses his heightened sense of perception (through his childhood training by dad Corbin Bersen :-). It is hysterical!

Burn Notice is an action adventure show about a burned spy who solves other people's problems as he try to get back into the CIA. It keeps you in suspense, and the lead character Michael Weston is easy on the eyes :tongue_smilie:.

Big Bang Theory is on CBS. It is a comedy about two CalTech grad geeks and their friends and coworkers --- hilarious!

I have been avoiding the pull towards these as it seems like there is an awful lot. I wouldn't even know where to start. Plus I watched one of the movies once and wasn't terribly impressed.

The original movie is kind of ehhhh. Only if you are a die hard fan will you enjoy it. The last 2 movies, you have to have watched the show to understand them.

Atlantis only has 5 seasons so it might be better to start there. You do not have to watch them both. Even though they "link" a little bit, they are both stand alone shows.

If you are interested in watching them, PM me and I can answer any question you might have. :D

Walker Texas Ranger

Walker Texas Ranger was filmed very close to where I used to live. Several times we had to go the long way around to get home because they had closed the main access road for filming.

One time they actually had the only entrance to our little neighborhood (just 10 homes) blocked off. My dh and I had to show our driver's licenses in order for them to let us through to go home.

Covert Affairs

Criminal Minds

CSI -- all of them

NCIS -- both of them

Cold Case

Without a Trace

Law and Order -- all of them

NYPD Blue

I try to avoid most of these kinds of shows as I kind of have, let's say, a problem (ok, an obsession) with this subject matter. I actually took several law enforcement classes in college until I realized that it might not be very compatable with being a wife and mother. But I was always fascinated with the subject matter. At one point in time (until about 1990), I knew every known serial killer. Since then there has kind of been a proliferation of them and it is harder to keep up but I still stay current on major events in this field. I have read tons of true crime books and well, if I started watching these shows, I might not ever get up from the TV. :001_smile: