Menu

mom confession

At the doctor's office today, I had no idea how many weeks I was pregnant with my six-year-old. "Uh... let's see... by his due date I thought he was going to be a Pisces... that's February, right?" Am I the only person who doesn't memorize this stuff? Have you ever completely embarrassed yourself in front of a doctor?

At the doctor's office today, I had no idea how many weeks I was pregnant with my six-year-old. "Uh... let's see... by his due date I thought he was going to be a Pisces... that's February, right?" Am I the only person who doesn't memorize this stuff? Have you ever completely embarrassed yourself in front of a doctor?

No. I am curious, though. You're pregnant with a 6 year old? :confused: :D Ouch!

Oh, yeah. BTDT.

Doc, "What kind of hobbies do you have?"

Me, "I play video games and visit an online forum."

Doc: :glare:

40w1d

41w0d

40w0d

42w and 26 minutes

That said, I'm a total dunce when asked about my LMP, lol. Technically, that makes most of my gestation times meaningless!

I never remember my LMP either. I had a tubal 2 1/2 years ago and just don't see the point in keeping the exact date anymore. My answer to the doc is usually "I have one a month." The only time I actually remember the date is when it interferes with my anniversary like it did this year. (I'm sure that's TMI....sorry.)

I can't remember what times my kids were born, nor their weights, save one-he was 9 lbs! I know oldest dd was born on a Sunday. Other than that, no clue!

Well, you are doing better than me. I can't remember time, weight (okay, I know approximate), length, or day of the week. It's written down somewhere. I can tell the STORY but not all those details.

At least you remember how old he is. I keep getting my dcs ages wrong... she's twelve, no wait, that's right thirteen. He's seven.. no nine, no wait! 2001 (12345678) he's eight :) the little one? He's a toddler ;)

When I turned 32 I went a whole month thinking I was 33. When I found out I was wrong, I was suddenly a whole year younger! That was great!

When I turned 32 I went a whole month thinking I was 33. When I found out I was wrong, I was suddenly a whole year younger! That was great!

I will be thirty in July. The only reason I can remember that is because I was born in 80. It makes the math for my age simple. The kids had to be all unusual (96, 01, 06) and that means my poor aged brain just can't keep up :p

I can remember their weights, but not their lengths; and definitely not how long I was pregnant. That's one question I get asked a lot: "How long were you pregnant with the twins?".

I really can't remember; it was either 36 weeks or 38 weeks. All I know is that I was miserable; so however long it was, it was too long!

That said, I'm a total dunce when asked about my LMP, lol. Technically, that makes most of my gestation times meaningless!

Lol, same here. With my last, the nurse said, "Now, when was your LMP?" "Well, I don't remember. It wasn't very interesting to me. I do know when I ovulated and when I conceived, and I figured my due date based on that perfectly well." The nurse was totally nonplussed. (Strangely, my OB was totally fine with it!)

I'm considering having my third child's birthday tatooed onto my hand.....I'm just glad it comes at the end of the month and I have enough forwarning to go look it up before it passes me by.

The older two remember their birthdays on their own. ;)

LMP. Ha. GL with that.

I can't remember what times my kids were born, nor their weights, save one-he was 9 lbs! I know oldest dd was born on a Sunday. Other than that, no clue!

Big babies just stick with you. :)

Weights I remember: 8-4, 10-5, and 9-3. The 10-5 was born at 10:05 am. After that it gets fuzzy.

Weights I remember: 8-4, 10-5, and 9-3. The 10-5 was born at 10:05 am. After that it gets fuzzy.

That is so funny, I can remember their weights right off the top of my head, but their birthdays take a minute and their ages take mental calculation :lol:

(7'11, 9'11, 9 even, btw)

I can actually remember all of the kids weights, lengths, and due dates, but most of the time I can never remember where I put my keys, cell phone, or where I parked the car. Go figure!

pregnancy 1: 8 lb. 1 oz. - 20 3/4 in (was due 3/27/1998)

pregnancy 2: 8 lb. 14. oz. - 21 1/2 in (was due 1/19/2001)

pregnancy 3: 6 lb. 8 oz. - 18 in. & 6 lb. 12 oz. 18 1/2 in. (was due 7-8-2003)

pregnancy 4: 7 lb. 13 oz. 19 1/2 in. (was due 5/12/2004)

pregnancy 5: 5 lb. 1 oz. - 18 in. (was due 6/19/2007)

LOL! Me, too!

I'm very forgetful with my own details, but not so much the dc. I remember all the wts, lengths, time of birth, due date, actual date (much later than the due date), etc, but I have absolutely no idea what thier ss#s are or how to even find out.

I totally agree. I had one 10 lbs and one 9 1/2 lbs and even my husband remembers that. The lengths are fuzzy but I could accurately guess. I just figure that if I lost my brain when I was pregnant with them then they must be smarter for it. :D It had to go somewhere right!!

Have you ever completely embarrassed yourself in front of a doctor?

I have absolutely no idea how long I was pregnant. I didn't know I had to know. I figured knowing my due date was good enough.:001_smile: I honestly don't think my doctor knew how many weeks I was pregnant either. Apparently he was wrong about the date because my delivering doctor and all the nurses said that she was way overdo. They said she should have come out 2-3 weeks beforehand.:001_huh:

I can remember the month, but I never remember the day of their birthdays.

Our first time in the emergency room with ds the admitting nurse asked for his birthdate and I rattled off something. A second later she told me that their computer had a different date entirely. I said;

"Fine, let's go with that!"

I would like to put it down to the stress of being there but the only one whose date I remember is our oldest because she was born on dh's birthday.

Our new ped asks me the LMP for my dds and I tell her I don't keep track of that for myself and I certainly don't keep track of it for them. I know. What a bad mom.

Amber in SJ

This is why all my kids are born on the 13th, 3 of them all on the same day, 1 the month before. Nice and easy to keep up with birthdays.

Lucky!

I have two in May, two on the 1st of their months, and the girls are 2002 and 2003. I know all four dates just fine. It's remembering which is which that can be a problem!

Usually, I do remember that kind of stuff. And I think it's a pretty amazing feat. But when the birth certificate lady walked into my room with baby #4, the conversation went something like this:

lady: what's the baby's birth date?

me: April 23rd?

lady: I don't think so

me: umm, August 22?

lady: [looks at me]

me: no, that's not right. It was yesterday. What was the date yesterday?

lady: August 23rd.

me: ok, that's the date then.

lady: time of birth?

me: umm... 4:24?

lady: let me see her card. [all the important info was on a card on the bassinet] It was 4:34

me: oh, that's right

lady: attending physician?

me: uhh, it was the midwife...

lady: Dr T. is written here

me: yes, but it was her midwife...(couldn't remember her name)

lady: Dr. T.

me: ok

Why was this lady even bothering to ask me anything? I'd just had a baby. Geesh. :lol:

I only remember how many weeks because they were both 2 weeks overdue and I was sooo miserable for those extra weeks.

I can't count how many times I've picked up their rx vitamins and they ask me the kid's b-days and I have to stand there and try to figure it out. When I try to deflect the question to my 7 yo (pretending to be a thoughtful mom who is letting her son answer for himself) he just says, "I don't know when my birthday is!" which makes me look even worse. Haven't I ever told my son his own birthday? And he KNOWS his birthday!! But in front of anyone else, he just gets the deer in headlight look and can't remember. Sort of the same look I have on my face when they ask for his birthdate.

My dh is 5 years older than me and when he turned 32 he started to forget his age. I was soooo irritated with him, because it seemed so affected. How can you forget your own age?? But oddly enough, 5 years later when I turned 32, I couldn't remember my age either. I'm turning 37 (I think) in a few days. It's hard to keep track.

Edited by Garga

You are kidding me. We have to know that stuff? Good night, nurse! No can do. I'm lucky if I can remember to go to the doctor.

Why was this lady even bothering to ask me anything? I'd just had a baby. Geesh. :lol:

No, joke! My husband asked me where his slippers were, about 20 minutes after I'd had a baby in my house. Honey, I'm sorry, I haven't been thinking about your slippers for the last 8 hours or so. I've been focused... you know... on other things. I hope you can forgive me.

Last year for my physical, my Dr's nurse was on vacation. So, I get this really sweet nurse who's filling in. She asked me for my LMP and I explained I had a hysterectomy in 2007. She. Could. Not. Move ON!!!! She asked me again. I laughed and said I really didn't know because I've had a HYSTERECTOMY! She said, "Could you estimate for me please?":001_huh: When my Dr came in the room and I told her the story, all she could do was shake her head and mumble under her breath.

:lol:

As for ages, I keep telling my dh he's going to be 36 when he'd going to be 37 in January. You'd think he'd appreciate that!:tongue_smilie:

Dorinda

At least you remember how old he is. I keep getting my dcs ages wrong... she's twelve, no wait, that's right thirteen. He's seven.. no nine, no wait! 2001 (12345678) he's eight :) the little one? He's a toddler ;)

I will be thirty in July. The only reason I can remember that is because I was born in 80. It makes the math for my age simple. The kids had to be all unusual (96, 01, 06) and that means my poor aged brain just can't keep up :p

I did something similar. But I turned out to be a year older. I was pretty upset about the year of my life that I lost.
:lol::lol: OH ho ho! I am waking the baby!

I don't remember any of those sorts of things!
:iagree:

I know all their baby info and gestational weeks. However my baby boy's birthday throws me everytime! I was due 04/23/08, but actually had him 03/24/08. Always, always think his due date as his birthdate! The insurance company was sure confused when I added him to our policy. The hospital submitted claims for a March 24th birth and I claimed he was born in April.....

LOL I remember some things well but other things... nada.

Lets see....

Ds1/Dd were 4 weeks preemie, Ds was 4 lbs 7 oz, Dd was 5 lbs 1 oz, Ds was born at 5:46am, Dd at 6:58am... I have no clue what day of the week that was-LOL. I don't remember how long they were either. No clue to any of their astronomy signs and three of them would be the same-LOL. I can't remember when ds took his first steps.. but dd took her first step at their 1st bday party (but I don't know the day as they didn't have bday part on their bday and I don't remember the date).

Ds2 was induced 9 days early and weighed 7lbs 8oz and born mid afternoon on a Saturday. Time I can't remember (I think 3:18). I can't remember his birth stone. The other three are easy to remember as theirs is a diamond. I don't remember his 1st steps but he was 9 months old when he learned to walk.

Ds3 was born on his due date (on the twins 6th bday). He was born late morning (11 something I think). Weighed 8lbs 7 ozs. I don't remember when, but his first steps was around 15 months old and he was in physical therapy.

Asked when last time I took prednisone (I take it 3-4 times a year)... I have to guess and my doctor looks at me like I have three heads. I carry my list of meds as I can never remember which antihistamine nor dosage amounts I take.

LOL, I have to think about how old I am. "I am 42... oh wait let's see.. I was born in 1966, and it is 2009... oh yeah its December and I turned 43 at last bday.... so I am 43"

I have to think of birth year and figure out ages once past about age19-LOL. My niece and nephews are over 20 so I have to think back to their birth year and figure out their ages.

I went for a physical and when the doctor asked me how old I was I just looked at her, "....um....I was born in 1964, so...., um....." She told me how old I was :001_huh:.

My youngest didn't know how old she was until this past year. It drove my MIL nuts! :lol: We would drill this kid every time MIL was going to visit and the child would still go blank.

I'm embarrassed to say that I am incapable of remembering my third child's birthday. I cannot for the life of me remember whether she was born on 3 Dec or 4 Dec. I know how old she is (usually) and can work out the year of her birth; but, I have a 50-50 chance of being right about the day.

During my first OB check with my current pg, the nurse asked about LMP. I just looked at her. I mean, please, she's known me for 9 years and 4 (now 5) pregnancies. I have NEVER, EVER known my LMP.

I have a lot of trouble with my girls bdays because they are 4 years and 1 day apart. I end up correcting myself on a fairly regular basis when telling their bdays :tongue_smilie: I do remember how long I was pg with each, because they were kind enough to be 3 days early, 6 days early and 12 days early respectively. DS was born on a major holiday, so I don't forget his birthday and I remember the weights of the older 2 (7lb12oz and 8lb even), but I'm a little hazy on the 3rd (7lb3oz, I think...). I remember times for the most part, too. I was in labor with DS for 22 hours, 2+ hours of it was pushing. Around 6pm (~1.5 hours into pushing), I told the nurse that I was giving birth to him before her shift ended at 645pm. I made it by 1 minute ;) Older DD was born in England and I had a *very* fast labor. I woke up at 235am when my water broke and she was in my arms an hour and 45 mins later (we did make it to the hospital, but if I'd been willing to push in the car it could have been about an hour and a half). I thought it was funny, because it was a different day back home. Younger DD was born in the same hospital as DS, but she didn't show up until about half an hour after shift change (I had 2 male nurses with her labor, one was a trainee and he stayed for her birth because he hadn't been able to see many and he figured if I was that close, he might as well wait around :lol:). If you are modest, I don't recommend giving birth in a military hospital at shift change. If there were less than 10 non-family members in the room for either birth, I'd be shocked. I didn't particularly care, and by the time I was paying attention to something besides pushing most were gone anyway.

Edited by mbeaser

I totally agree. I had one 10 lbs and one 9 1/2 lbs and even my husband remembers that. The lengths are fuzzy but I could accurately guess.

Or, "Two Feet", as I like to tell people.

And he was over ten pounds. (Not sure how much, I just remember the ten pounds part, lol.)

If ever I was to get a tattoo, that would likely be what it was; dc #5's weight and length at birth.

It was a significant emotional event. (Thought I was going to get an epidural, and was wrong.)

the weights i remember because they went up like stair steps: #1, 6'12 oz; #2, 7'12 oz; #3, 8'12 oz; #4, 9'12 oz; #5, 10' 8 oz. no kidding. am i nervous about #6? i'm praying its a girl (the first 2 were girls, those last 3 boys). but lmp? i totally had to guesstimate. i used to ask my good friend when i got pregnant - she has a sharp memory and could always remember the last time i complained about my period.

Years ago I was at the US consulate in Hong Kong, and they asked how long I had been married and what the date of our wedding was. I could roughly work out the year but I had no idea of the date. As they were asking questions to try and work out if husband was fleeing responsibility for children from a previous marriage (mistaken identity based on a few database points) it all sounded a bit fishy.

Laura

I can tell the STORY but not all those details.

That's me too. I do remember each birth, and can happily related the story. The numerical details seemed unimportant. I only remember the birth times of the first two children because they were weirdly symmetrical-- one kid born at 7:02 a.m. and one born at 6:58 a.m., or something like that, both around 7, within ten minutes of each other, although three years apart. I have no idea what time my youngest was born.

I can't tell you how many times this year I've referred to my four-year-old as a three-year-old. I think it's because I was sick and missed his birthday party. That's where I'm placing the blame, anyway.

I'm embarrassed to say that I am incapable of remembering my third child's birthday. I cannot for the life of me remember whether she was born on 3 Dec or 4 Dec. I know how old she is (usually) and can work out the year of her birth; but, I have a 50-50 chance of being right about the day.

Haha! My dad was like this with my birthday. Everyone gave him flack for it, but I didn't mind. He was my favorite parent anyway.