Menu

Please pray for me!!

I don't post on here a lot, but I lurk daily. Well more like a few times daily. Please pray for me. I have found out that I have several blood clots in my left lung. (pulmonary embolism) I am 2 weeks postpartum with our sixth child. I am in the hospital now and am on blood thinners. I am so nervous. I do not have any friends or a support network. I had to stop breastfeeding last night and give the baby a bottle. I don't know what to expect, I am just very scared. I really need all of the prayers that I can get. Thanks so much!

Erin

**Update in post on page 4**

Edited by kjdkek
update

I'll be praying for you. I know how scary this can be. I had this post op last spring and here I am to encourage you. :) Taking the blood thinners and regulating them is a pain but it doesn't last forever. Hang in there. God will give you grace to see it through. Your baby will be find on bottles and you will be home soon. PM if you would like.

Oh no! :grouphug:and prayers to you.

I have a friend who just came home from the hospital...also a pulmonary embolism, at 6 weeks post-partum (result of bc pills.) My SIL has had several pulmonary embolisms (both in response to bc and elevated estrogen levels of pregnancy.) SIL breastfed also. I was asking her about this recently, and she said that there is one blood thinner considered safe for pg and nursing...can't remember the name offhand. (It was NOT Coumadin; I know that for sure.) If you want to continue bfing, maybe you could ask your doctors about this. At any rate, I pray you have quick (well, as quick as possible...lungs take a while to heal) and complete recovery.

Erin, I know what you're going through. I was diagnosed with a dvt and pe at 12 weeks pregnant with my last child. Because I was still pregnant I had to give myself injections 3 times per day in my belly rather than take coumadin. Long story short, ds is a happy, healthy 13 year old boy who never nursed a day in his life.

Realize that PE is a life threatening event. Don't mess around with it. Do what you need to do, rest and enjoy that new baby.

At this point your older kids will need to step up and help. My oldest was 5 when I was diagnosed. I had 2 in diapers. He learned to slap together peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, bring me diapers, and help entertain the other babies. Luckily we didn't have to do school.

Erin, I wish I could reach out and give you a big hug! It's so hard when things don't turn out the way one expects with a new baby. Do you have any family that could come and stay with you for a few weeks? Or maybe a neighbor? While everything right now looks bleak, it will turn out fine :-) The worst part for me was drying up my milk supply! Oh.my.word...that was painful. I had a RN friend who recommended cold cabbage leaves in the bra during that time. It did help...just an fyi :-)

I know you're in a whirlwind right now, but when you need to talk or have questions, please feel free to pm or e-mail me. You'll be in my prayers!

I don't post on here a lot, but I lurk daily. Well more like a few times daily. Please pray for me. I have found out that I have several blood clots in my left lung. (pulmonary embolism) I am 2 weeks postpartum with our sixth child. I am in the hospital now and am on blood thinners. I am so nervous. I do not have any friends or a support network. I had to stop breastfeeding last night and give the baby a bottle. I don't know what to expect, I am just very scared. I really need all of the prayers that I can get. Thanks so much!

Erin

Wow....:grouphug: Hang in there. Let us know how you are.

Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers. I am doing great so far. They are going to let me go home today. No more blood clots in my legs and my heart looks great. I will be on blood thinners for 6 months. God is great!!!! I will have to take it easy for a while but that will be fine. My mother flew in from Texas so she will be here for a few weeks to help out. What a whirlwind I have been on. I can not believe that the hospital stay is so short for something so serious. I came in Thursday afternoon to the ER and I get to head home today. My baby has been doing great at taking a bottle. I think that not breastfeeding has been the hardest thing in all of this. It has been very hard being away from my kids but I will be home soon. They do not know so we are surprising them. Once again I want to thank everyone for all of their prayers. You are all so kind!!

Erin

Don't forget that someone mentioned there is a blood thinner that you can take while breastfeeding.

In my experience, our hometown doctors are either too inexperienced, or too lazy to find out what really can effect you while breastfeeding. Somewhere I remember seeing a website with listed medications that were either safe or not, to use while breastfeeding. Maybe from Dr. Sears or Dr. Jack Newman?

Alison

Guest Alte Veste Academy
In my experience, our hometown doctors are either too inexperienced, or too lazy to find out what really can effect you while breastfeeding. Somewhere I remember seeing a website with listed medications that were either safe or not, to use while breastfeeding. Maybe from Dr. Sears or Dr. Jack Newman?

Alison

:iagree: :glare:

Kellymom is what I used when I had to figure it out for myself 3.5 years ago when I was prescribed a drug that I shouldn't have been taking. The doctor just didn't care, frankly. I know there are great doctors out there but too many don't give enough consideration to drugs and breastfeeding.

Don't forget that someone mentioned there is a blood thinner that you can take while breastfeeding.

Yes. I was on Lovenox during most of my last pregnancy and post partum because I was found to have a blood clotting disorder that shows up during pregnancy *and accounted for my two pregnancy losses*. I was on two daily shots of Lovenox. It is safe, I breastfed throughout.