Menu

If I am on your ignore list...........

Y'all are not going to believe what happened to me while y'all were sitting around ignoring me.

I went up to the chicken house to tuck the chickens in and there was a dad gum possum up there. Again. I tried to run him out but he stood his ground. A possum. He showed his teeth and GROWLED AT ME. Not kidding. I had to jump up on the freezer, he crawled behind it and I was treed. No phone!!! But I had my camera, so I turned it on the movie thing and lowered it down behind the freezer and taped him growling.

I finally got out and got one of the boys to handle it. I'm telling you girls, it's a good thing I had gone to the bathroom before I went up there. I know, TMI, but it's the truth.

I'll put the video up tomorrow, that sucker sounded like a grizzly bear.

:smilielol5: I don't even know you, but that is funny! I'm so glad I'm not ignoring you!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all are not going to believe what happened to me while y'all were sitting around ignoring me.

I went up to the chicken house to tuck the chickens in and there was a dad gum possum up there. Again. I tried to run him out but he stood his ground. A possum. He showed his teeth and GROWLED AT ME. Not kidding. I had to jump up on the freezer, he crawled behind it and I was treed. No phone!!! But I had my camera, so I turned it on the movie thing and lowered it down behind the freezer and taped him growling.

I finally got out and got one of the boys to handle it. I'm telling you girls, it's a good thing I had gone to the bathroom before I went up there. I know, TMI, but it's the truth.

Definitely not normal behavior for a 'possom. I would be afraid of rabies. Good thing you escaped and are now safely tucked in with your rum and coke.

He showed his teeth and GROWLED AT ME. Not kidding. I had to jump up on the freezer, he crawled behind it and I was treed. No phone!!!

:ohmy: Wow. I can't believe it! I will come back to look for the video, because I'd like to see that. Did the boys "handle" it? As in, forever? I hope so, because I don't think you'd want to run into him again. Yikes!

Either that or make sure you're packing heat the next time you go down there at night!

Man, that would have been a great story... if I hadn't been ignoring you. :D

I can't wait to ignore the video.

(Okay... I must stop this now. I'm annoying myself.)

You know, I sometimes disagree with you, but you ALWAYS make me laugh. How could I ignore that? :D

And I'm going to have nightmares about rabid possums now. That thing was seriously terrifying!!! I'm glad you're safe and that the killer possum is no longer a threat to (wo)man or beast!

I don't have anyone on ignore.

ditto

I haven't seen the video yet, but I had a opossum hiss at me afour. I just left the area so he could meander away on his own. They like to sound more vicious than they are - when they choose to sound vicious.

If this thing seriously had you treed, I would suspect rabies too.

Speaking of rabid opossums, our dog killed one once - and refused to eat it.

See now, anyone who would ignore you would miss out on all of the interesting stuff that happens at your place.

Besides, you put into words what I only think about. You are my hero...and I love your horses too.

See now, anyone who would ignore you would miss out on all of the interesting stuff that happens at your place.

Besides, you put into words what I only think about. You are my hero...and I love your horses too.

I second that!

We are getting our horses in November. I am so excited.

I like you.

I like the way you tell it like it is.

I like the way you told me, one day when I was semi-whining about my preschooler and toddler twins driving me crazy, to (paraphrasing you here) "suck it up." That was the essence of your advice. I absolutely cracked up when I read that.

I like that you like horses. I like your avatar.

I am not ignoring you. You are too entertaining for that. :D

I like you.

I like the way you tell it like it is.

I like the way you told me, one day when I was semi-whining about my preschooler and toddler twins driving me crazy, to (paraphrasing you here) "suck it up." That was the essence of your advice. I absolutely cracked up when I read that.

I like that you like horses. I like your avatar.

I am not ignoring you. You are too entertaining for that. :D

:iagree: I love it when she does that. She is short, sweet, and to the point.:001_smile:

rockermom...... you're so hard core..... but don't let your need to be different keep you from something that could bring you joy..... her posts bring great joy :lol:

I know... I know. I'm only hurting myself, but I have such a self-destructive personality that I'm afraid I can't stop.

I'm off to shave off my hair and dye my scalp. :lol:

I know... I know. I'm only hurting myself, but I have such a self-destructive personality that I'm afraid I can't stop.

I'm off to shave off my hair and dye my scalp. :lol:

I shaved my head once. A month later I found out I was preg with ds1 and dh's grampa was diagnosed with cancer. Don't do it! I ended up pregnant and bald taking poor Grampa to his chemo and radiation and you can imagine how many times I had to explain that I didn't have cancer, just a raging case of stupidity. :p

I shaved my head once. A month later I found out I was preg with ds1 and dh's grampa was diagnosed with cancer. Don't do it! I ended up pregnant and bald taking poor Grampa to his chemo and radiation and you can imagine how many times I had to explain that I didn't have cancer, just a raging case of stupidity. :p

Those hormones are a doozy sometimes.;):lol:

Those hormones are a doozy sometimes.;):lol:

I didn't even KNOW I was pregnant at the time and I felt like such a monster going to those appointments with very sick people looking at ME with so much sympathy. I'm sure they were thinking, 'well at least I'm not PREGNANT and going through this.' Augh.

How could I ignore all this fun?! Nope, I don't have an ignore list, and am fully enjoying this thread! :D

Hey rockermom, when you're done with shaving your head and dying your scalp can you post an avatar with your new look? I'm sure remudamom would be okay with that!

How could I ignore all this fun?! Nope, I don't have an ignore list, and am fully enjoying this thread! :D

Hey rockermom, when you're done with shaving your head and dying your scalp can you post an avatar with your new look? I'm sure remudamom would be okay with that!

I can't... a rabid possum stole my hair dye. I had purchased the wrong color, anyway.

Calling all cars! Be on the lookout for an angry fuchsia possum.

I didn't even KNOW I was pregnant at the time and I felt like such a monster going to those appointments with very sick people looking at ME with so much sympathy. I'm sure they were thinking, 'well at least I'm not PREGNANT and going through this.' Augh.
Hey my natural therapies let me keep my hair, in fact, I am already looking better than I did. Maybe I'd get some empathy if I shaved my head. :tongue_smilie:

Hey my natural therapies let me keep my hair, in fact, I am already looking better than I did. Maybe I'd get some empathy if I shaved my head. :tongue_smilie:

:lol:

It's amazing how sad people were for me...... and how disgusted after they found out it was stupidity, not cancer.