Menu

There's another Duggar on the way

Does anyone fear for her health? I know that I have only had six and two of those lead to life threatening crises. I also have many health related problems related to having so many children. Everytime I hear she is pregnant again, I worry how long her body can hold out. And then who would take care of all those lovely children?

Does anyone fear for her health? I know that I have only had six and two of those lead to life threatening crises. I also have many health related problems related to having so many children. Everytime I hear she is pregnant again, I worry how long her body can hold out. And then who would take care of all those lovely children?

It's not Michelle. ;) Her daughter in law is expecting her first with Michelle's oldest son (remember the Very Duggar Wedding?).

I worry about mommies dying...it is one of my biggest fears. So yes, it has crossed my mind about Michelle Duggar. Esp. now that the article referenced said she had a section for her latest.

As for the daughter-in-law, it is wonderful for her but the article made it sound as if she was super-concerned about getting pregnant. Multiple pregnancy tests in the first few months of marriage? If that is true, it makes me wonder how much of the Duggar fame of a huge family would have hurt her if she had fertility problems...

I wish them the best, some people wish for a large family, but not everyone can carry babies. Dh kept saying, we're having as many kids as we can, but then I had three preemies in a row and he came back to "maybe that's not what God had it store for us." Gee ya think! I feel so blessed by the three that we do have and would not trade them for anything, but I did not want a large family and God took care of it for me!

psst. read the article! It's the daughter in law, not Michelle! ;)

Thanks guys. I didn't actually read the article and assumed it was Michelle. Wonderful news for the family and no concerns. That is great. :)

I envy the Duggars for many reasons. I wish I had known such a lifestyle was possible when I was much younger. I was raised in a non-religious home. I have never had religion in my marriages (one former, and my now). I think that family is blessed beyond belief.

Sometimes young women are just really eager to have babies. I would have been thrilled with a honeymoon baby (it didn't happen). I wouldn't necessarily attribute her motives to some sort of outside pressure.

:iagree: I was ready for a baby when my first husband and I married. He made me wait 2 agonizing years and then it took us over 2 years to get pregnant. I was so unhappy. :(

Sometimes young women are just really eager to have babies. I would have been thrilled with a honeymoon baby (it didn't happen). I wouldn't necessarily attribute her motives to some sort of outside pressure.

:iagree:

Both Joshua and Anna are from large families. I'd tend to think they wanted to have a large family of their own before I'd think they were pressured to. Both sides seem to be like-minded when it comes to child-bearing.

The only thing about that article that bothered me was several times the author referenced the couple not being "allowed" to kiss until they were married and they were "allowed" to finally kiss when they got married. Since they were adults at the time, I think chose would have been a better word choice.

The only thing about that article that bothered me was several times the author referenced the couple not being "allowed" to kiss until they were married and they were "allowed" to finally kiss when they got married. Since they were adults at the time, I think chose would have been a better word choice.

I agree. That phrasing really rubbed me the wrong way, and was actually the one thing that stuck out for me in the article. I think the author of the article really showed his (her?) bias right there. I'm not Christian, and have no experience with courtship at all (disclaimer to point out that I don't think I'm being overly sensitive, based on my worldview), but it seems pretty clear to me that this was their choice.

and that's not restrictive to young women either.

I do believe I was a POAS addict for for several months prior to my 6th and 9th babies. Not that we weren't happy to have the others, but for some reason we were especially eager for those particuliar BFPs

and that's not restrictive to young women either.

I do believe I was a POAS addict for for several months prior to my 6th and 9th babies. Not that we weren't happy to have the others, but for some reason we were especially eager for those particuliar BFPs

I often POAS while using birth control, lol. I just have to be 100% certain at all times!

There was no pressure for dh and I to procreate (in fact, I think our families would have preferred we waited), but I started testing the month after we were married.

I often POAS while using birth control, lol. I just have to be 100% certain at all times!

Obviously I"m showing my stupidity here, but what the heck is POAS?

To me, it's a plural of Pony Of the America (POA)

Astrid (woefully illiterate when it comes to most acronyms)

Just like every baby is different, every pregnancy is different, so is every woman different. I've had 8, all natural, and two at home. I've only had 4 issues, and 3 of those were due to doctor err. I'm still able to have more children if I wish...but, uhm, yeah...I'm not Michelle ;)

I figured that would be coming soon! I love hearing "baby" news...it's so exciting and miraculous and mysterious and just so.....hmmm....I don't know! Amazing! Good for them!....

I have followed the show for quite a while now. I admire Michelle so much. Aside from the logistics of a large family seeming so effortless (!!), she is such a loving, kind, caring person. I feel like she (and their family), regardless of our differences in theology, represent Christianity as the Lord would hope from all of us. She is a great role model.

Yeah Josh and Anna!

I worry about mommies dying...it is one of my biggest fears. So yes, it has crossed my mind about Michelle Duggar. Esp. now that the article referenced said she had a section for her latest.

As for the daughter-in-law, it is wonderful for her but the article made it sound as if she was super-concerned about getting pregnant. Multiple pregnancy tests in the first few months of marriage? If that is true, it makes me wonder how much of the Duggar fame of a huge family would have hurt her if she had fertility problems...

As others have said it sounds like she was just very excited to become pg and couldn't wait for it to happen. I got that way each time I wanted to become pg.

Anyone else hear of the toothbrush they are (were?) working on? I can't remember where I read about it. It's a toothbrush and the bristles turn blue if you're pg. You can use it for up to a week. That would have been great for me while TTC'ing. I would have had the cleanest teeth!