Menu

Your favorite YouTube subscriptions……

Indigo Blue

if you care to share. I don’t think this has been asked here before, and I thought it might be fun. Warning, some of mine are a bit odd, but once I get invested, I’m in, lol. 

Here are some of mine:

I follow the famous grocery store lobster, Leon. 

Dr. Ramini

Dr. Les Carter

Patrick Teahan

Post Modern Jukebox

NPR Tiny desk concert

Sometimes ….Dovydas

The Outdoor Gear Review

SB Wilderness

Scammer Payback

Tech Support Scams (Jim Browning)

Kitboga

Billie Speaks (cat who knows tons of buttons)

The Dodo

NutritionFacts.org

BBC Earth

Edited by Indigo Blue
  • Like 4

• Indigo Blue changed the title to Your favorite YouTube subscriptions……
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been remiss lately by not checking in with Aziza and her husband in Azerbaijan who prepare traditional Azeri dishes the old way, generally cooking outdoors over open flame at their rural home in beautiful countryside. Nice teas and tisanes as well.

It is so peaceful. They have cute animals to wander in and out, and they don't really speak much and don't use music, so just the sound of nature and food being prepared. Beautifully shot by their son (who was a celebrated chef in Baku [the capital city] when Covid closed his restaurant) who went make home and stated filming his mom (and dad). Very nicely done.

Good food too!

I watched every episode during the "lockdown."

My favorite YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/@country_life_vlog

Bill

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Thanks @Spy CarI’m glad you posted because I meant to subscribe last time you posted about them, but I forgot the name. Thanks. 

I just watched this one (which is a rarity, having been shot indoors in their very cute kitchen) where Aziza makes pasta (which I love to do too).

Then her husband starts working with stone @ about 2 minutes, and I laughed out loud.

My role models  :tongue:

Bill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Spy Car said:

I just watched this one (which is a rarity, having been shot indoors in their very cute kitchen) where Aziza makes pasta (which I love to do too).

Then her husband starts working with stone @ about 2 minutes, and I laughed out loud.

Bill

Lol. I will definitely watch that one. Goodness! Look at all that pasta. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Lol. I will definitely watch that one. Goodness! Look at all that pasta. 

In this one Aziza makes "Turkish Long Pizza," which I mention, as today I was watching reports on foreign teams who are aiding the rescue and recovery efforts in Turkey, and how they have been well-fed by the grateful locals with the Turkish version of Lahmacun (which are related to Arabic Lahmajoun, but much (much) bigger).

They looked just like Aziza's

Bill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Narcissism

- Dr. Ramani

- Dr. Les Carter

- Joanna Kujath 

exercise:

- yoga with Adriene

- yoga with Kassandra

- ballet based movement (I see a lot of Kathryn Morgan, for those who are more fit.)

outdoors;

- outsider (log cabin build) - slow going, but high quality work and has a portable sawmill.  building on his grandfather's land in Ontario. usually posts once a month on a saturday.

- joseph carter, mink man.  (when he was 17, someone told him you can't tame mink . . . He uses them for hunting rats on farms - along with dogs, that have been taught to leave the mink alone. for mink, they have a cushy life and they crawl all over him when they're running free during playtime.)

- post 10.  

Brit:

- Lost in the Pond.  He's a Brit, married to an American, and living in Indiana/Illinois for the last ten years.  He goes over all the differences/similarities between the UK and the US.  He's funny too.  Just bought their first house, and just became a US citizen.

- the beesleys.  cute young couple who do reaction videos.

Cooking: 

Amaury Guichon: just found him with my grandson.  Does amazing chocolate sculptures (incld. an 8' tall giraffe).  He has to have a background with sculpting and structural engineering as well as being a chocolatier.    My grandson kept asking if he could eat them.

--- we've also watched a bunch of videos of trains plowing through snow.  They're actually calmer than the toy train videos aimed at kids.

Music:

- the Piano guys

- A Capella Science (he has a MS in theoretical physics, and is musically gifted.)  (could also fall under science)

- Piano lessons on the web

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

@KassiaI just looked at the cycling one you posted. She’s awesome! But her little pug! I just can’t stand it!💕

STELLA the pug!  So funny!  Her husband edits in thought bubbles coming from the pug sometimes. 

Kaleigh is a fantastic instructor and has SO much content.  I've been using her workouts for almost two years now.  I was a runner forever and got injured and had to stop running.  I miss running terribly but her workouts have made giving it up a lot easier.  

ETA - she has a strength channel as well.  Sometimes she has other pets in that one and those are hilarious because they get in the way, climb on her, etc.  ❤️  

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Books…

Peruse Project

Chelsea Palmer

Bookables

Merphy Napier

Daniel Greene

Arrrgh Schooling (homeschool/books)

Jack Edwards (two channels)

Formula 1…

Tommo

P1 with Matt and Tommy

Law stuff…

Emily D. Baker

Natalie Lawyer Chick

Runkle of the Bailey

Law & Lumber

Random…

Girl with the Dogs 🐶 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Spy Car said:

You know, I can’t figure out exactly what he’s doing with the stone. He’s stacking them up high to make a wall, but he’s putting loose dirt between them? What will keep the wall sturdy and the rocks from falling? Maybe it didn’t show him finish it up? It’s pretty. I just can’t figure out how it will be stable. 

@Indigo Blue, I love the Dodo! Also NutritionFacts.org.

Other favorites (mainly about healthy living)-

Chef AJ

Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine

Goodbye Lupus - Brooke Goldner, MD

Dr. Fuhrman

Gianna Simone

Rich Roll

Diane in Denmark (household organization and a fun glimpse into life in Denmark)

Skydog Sanctuary (equine rescue)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't use YouTube very much, mostly just to watch music videos or just for random stuff. But I do have these saved and sometimes remember to watch their new content.

How to ADHD

The Aspie World

Corey Schultz (reaction videos to tv shows because I'm still a teenager, lol)

Yoga With Joy

Wendover Productions (always interesting science-y channel)

• Thanks 1

k'eyush the stunt dog - not subscribed, but will occasionally watch.  k'ey has a friend (sherpa?) who also has a channel, and they're hysterical when they're together.  they're both vocal huskies, with captions for those of us who don't speak husky . . .

• Thanks 1

Haven't watched recently due to time,, but:

Nick Zentner.  He's a geologist specializing in PNW geology. western Canada down to Northern California, and as far east as Montana.  (he's the geology professor everyone wishes they had for geology.)

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 1

I've just started using Youtube for exercise videos. I also have one cooking channel, ChefSpiceMama (Kanchan Koya), but she doesn't have very many, and hasn't for a while. I dislike cooking videos unless I need to see a technique - I just want to read the recipe and get on with it. Well, I might occasionally watch Ina Garten because she's so cozy. 

I just realized though that I could find some interesting stuff to have on while I cross-stitch. I need a lot of light and it just so happens that my desk, with my desktop, is the best spot for stitching. So I'll be browsing some of all your lists! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

At night in bed. Or if I’m just having a bad pain day. There is nothing good on TV anymore. Music, Prime movies, YouTube. Much better. 

Totally agree. We do watch Keep Your Daydream occasionally. We typically watch one show at night when it is dinner time on our sons' YouTube TV subscription. They are normally 20-45 minutes: Home Town, All Creatures, Keep Your Daydream.  But I cannot watch videos on my phone or even on my laptop.  I don't know, gives me a headache or something. But I know I am just weird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

You guys subscribe to far better things than I do.  I subscribe to funny stuff like Holderness Family, Randy Rainbow, It’s a Southern Thing, Jolly, and a few other funny people.  Oh, and My Merry Messy Life, about a US family that moved to Germany. 

You clearly missed my main sub, to K-pop TV, so I can watch my K-pop bias host a drinking chat show.

( I was too shamed to also admit to  my sugarmy sub!)

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Spy Car said:

In this one Aziza makes "Turkish Long Pizza," which I mention, as today I was watching reports on foreign teams who are aiding the rescue and recovery efforts in Turkey, and how they have been well-fed by the grateful locals with the Turkish version of Lahmacun (which are related to Arabic Lahmajoun, but much (much) bigger).

They looked just like Aziza's

Bill

I just watched this one, the first one I've seen from Aziza.  This reminded me very strongly of the house where we lived in a small town in Kyrgyzstan.  I had a lot of the same dishes there.  Her place is much fancier than where we lived and they have a better outdoor oven, but this brought back so many memories.  

The only thing I watch on youtube is  المماليك, but he's mostly switched to posting on his Facebook page and hasn't posted on Youtube in a while.  It's all in Arabic, but this is the Cairo I know.  https://www.youtube.com/@Elmamalikyoussofosama

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Spy Car said:

Bill

And this one!  The green ones reminds me of making noodles for shivit oshi.  

Edited by Amira
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Amira said:

I just watched this one, the first one I've seen from Aziza.  This reminded me very strongly of the house where we lived in a small town in Kyrgyzstan.  I had a lot of the same dishes there.  Her place is much fancier than where we lived and they have a better outdoor oven, but this brought back so many memories.  

The only thing I watch on youtube is  المماليك, but he's mostly switched to posting on his Facebook page and hasn't posted on Youtube in a while.  It's all in Arabic, but this is the Cairo I know.  https://www.youtube.com/@Elmamalikyoussofosama

Kyrgyzstan must have been fun.

I will check out the channel on Cairo. My Arabic is getting pretty rust (and more toward Levantine) but I love hearing Arabic spoken.

And Cairo is fascinating. Will circle back.

I think you will love Aziza. Right up you alley.

Bill

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Amira said:

And this one!  The green one reminds me of making noodles for shivit oshi.  

On Sunday (inshallah) I'm hoping to make a Shakh Pilaf.

A (much) smaller one than Aziza's, but I have the ideal pot.

Bill

Edited by Spy Car
  • Like 1

Just now, Spy Car said:

On Sunday (inshallah) I'm hoping to make a Shakh Pilaf.

A (much) smaller one than Aziza's, but I have the ideal pot.

Bill

That is a gorgeous plov.  I've never tried one that big!  I just stick with my cast iron pan, but it works nicely.

For some reason, the tahdig/crust was not a thing in Kyrgyzstan.  I have no idea why the best part of plov was lost there, but everyone else who does plov/pilau/pulao does a great tahdig.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Terabith said:

You guys subscribe to far better things than I do.  I subscribe to funny stuff like Holderness Family, Randy Rainbow, It’s a Southern Thing, Jolly, and a few other funny people.  Oh, and My Merry Messy Life, about a US family that moved to Germany. 

Yeah, I kinda feel like a idiot right now reading through what other people subscribe to.    I didn't mention that I also watch lawn cutting videos.  🤣.  Sometimes it feels like WTM is way too advanced for me, lol. 

• Haha 5