Menu

Common allergens that don't show up on tests

regentrude

For years, I have been having environmental allergies in spring and fall, symptoms mostly outdoors. As I posted before, asking for advice, I developed severe allergy systems when I added two new kittens. For the past weeks, I have aggressively worked to eliminate cat allergens: allergen reducing food, dander reducing cat wipes, frequent cleaning, air purifier, cats confined to room with hard floor. The symptoms have gotten better; however it's now ragweed season, and they flare up again.

Today I had allergy testing done - and surprise: I am not allergic to cats nor ragweed. I am only allergic to maple (which flowers in the spring) and cockroaches (which I doubt I have in my house, and most definitely those could not be the explanation for my outdoor symptoms).

So whatever I am allergic to isn't among the 22 allergens that are included in the skin test.
What other common allergens there are that aren't in the standard test?

2 minutes ago, Katy said:

It could be anything. A variety of pollen, grass or mold that’s local but not on the allergy test. I’m surprised the doctor didn’t explain that. 

Yes, I obviously understand that. Which is why I am asking what other *common* allergens are. Of course it could be something *uncommon*, and I would never figure it out - but I would like to know what the most likely candidates are.

6 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Ragweed season in your area corresponds to a lot of leaf molds. My kid had various mold allergies, seasonally, but could not treat those with injections (because they didn’t exist).

What else did you add when you added the kittens? Flea treatments? Litter? Certain food proteins in their food? 

What shampoo do you use on the kittens?

5 minutes ago, City Mouse said:

Food allergies do not always show up on the scratch tests.

When my DS had allergy testing he had way more that 22. I think he was tested for over 40 allergens. What were the 22 “common” allergens that were tested?

It's not food allergies - it is definitely environmental, and that what I had tested for. Several grasses (Johnson, bermuda, June), trees (oak, maple, birch, cedar), weeds (ragweed, lambsquarter, plantain); four molds, two dust mites, cat, dog, horse, cattle, misc feathers, cockroach.

Edited by regentrude

I had the same experience. I was allergic to nothing that they tested me for.  I think it was more than 22 but not sure.  So back to the ENT who recommended nose spray twice a day and a Zyrtec once a day.  Nose spray even when I don’t have symptoms.  So far that has kept it under control for a year.  I was getting so sick with repeat sinus infections and I was just miserable.

I know you say no to food, but my BIL has terrible hayfever and found out that he is allergic to rice. Apparently, when rice cooks the smell gets into the air and that is what is making him so sick. Eating the rice also, but it is the allergen lingering in the air that means he is sick all the time even on days he is not eating rice. 

He too assumed it was his cats, weeds, and/or mold and he is not allergic to any of them. He runs an air purifier and has for year, but apparently it doesn't get the rice allergens out of the air in his house.

Edited by lewelma

3 minutes ago, lewelma said:

I know you say no to food, but my BIL has terrible hayfever and found out that he is allergic to rice. Apparently, when rice cooks the smell gets into the air and that is what is making him so sick. Eating the rice also, but it is the allergen lingering in the air that means he is sick all the time even on days he is not eating rice. 

He too assumed it was his cats, weeds, and/or mold and he is not allergic to any of them. He runs an air purifier and has for year, but apparently it doesn't get the rice allergens out of the air in his house.

But how would that a) be seasonal and b) cause me to have strong symptoms outdoors?

1 minute ago, regentrude said:

But how would that a) be seasonal and b) cause me to have strong symptoms outdoors?

Beats me. Maybe you eat rice more in a certain season?

My BIL is sick all the time, so not really seasonal. And he eats rice as a staple. As for outdoors, if he is sick all the time, he continues to be sick outside. 

But like you, he was surprised that he was not allergic to cats, weeds, and mold.

Edited by lewelma

My husband is allergic to dust mites, but was seasonal his whole childhood, because they let their cottage freeze over the winter which killed the dust mite population. So he had allergies in the winter at home, and no allergies in the summer at the cottage. That allergy situation was hard to figure out.

• Like 2

My mom is allergic to down. If she sleeps on a down pillow she gets sick, but she can also get sick outside if around a lot of birds. 

She is also allergic to horses. So not just the riding, but then when she brings the clothes back into the house she has it there. You need to wash on HOT, or you don't get out all the dander and keep getting exposed to it. 

Both of those could be both seasonal, and inside and outside

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

More thoughts—if the Ragweed test was negative, that should knock out Goldenrod as well, but what about Mugwort? Cockleburr? Russian Thistle? Pigweed?

No idea; I am not familiar with these plants. I know pollen can travel long distances.

Just curious: What does Ragweed have to do with Goldenrod? They are not in the same family, just happen to bloom at the same time. Plus, Goldenrod is insect pollinated, not wind pollinated, so there wouldn't be a lot of airborne pollen.

2 hours ago, regentrude said:

For years, I have been having environmental allergies in spring and fall, symptoms mostly outdoors. As I posted before, asking for advice, I developed severe allergy systems when I added two new kittens. For the past weeks, I have aggressively worked to eliminate cat allergens: allergen reducing food, dander reducing cat wipes, frequent cleaning, air purifier, cats confined to room with hard floor. The symptoms have gotten better; however it's now ragweed season, and they flare up again.

Today I had allergy testing done - and surprise: I am not allergic to cats nor ragweed. I am only allergic to maple (which flowers in the spring) and cockroaches (which I doubt I have in my house, and most definitely those could not be the explanation for my outdoor symptoms).

So whatever I am allergic to isn't among the 22 allergens that are included in the skin test.

The skin test only measures a histamine reaction. Dh has MCS . They are so delibatating that he  cannot work and is on a disability pension. Not one comes up on a skin prick test. Instead he was tested in a very controlled enviroment with blind drops under tounge over a 2 year period. 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, regentrude said:

Just curious: What does Ragweed have to do with Goldenrod? They are not in the same family, just happen to bloom at the same time. Plus, Goldenrod is insect pollinated, not wind pollinated, so there wouldn't be a lot of airborne pollen.

They are both in the Asteracae family. Goldenrod was very prevalent along roadways and walking and bike pathways in my area…Ragweed can blow forever, but Goldenrod was still something to deal with. Not many are allergic to it, though. 

2 hours ago, Dmmetler said:

According to my allergist/immunologist, non-specific reactions are common. That is, it isn't a specific pollen, just if there is too much pollen as a whole, it will cause reactions for some people. Same with molds, insect debris, etc, and it's all additive. 

I have heard this as well. 

I have problems with pollens that don't travel well in the wind, but it's much better after getting shots for the stuff that does travel. Still, I don't really like hanging out in a display of potted Easter lilies at church! It's not very comfortable. 

Herbal products can be a big culprit--everything from herbal tea to supplements to body products to essential oils. They can push people way over the threshold because of dose, especially if it's something that is a favorite or part of a routine. I once had a massage with someone that was complaining ragweed was bothering her when it definitely wasn't ragweed season. Apparently she'd been using a ton of chamomile products--lotions, teas, etc.

Some food items are related to major allergens, and people have more symptoms during certain seasons if they are also actively eating those foods, even if they aren't experiencing oral allergy syndrome.

Raw honey or bee pollen can  increase allergy symptoms--raw honey is like having an uncontrolled dose of an allergy shot, and you never know what's in it.

2 hours ago, regentrude said:

It's not food allergies - it is definitely environmental, and that what I had tested for. Several grasses (Johnson, bermuda, June), trees (oak, maple, birch, cedar), weeds (ragweed, lambsquarter, plantain); four molds, two dust mites, cat, dog, horse, cattle, misc feathers, cockroach.

Did they test for dust allergies as well, not only dust mites? You can be allergic to dust.

Also, I think sometimes people are allergic to a pet's saliva, TBH. 

My allergist would say that this might be non-allergic rhinitis. I think that sometimes just having more "crud" in the air triggers it, and while the pollen is not causing a specific allergic reaction, it's part of more crud in the air that triggers the rhinitis.

Any chance you got the kittens bedding that is stuffed with something you are allergic too?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kbutton said:

Herbal products can be a big culprit--everything from herbal tea to supplements to body products to essential oils. They can push people way over the threshold because of dose, especially if it's something that is a favorite or part of a routine. I once had a massage with someone that was complaining ragweed was bothering her when it definitely wasn't ragweed season. Apparently she'd been using a ton of chamomile products--lotions, teas, etc.

Some food items are related to major allergens, and people have more symptoms during certain seasons if they are also actively eating those foods, even if they aren't experiencing oral allergy syndrome.

Raw honey or bee pollen can  increase allergy symptoms--raw honey is like having an uncontrolled dose of an allergy shot, and you never know what's in it.

Did they test for dust allergies as well, not only dust mites? You can be allergic to dust.

Any chance you got the kittens bedding that is stuffed with something you are allergic too?

Kittens sleep on blankets we already had. I use no supplements,  no essential oils, no new body products ( barely any toiletries at all). No herbal teas until winter.

Cat allergies are usually to feld1 protein which is in dander and saliva; I assume that's what they tested when they tested for cat allergy. 

Dust is a likely explanation for the rise in symptoms with new kittens who crawl into every corner and under everything; that was actually my hope (rather than it being the cats themselves)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, regentrude said:

Dust is a likely explanation for the rise in symptoms with new kittens who crawl into every corner and under everything; that was actually my hope (rather than it being the cats themselves)

After shots, I no longer test as allergic, but I am still very, very reactive. On my original testing, the welt was insanely huge. My allergist kind of flipped out and then realized that maybe she shouldn't worry me, lol. 

It wouldn't take much stirring things up for the dust to be really problematic. 

• Like 1

So they only consider you allergic if your welt from the skin prick is 3 or bigger (I want to say millimeters but I’m not sure), so if you did react to stuff with 1s or 2s then you are a little allergic but they might not say that.

We have allergy thresholds. It can take a small amount of something you are very allergic or a larger amount of things you are slightly allergic to to push you over the threshold and cause a reaction. 

I also wanted to mention that where I live, cockroaches are definitely outside. Also if you are allergic to maple, then that will include maple syrup, in case that’s part of your diet.

HTH!

2 hours ago, perky said:

So they only consider you allergic if your welt from the skin prick is 3 or bigger (I want to say millimeters but I’m not sure), so if you did react to stuff with 1s or 2s then you are a little allergic but they might not say that.

We have allergy thresholds. It can take a small amount of something you are very allergic or a larger amount of things you are slightly allergic to to push you over the threshold and cause a reaction. 

This. 

Also, how recently had you taken any antihistamines or other drugs that might influence results? Some doctors only require a few days, but others say you need longer than that off of the drugs to get a true result from the skin tests. 

• Like 1

There are more things that they could test for - I know that I maxed out their scale for more than 30 environmental allergens.  But, even for the categories that they tested, there are lots more than 4 grasses or 4 molds.  There are also weird things that nobody will test for.  I've learned that I'm allergic to poinsettias, which is why I play the church Christmas concert while popping children's benedryl.  It could be any pollen, though, so unless you're able to track where you are when it's at its worst and eliminate specific plants, it could be hard to figure out.  I mean, they test for grass, but what if it's clover, or one of the weeds like dandelion?  

But, you can also get cross-reactivity with foods.  I'm not allergic to cucumber, but there is similarity between ragweed and something in cucumber, so I, like many others, get an itchy mouth eating cucumbers (and their relative, cantaloupe) during ragweed season but not at other times.  And some foods can have a histamine-releasing effect (look up common ones using 'histamine foods' as keywords).  I talked with my allergist about it, and the general idea is that for people who have a bit of a histamine response to something in the environment, eating a bunch of food that produces a histamine spike can lead to feeling like you just rolled around in your worst allergen.  Either separately is fine, but together it's too much.  You could be seeing a combo effect, with either foods or multiple mild allergens coming together to be a problem.  I've learned that fall is far worse than spring, likely the mold/ragweed combo, with grass still being cut so there's plenty of that in the air, too.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

This. 

Also, how recently had you taken any antihistamines or other drugs that might influence results? Some doctors only require a few days, but others say you need longer than that off of the drugs to get a true result from the skin tests. 

My allergist makes you go 2 weeks without any antihistamines before they do testing.  It definitely produces impressive results!  I had benedryl before I left the office.  🙂  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clemsondana said:

My allergist makes you go 2 weeks without any antihistamines before they do testing.  It definitely produces impressive results!  I had benedryl before I left the office.  🙂  

and mine only required I think 5 days? If that..might have been 3. And I have a feeling things would have shown up more if I'd done longer. 

10 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

and mine only required I think 5 days? If that..might have been 3. And I have a feeling things would have shown up more if I'd done longer. 

It did have it's down side - when they had you do the test where you have to exhale to check for asthma, I could barely do it because I kept coughing.  

28 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

This. 

I haven't taken antihistamines for a month. Can't tolerate them. The histamine control prick swelled up immediately. 

I was wondering if it was possible that you are allergic to some thing that is cross reactive with cockroach allergy. Looking it up, there are a number of things in that category. Shrimp and dust mites being the two that I’m seeing mentioned most, but also a number of other bugs and I did see mention of dogs, cats, and horses. Here’s one link: http://www.allergyresources.co.uk/Cockroach.php

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of my children had all the symptoms of seasonal allergies, but tested negative to everything.  It surprised me because younger brother is allergic to a lot of environmental allergens.  The allergist said that it was non-allergic rhinitis.  He said that it isn't a true allergy, but that the body reacts the same way because it gets overwhelmed to an over abundance of something like dust, pollen, or dander.  It is possible that there is something you are allergic to that they didn't test for, the tests are not all inclusive, but you may never know for sure what it is unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Non-specific” seems pretty common to me. My body tends to go into chaos if I go in and out of A/C multiple times on a summer day. Sometimes I’m allergic to mornings, with horrible symptoms for 2 hours and then I’m fine.   
My nephew is allergic to things my sister pinpointed but tests did not (like sesame, including on people who had hummus elsewhere and then were in a room with him without close contact) plus some still unidentified things.

10 hours ago, Clemsondana said:

Yes. And my reaction was so bad by the time my appointment was up (his office was next to an empty field filled with ragweed and Goldenrod - two plants that grow symbiotically so many people assume they are allergic to goldenrod and not ragweed), that he was afraid for me to drive home since I had an hour drive. Ended up with an injection of epinephrine and having to lay down in the office for an hour before hr would let me go home. Until that time, I had not known that environmental allergies could get that life threatening. I had thought it was only food allergies like seafood and nuts.

Also, after twenty years on allegra, my body went bananas and developed anaphylactic shock level allergy to my own stupid allergy medication. Ended up in the ER for that and more epinephrine. Nothing over the counter works now very well so I am stuck with benadryl. But because my insurance claims my allergies are seasonal, I am not eligible for allergy shots, no amount of misery withstanding. Sigh. I thought about paying out of pocket, however if I do have a problem and get sent of the ER from the doctor's office, they don't have to pay that bill either. I don't want us in financial peril from trying to treat seasonal allergies. So I suffer through most days, like this morning when I would like to claw my itching nose right off my face, and my head is pounding. I use Benadryl when I can afford to be a lump of lethargy on the couch. But today I have to take my mother to a doctor's appointment, therefore, I just have to be miserable so I can at least be alert. My GP doesn't give a crap. And no, in my area, there aren't a lot of options for GP's. Over the years I have tried a lot of them with no better result than any others. I have also timed the office calls. Even for a full, annual physical, none lasted more than five minutes, and the average is 2.5. Not really worth my time and deductible money to pay for that.

At any rate, one of my biggest issues is pollen overwhelm. So I don't test positive on a skin test for a lot of specific pollen other than ragweed. But, if numerous grass and tree pollens are blowing around all at once, whammo! There does not seem to be any kind of efficient test for this. I am guessing, for you Regentrude, this may be the issue.

I also have a mold allergy, but that one doesn't bother me too much since it isn't common here unless we have torrential downpours and everything is wet for days or if I enter a building with a lot of mold. Since our home as well as my mother and mother in law's are just fine and most commercial buildings are not moldy, it is usually not an issue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Loowit said:

One of my children had all the symptoms of seasonal allergies, but tested negative to everything.  It surprised me because younger brother is allergic to a lot of environmental allergens.  The allergist said that it was non-allergic rhinitis.  He said that it isn't a true allergy, but that the body reacts the same way because it gets overwhelmed to an over abundance of something like dust, pollen, or dander.  It is possible that there is something you are allergic to that they didn't test for, the tests are not all inclusive, but you may never know for sure what it is unfortunately.

Just in case this helps you or Regentrude or others:

This was the case with my son, but the diagnosis was actually a colonized sinus infection. This can be dangerous--when an infection colonizes long-term in that area, it can affect the brain and actually become life-threatening. So one doctor gave my son's condition a shrug ("Some kids are like this, perhaps it's an allergy we don't have a test for") and wanted to keep my son on meds, but a different doctor dug deeper, bless him. 

The fix for my son was antibiotics for six weeks through a different kind of delivery system. Instead of taking a pill, we used a NeilMed sinus irrigation system. The mixture in the bottle was a glob of prescription antibiotic (Muriprocin, often used for MRSA) + the NeilMed powdered solution + lukewarm distilled water. Ds used the NeilMed bottle to shoot the med solution through his sinuses (there are Youtube videos that show you how to do this painlessly). After the antibiotic solution, he used a Qvar inhaler with a baby bottle nipple (end of the nipple cut off to be a large opening the right size to insert in the nostril) to deliver the Qvar directly into the nose (NOT the mouth). 

So if your kid is still struggling with these symptoms, this may be a diagnosis to explore. It made a big difference for my son.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

Just in case this helps you or Regentrude or others:

This was the case with my son, but the diagnosis was actually a colonized sinus infection. This can be dangerous--when an infection colonizes long-term in that area, it can affect the brain and actually become life-threatening. So one doctor gave my son's condition a shrug ("Some kids are like this, perhaps it's an allergy we don't have a test for") and wanted to keep my son on meds, but a different doctor dug deeper, bless him. 

The fix for my son was antibiotics for six weeks through a different kind of delivery system. Instead of taking a pill, we used a NeilMed sinus irrigation system. The mixture in the bottle was a glob of prescription antibiotic (Muriprocin, often used for MRSA) + the NeilMed powdered solution + lukewarm distilled water. Ds used the NeilMed bottle to shoot the med solution through his sinuses (there are Youtube videos that show you how to do this painlessly). After the antibiotic solution, he used a Qvar inhaler with a baby bottle nipple (end of the nipple cut off to be a large opening the right size to insert in the nostril) to deliver the Qvar directly into the nose (NOT the mouth). 

So if your kid is still struggling with these symptoms, this may be a diagnosis to explore. It made a big difference for my son.

Like a biofilm?

I have a family member that had allergic rhinitis for years followed by non-stop sinus infections. He had to do something like this as well, but he used a waterpic to deliver the specially compounded meds.

I hope this is not the issue, but it's a really important one to bring up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kbutton said:

Like a biofilm?

I have a family member that had allergic rhinitis for years followed by non-stop sinus infections. He had to do something like this as well, but he used a waterpic to deliver the specially compounded meds.

I hope this is not the issue, but it's a really important one to bring up.

I'm not familiar with the term biofilm, though when I looked it up on the internet it seems to fit? The way the doctor explained it at the time was that an infection is colonized if it sticks around and won't go away for a long period of time. (In my son's case, years.) That doctor felt (and my son's current ENT concurs) that the usual antibiotic approach (pills) doesn't work as well for sinus infections, so they are more prone to becoming a colonized infection. So the reason for the med mix that was used is:

--Muriprocin antibiotic cream dissolved in the Neilmed/water solution puts the antibiotic directly, physically ON the site of the colonized, entrenched infection.

--Neilmed solution for a basic sanitizing bath.

--Qvar inhaler spray delivers much tinier droplets than a standard squirt-style nasal spray, reduces inflammation and opens passages.

Along the same lines, a friend was diagnosed with a colonized infection in his fifties, and he actually had to have surgery to clear it all out. He described it as "rotorootering his sinuses."

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kbutton said:

I have heard this as well. 

I have problems with pollens that don't travel well in the wind, but it's much better after getting shots for the stuff that does travel. Still, I don't really like hanging out in a display of potted Easter lilies at church! It's not very comfortable. 

My allergist would say that this might be non-allergic rhinitis. I think that sometimes just having more "crud" in the air triggers it, and while the pollen is not causing a specific allergic reaction, it's part of more crud in the air that triggers the rhinitis.

A couple of thoughts from an allergy-ridden boardie.  

The sheer volume of "minor" or "non" allergens can add up.

I don't know what they test for with cats, but with dogs and cats, you can be allergic to their saliva, their fur/hair, and their dander (dead skin cells).  A dog licks me, I get a dog-tongue shaped welt.  

Seasonal: are there more cars on the road than in the other seasons? Is there an air inversion that is trapping the environmental (man-made and natural)? 

And just a factoid: people with auto-immune of any kind tend to have a flare-up at the changes of the seasons, particularly summer to fall and winter to  spring.  

Me? I'm dying here.  Can't wait for this seasonal change to end so my eyes aren't swollen and my skin a massive rash.  Miserable.  

• Sad 3

On 9/19/2022 at 3:31 PM, Dmmetler said:

According to my allergist/immunologist, non-specific reactions are common. That is, it isn't a specific pollen, just if there is too much pollen as a whole, it will cause reactions for some people. Same with molds, insect debris, etc, and it's all additive. 

Years ago, when DD#4 broke out in hives several separate times, we had tests done and hers came back negative to everything. The allergist said something similar - that when the immune system is ramped up by something or under stress, an allergic reaction is not necessarily to one thing but that something pushed it over the edge into a reaction. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

“Non-specific” seems pretty common to me. My body tends to go into chaos if I go in and out of A/C multiple times on a summer day. Sometimes I’m allergic to mornings, with horrible symptoms for 2 hours and then I’m fine.   

I use to always joke about being allergic to mornings as a teen but what you described fit me perfectly.  The only thing I would add is on the rare days I got to sleep until 10 or so, I would have no sneezing fits and the earlier I got up the worse they were (so 5 AM was so much worse than even 7 AM). Thankfully I seem to have outgrown that one.

I also have similar experiences with the A/C.  It's so much better than when I was younger but it can still catch me on some days.  We didn't have ac in our vehicles growing up and I remember riding to school once with someone who did (drive was about 45 minutes).  I literally sneezed the whole way there.  They even contemplated stopping and taking me back home because they thought something was seriously wrong with me (the dad was even a paramedic).  Once I got out of the a/c, I stopped sneezing within minutes.  (And no it wasn't the car because I had ridden in the car many times before and after without issue when the weather was cooler and they didn't have the a/c going). 

You are the first person I've ever "met" who also had such weird allergy issues.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:33 AM, regentrude said:

Citrus . Dd2 is highly allergic to all.  I  allergic to limes.  And the pollen tests are garbage- when I was a tean, I was properly allergic to some tree pollens.  Added juniper- and can't tell you which varieties, but apparently not the kind they test for in Alabama. ( It was in NM, where both ds and I developed that allergy, though it expanded to whatever was planted from a Botanical store).  I saw the tree list - it was about 40 trees.- we have over 200 varieties. 

Keep in mind, skin tests aren't always accurate. They sometimes indicate an allergy when there isn't one (false-positive), or skin testing may not trigger a reaction when you're exposed to something that you are allergic to (false-negative). You may react differently to the same test performed on different occasions. Or you may react positively to a substance during a test but not react to it in everyday life.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/allergy-tests/about/pac-20392895

15 hours ago, cjzimmer1 said:

I use to always joke about being allergic to mornings as a teen but what you described fit me perfectly.  The only thing I would add is on the rare days I got to sleep until 10 or so, I would have no sneezing fits and the earlier I got up the worse they were (so 5 AM was so much worse than even 7 AM). Thankfully I seem to have outgrown that one.

I also have similar experiences with the A/C.  It's so much better than when I was younger but it can still catch me on some days.  We didn't have ac in our vehicles growing up and I remember riding to school once with someone who did (drive was about 45 minutes).  I literally sneezed the whole way there.  They even contemplated stopping and taking me back home because they thought something was seriously wrong with me (the dad was even a paramedic).  Once I got out of the a/c, I stopped sneezing within minutes.  (And no it wasn't the car because I had ridden in the car many times before and after without issue when the weather was cooler and they didn't have the a/c going). 

You are the first person I've ever "met" who also had such weird allergy issues.

I told my allergist that I was allergic to politics. Like certain topics would cause symptoms. His response is "your body is responding to stress, and since you have a lot of immune system involvement normally, any stress causes the same symptoms to start". Sigh...

• Thanks 1