Menu

So, I did a thing today-UPDATE

DawnM

Just now, Grace Hopper said:

Oh! Congrats, but for some reason this feels like deja vu - I thought you did this not too long ago? Perhaps I’m confusing you with another poster. 

I did, about a year ago.   I will post more details once I leave my current job.....

• Like 7

Official offer TODAY!   WHOO HOO!

What I want to say, now that I know I have the job, is that the interviewers (there were 6) were all so supportive and I have heard that about this department, they are great.   They don't demean, belittle, berate, or otherwise act like power hungry micromanagers who want to "stick it to you."

I had a VERY bad run in with my current admin this year where I know I was in the right and she told me off in front of a parent.   I responded with anger and she turned me in to HR!   I also got the FIRST bad review I have gotten in 23 years working in public education, which was very much a "let me show you who is boss" response.   I assure you I am not worse than I was previous years with stellar reviews and respect.

When I was in Los Angeles, I was there for so long that people knew me, I had a good reputation, was offered jobs when people left (like when an AP moved to a new school and became principal, they would ask me to come too).....and I feel like NC is just so different and my friend pointed out last night that she sees that I am starting to feel some of what I left behind in my excitement and the fact that I didn't seek this job out, I was called and asked to apply.

Anyway, I can't wait to move on.....even though I LOVE the teachers I work with and the staff.   But when the top is a bad seed, it just isn't a good place.   I had hoped admin would leave, but no such luck.

That is the short version.  THANK YOU for your support!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

• DawnM changed the title to So, I did a thing today-UPDATE
16 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Um congrats!?!  

What job is it?  Is it a better fit for you?

I will be a 504 Coordinator at 2 school sites.   

16 hours ago, Grace Hopper said:

Oh! Congrats, but for some reason this feels like deja vu - I thought you did this not too long ago? Perhaps I’m confusing you with another poster. 

Guess I did post earlier!  I couldn't find the thread.

15 hours ago, Katy said:

You did post about this a few weeks ago. I remember because I prayed you would get it if it would be a better fit for you. I’m so happy for you!

You are so sweet, thank you.

2 hours ago, fraidycat said:

You did mention the opportunity. Congrats on getting the interview and it sounds promising, so wishing you good luck!

Thank you so much.....you guys are so nice to even remember, I didn't even remember!   

• Like 4

@DawnM If I recall correctly, you posted in the form of a question regarding how to answer a potential interview question about what your current boss might say, depending on her mood.

With the amount of stress you have been under the past few years, your not remembering is completely understandable.

Congratulations!!! I hope the new job relieves at least some of that stress and your new admin turns out as fantastic as you hope they will be.

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 1

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I hope it is everything you were hoping for, plus more. Your present admin sounds pretty toxic, and that colors everything. I left a job at the end of 2020 due to the top person, even though my direct person and I had a good relationship. It makes a difference! And I'm glad I left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fraidycat said:

@DawnM If I recall correctly, you posted in the form of a question regarding how to answer a potential interview question about what your current boss might say, depending on her mood.

With the amount of stress you have been under the past few years, your not remembering is completely understandable.

Congratulations!!! I hope the new job relieves at least some of that stress and your new admin turns out as fantastic as you hope they will be.

OH YES!   Now I remember!

I don't know why I didn't remember, I have absolutely NOTHING going on!   hahahaha

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

So . . . How DID you answer that question? 😎 (or did you even have to)

Well, I wasn't asked, BUT, when they called my friend who I used to work with, they asked HER why I didn't put my principal as a recommendation and my friend said, "Sir, I just left that school and got a new job and *I* didn't put her down as a reference!"   She was professional about it but she explained that she is a very hard person to work with.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

Well, I wasn't asked, BUT, when they called my friend who I used to work with, they asked HER why I didn't put my principal as a recommendation and my friend said, "Sir, I just left that school and got a new job and *I* didn't put her down as a reference!"   She was professional about it but she explained that she is a very hard person to work with.

Wow that worked out well! I’m so glad for you! 

• Like 2