Menu

Homeschoolers Embarrassing the Rest of Us

goldberry

48 minutes ago, Spirea said:

I don't really think it's appropriate for people to contact this library when they are not in the same region. Let their local residents do it. Our library doesn't require the patrons to mask though the staff does and most patrons do. I wish everyone would and I think it's very wrong for people to disregard wearing a mask at places where it is requested.

BUT it would annoy me to know that people that don't live here are contacting my library trying to change their policies. I don't think it's any of their business.

I can’t disagree more. These are policies that help our entire nation to deal with a pandemic. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

That really isn't how it works in a nation with fifty states that all influence each other, and whose state laws have influence on neighboring states.

Eh, don't agree, and I'm not even referring to neighboring states. I could see maybe someone who lives on the WI border and uses the IL facility would be relevant to comment. But I don't really think someone in FL or CO or MA should insert themselves. Maybe not this item in particular, but generally, yeah. It feels related to trucking picketers from one state to another to influence an election. NOT the same, I know, but it's the same feeling to me. People in other regions, certainly farther away have different issues and perspectives and can't quite relate. Kind of how I didn't know it was the law there, and I have no idea on their case rates. If the case rates are super low in say, IA (again no idea, I'm not paying attention) should the people with through the roof cases in CA (no idea on rates again) be dictating IA's policies? I understand that it's already a policy at this library not a change. But if the library thinks hundreds of their residents are contacting them to keep the mask policy and stay strong but really most of their residents don't want it (I understand now it's state law, not just a county or city or even facility mandate), I think that's wrong. I just don't feel like I would ever want to meddle in it. You do you. 🙂

Edited by Spirea

8 minutes ago, Spirea said:

Eh, don't agree, and I'm not even referring to neighboring states. I could see maybe someone who lives on the WI border and uses the IL facility would be relevant to comment. But I don't really think someone in FL or CO or MA should insert themselves. Maybe not this item in particular, but generally, yeah. It feels related to trucking picketers from one state to another to influence an election. NOT the same, I know, but it's the same feeling to me. People in other regions, certainly farther away have different issues and perspectives and can't quite relate. Kind of how I didn't know it was the law there, and I have no idea on their case rates. If the case rates are super low in say, IA (again no idea, I'm not paying attention) should the people with through the roof cases in CA (no idea on rates again) be dictating IA's policies? I understand that it's already a policy at this library not a change. But if the library thinks hundreds of their residents are contacting them to keep the mask policy and stay strong but really most of their residents don't want it (I understand now it's state law, not just a county or city or even facility mandate), I think that's wrong. I just don't feel like I would ever want to meddle in it. You do you. 🙂

Then by your own policy you shouldn’t be commenting on our posts here because you don’t live where we do and shouldn’t have an opinion. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

5 minutes ago, Spirea said:

So do you feel the same about people who went to the South and tried to help attempts at desegregation? Or those that sent money to help the efforts? Or people that that supported the other side by money, their presence, letters, etc? 

I guess I’m still not understanding how expressing support for the library staff is meddling? Meddling to me would be if it were only a policy of this library and this protest happened and someone out of state emailed their support or opposition for the very specific library mask policy. I see that as very different from emailing support to library staff who were treated badly (and potentially had their health put at risk) because they were just doing their jobs and following the state law.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, happi duck said:

They deserve to know that people from wherever are cheering them on.

Right. That was my motivation--encouraging those who are being harassed and threatened for following the law and protecting community health. 

I identified myself as a homeschooler and signed my text "[Mercy] in [my state]."

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, MercyA said:

I would say that it is more of a conservative political thing than a Christian thing, and unfortunately the two of them are too often linked. 😞

Case in point: the Mennonite thrift store in my area (theologically conservative, but not politically so) has been taking the pandemic seriously. 

I think it’s the same in my state. But at least here, I’ve never heard of a Democratic or Republican homeschool group. Maybe they exist elsewhere? But certainly some of the Christian ones are more a mix of religion and politics, especially in recent years. That’s whyI was wondering if it was a “Christian” homeschool group that came up with the idea.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Then by your own policy you shouldn’t be commenting on our posts here because you don’t live where we do and shouldn’t have an opinion. 

Haha, I think we all already realize we live apart. It's not quite the same as contacting a locally funded facility and inserting your view without leaving your place of residence (which would likely default to being viewed as from a resident). But if you don't want a differing viewpoint I'm happy to vacate this thread.

Just now, Spirea said:

Haha, I think we all already realize we live apart. It's not quite the same as contacting a locally funded facility and inserting your view without leaving your place of residence (which would likely default to being viewed as from a resident). But if you don't want a differing viewpoint I'm happy to vacate this thread.

Expressing support for mistreated library staff is a view?

• Like 5

Just now, Spirea said:

I feel like you must be feeling pretty piled-on right now, and I can understand why, but I hope you won't leave the thread. 

We don't all have to agree on this!  🙂 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spirea said:

I hope people who do this will also state if they do not live there. I think it's wrong for people to act like residents to sway the policies of a place they do not live.

They’re not trying to sway the policy, they’re supporting the policy that is in place.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Idalou said:

Imagining what their meet-up ad was... Homeschooling mom who can't breathe with a cloth over her face looking for other like minded unbreathables; dead-eyes and chirpy voices a plus! Meet me at the library so we can wander around filming each other.

Around here they refer to them as "fresh air" activities.    With a whole lot of looking for "like minded" people.  

I had someone comment on pictures from classes I teach (at a business I own) because I require masks.  They seemed to think it was so sad that a facility could force these poor homeschoolers into wearing masks.  It was a totally foreign concept to them that some homeschoolers may be fine with or even strongly in favor of, masks.   They were clearly new homeschoolers since they started with "isn't the purpose of homeschooling to avoid mandates?".

I think the librarians probably appreciate people showing support.   

• Like 19

Just now, Wheres Toto said:

Around here they refer to them as "fresh air" activities.    With a whole lot of looking for "like minded" people.  

I had someone comment on pictures from classes I teach (at a business I own) because I require masks.  They seemed to think it was so sad that a facility could force these poor homeschoolers into wearing masks.  It was a totally foreign concept to them that some homeschoolers may be fine with or even strongly in favor of, masks.   They were clearly new homeschoolers since they started with "isn't the purpose of homeschooling to avoid mandates?".

Since we are in the same area, I wonder if that was the same person who was unhappy with me.  

6 minutes ago, TCB said:

They’re not trying to sway the policy, they’re supporting the policy that is in place.

45 minutes ago, Spirea said:

I always worry that scenarios like this will somehow affect our freedom to homeschool. I am in Illinois, grew up in the suburbs, and now I live outside the suburban area.  We are so blessed to have a lot of freedom to homeschool here.  I guess people like to pick on the "little guy."  😞  The St. Charles Public Library did not issue the indoor mask mandate.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Frances said:

I think it’s the same in my state. But at least here, I’ve never heard of a Democratic or Republican homeschool group. Maybe they exist elsewhere? But certainly some of the Christian ones are more a mix of religion and politics, especially in recent years. That’s whyI was wondering if it was a “Christian” homeschool group that came up with the idea.

I was in an online "conservative Christian mom group."  I consider myself to be pretty conservative, but these days, it means you have to be a careless conspiracy theorist, so I'm out, lol.  Moms were mad the Abeka videos had kids wearing masks filmed last school year.  To their surprise, the leader of the group posted an article saying the Christian thing to do is to get a Covid vaccine.  That made some mad, lol.  I switched dance schools because one was not going to enforce the Illinois mask mandate.  I found one that would.  🙂  Homeschooler who is in favor of masking over here!  Now my husband and I butt heads a lot on this Covid stuff. He doesn't think masks work, but guess what, he still wears the Korean KF94 masks I bought and isn't a jerk to people about the mandate.  

• Like 17

21 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

I liked your post about this, this morning.

We quit homeschooling activities because no one masks. We did one activity about 3 months ago and were the only ones masked which gave us our first cold (not covid) in 2 yrs. I am on the germaphobe spectrum anyway and hate getting sick so I rather love wearing masks. We quit church because no one masked. We are super limiting our activities because we cannot afford to quarantine.

The whole thing is annoying. The lady and her friends, like what homeschooling mom has time for that? It's especially bad form since it's against the law there.

But, ahem, I still wouldn't contact their local facility or government and insert myself. But again, you all do you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Spirea said:

I liked your post about this, this morning.

We quit homeschooling activities because no one masks. We did one activity about 3 months ago and were the only ones masked which gave us our first cold (not covid) in 2 yrs. I am on the germaphobe spectrum anyway and hate getting sick so I rather love wearing masks. We quit church because no one masked. We are super limiting our activities because we cannot afford to quarantine.

The whole thing is annoying. The lady and her friends, like what homeschooling mom has time for that? It's especially bad form since it's against the law there.

But, ahem, I still wouldn't contact their local facility or government and insert myself. But again, you all do you.

Yeah, this has made the pandemic hard.  I'm afraid to get involved in things because I am strict about masking.  I feel safe with my daughter in her dance class. There is no guarantee, but they are still taking the girls' temperatures outside the building before entrance. I realize omicron doesn't need a fever, but they still care deeply. I appreciate that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spirea said:

You said once you covered your head. That must be why.

Yep. I used to wear skirts and cover my head full time. I still wear skirts in warm weather, but now only cover for worship services, which unfortunately I haven't attended more than two or three times in the last two years. 😞 

If I had to pick a denomination that best represented my beliefs, it would be an Anabaptist one. 

You have a good memory! 🙂 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, KrisTom said:

I always worry that scenarios like this will somehow affect our freedom to homeschool. I am in Illinois, grew up in the suburbs, and now I live outside the suburban area.  We are so blessed to have a lot of freedom to homeschool here.  I guess people like to pick on the "little guy."  😞  The St. Charles Public Library did not issue the indoor mask mandate.  

I think it's possible that it will.

Sadly, local homeschoolers think this kind of thing will preserve our homeschool freedoms (except we don't have a mandate). But accepting vaccines and masking is literally something people say will lead directly to losing our right to homeschool. 

I have no homeschooling community at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, happi duck said:

The library is now closed to in person use.

https://www.scpld.org/

I'm going to try to find an email address to voice support.   They're getting threats 😞

Eta: the page I linked has an email button near the bottom

My local library has not resumed any in person group programming. Individuals can come into the library and masks are required. I don’t know how often they have issues with “fresh air” people, but I suspect that - the potential for conflict as in the OP - is the biggest reason they aren’t allowing groups. 

eta did you notice that the closure is “due to the heightened threat of health and safety” and the word covid isn’t in that sentence? 

Edited by Grace Hopper

2 hours ago, Catwoman said:

But we are just showing support for their existing policies, not trying to pressure them into making any changes. 

I’m sure they are getting a lot of hate from the people who support those idiot homeschoolers, so I think it’s fair that they get some positive messages, as well.  🙂 

Honestly, we don’t even have to weigh in on their policy. I just want to let them know that brain dead bunch doesn’t represent all homeschoolers! And that we love and appreciate libraries and librarians because they are undervalued resources.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

56 minutes ago, kbutton said:

Sadly, local homeschoolers think this kind of thing will preserve our homeschool freedoms (except we don't have a mandate). But accepting vaccines and masking is literally something people say will lead directly to losing our right to homeschool. 

Honestly,  all sides lately have me over being part of the homeschool community.  I am so happy we are nearing the end of our journey and not at the beginning based on people and their behaviors. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, Grace Hopper said:

Honestly, we don’t even have to weigh in on their policy. I just want to let them know that brain dead bunch doesn’t represent all homeschoolers! And that we love and appreciate libraries and librarians because they are undervalued resources.  

THIS.  That's what I felt when I started this thread in the first place, hence the title.  

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Honestly,  all sides lately have me over being part of the homeschool community.  I am so happy we are nearing the end of our journey and not at the beginning based on people and their behaviors. 

Word. 

This is the only homeschool community I bother with because all the others have gone so crazy. I used to be proud to say we homeschool. Now I follow up with "...but we aren't weirdos. We see the doctor and follow current science. I promise we're normal". 

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

10 hours ago, goldberry said:

Police came and then left after refusing to enforce the state mandate.

I've not followed news the way I used to - is this normal procedure/protocol?

I didn't watch the video because I am recovering from a week-long visit with a friend who would be the one (along w/her dh and dc) doing this same abhorrent behavior. I didn't go into any stores with her while she was here because I knew what could/would happen if she was told to please wear a mask. 😞

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, KrisTom said:

I always worry that scenarios like this will somehow affect our freedom to homeschool.

2 hours ago, kbutton said:

1 hour ago, goldberry said:

THIS.  That's what I felt when I started this thread in the first place, hence the title.  

From reading comments below the video, it makes me really worried about that as well. Even if it doesn't affect legal rights, it's definitely affecting the way the general public views homeschoolers, and I felt like we had come so far on that. I hate to think of my homeschooled kids being looked down on by others as being backwards and uneducated, due to imbecilic behavior like this.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Soror said:

What idiotic, selfish jerks. I hope they get their ass handed to them. You don't want to wear a mask that's one thing but to lie and make up crap, trivializing real disabilities. Shameful.

I'm sorry...what did they "lie" about? what "crap" did they make up?

They annoyed me, too, so I'm not disagreeing with you. I just don't know what they lied about and what stuff they made up.

1 hour ago, BakersDozen said:

I've not followed news the way I used to - is this normal procedure/protocol?

I didn't watch the video because I am recovering from a week-long visit with a friend who would be the one (along w/her dh and dc) doing this same abhorrent behavior. I didn't go into any stores with her while she was here because I knew what could/would happen if she was told to please wear a mask. 😞

Definitely the norm in rural areas here, including not being willing to assist at school board meetings where unmasked people are yelling and threatening school board members or school officials who want to uphold the law. But in many rural areas, the anti-mask people are so in the majority, including among the police force, that there really is no concept of following the law. They believe they are above the law.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

26 minutes ago, Ellie said:

They annoyed me, too, so I'm not disagreeing with you. I just don't know what they lied about and what stuff they made up.

Did you read the first post? They lied about not being able to wear masks and plan to file an ADA complaint.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, KSera said:

From reading comments below the video, it makes me really worried about that as well. Even if it doesn't affect legal rights, it's definitely affecting the way the general public views homeschoolers, and I felt like we had come so far on that. I hate to think of my homeschooled kids being looked down on by others as being backwards and uneducated, due to imbecilic behavior like this.

It isn't limited to homeschoolers here. Parents fight over kids wearing them in schools. I pulled my two boys from their sport (hardly any homeschoolers) because nearly no one spectating wore them. The organization has quarantine guidelines, but they parents don't seem to follow it. Someone is sick it seems like every week and the other kids still play the next week (I get the roster messaging). The shops are filled with people who don't mask. And our cases are high.

So while this is a homeschool group, there are so many others.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spirea said:

It isn't limited to homeschoolers here. Parents fight over kids wearing them in schools. I pulled my two boys from their sport (hardly any homeschoolers) because nearly no one spectating wore them. The organization has quarantine guidelines, but they parents don't seem to follow it. Someone is sick it seems like every week and the other kids still play the next week (I get the roster messaging). The shops are filled with people who don't mask. And our cases are high.

So while this is a homeschool group, there are so many others.

Agreed. It isn’t likely limited to homeschoolers anywhere. But whenever homeschoolers are in the news for something bad, fair or not, people tend to lump all homeschoolers together and it reflects badly on all of us. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Frances said:

But whenever homeschoolers are in the news for something bad, fair or not, people tend to lump all homeschoolers together and it reflects badly on all of us. 

And this

5 hours ago, itsheresomewhere said:

I am so happy we are nearing the end of our journey and not at the beginning based on people and their behaviors. 

I know I've posted here about how bittersweet it is to be seeing the end of homeschooling coming up, but now it feels like the kids and I will always be having to explain we weren't that kind of homeschoolers.  Ugh.  I've always (and still do) supported the rights of homeschoolers to educate in their chosen way, even defending my Amish clients for not doing high school.  But the tendency of the world at large to assume we're monolithic in our political/health/religious views is unfortunate.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, QueenCat said:

I doubt it has anything to do with affluence. I live in an affluent town. Far more people mask at the grocery store, etc. than most of the towns around us, which are more middle class and/or lower incomes. A mere couple of miles away. 

Exactly. That is true in my state too

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Frances said:

Did you read the first post? They lied about not being able to wear masks and plan to file an ADA complaint.

6 hours ago, Ellie said:

See above!

11 hours ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Since we are in the same area, I wonder if that was the same person who was unhappy with me.  

Could be.  This person has their profile locked down pretty tight (and all the pictures have a "Unmask the children" banner) and she only seems to be a member of one statewide beginner homeschool group, none of the local ones.   I've homeschooled in this area for 12 years and it's not a person I know or a name I've seen on posts anywhere.  

13 hours ago, historically accurate said:

Illinois has a mask mandate for the entire state. So, the people in the original post/protest are literally breaking the law. The libraries aren't making up their own rules.

It's not that far away from me, and I work in a library. The director has been keeping a really close eye on this situation since it wouldn't be a leap to think they're coming to us next. We've only had one person get really nasty so far. Most glare at us and don the mask and sigh and whine when we remind them to pull it up.

There's another library in the region that has also closed due to threats, but they're not getting the press yet.

Quoting myself: I have access to my work email from home, and there is an email that popped up this morning about the situation in yet another local-ish library. The email says we are to push the panic button or call 911 immediately if anyone pushes back too hard. It also reiterated our safety procedures. No one is to be left alone at the desk - we are now always at least 2 deep. (We're a pretty small library, and the children's desk often only has a float backup). The director spoke with the local police late last night, and fortunately for us, they will remove anyone who we wish to remove at this point for our safety. 

Who would've thought the librarians would be on the front lines?

• Like 10
  • Sad 9

2 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

Quoting myself: I have access to my work email from home, and there is an email that popped up this morning about the situation in yet another local-ish library. The email says we are to push the panic button or call 911 immediately if anyone pushes back too hard. It also reiterated our safety procedures. No one is to be left alone at the desk - we are now always at least 2 deep. (We're a pretty small library, and the children's desk often only has a float backup). The director spoke with the local police late last night, and fortunately for us, they will remove anyone who we wish to remove at this point for our safety. 

My heart hurts for you! This.is.insane.

I truly believe we need to have an emergency law created whereby, like traffic court, these kinds of people can be quickly "tried" in the magistrate's office so criminal courts are not tied up. Dh made the point that they don't probably even care about a night in jail. They will consider themselves "martyrs" for the cause. But what nearly all of them will care about is their pocketbook. Make the fines stiff, really nasty, and automatic with garansheed wages until paid. He said he honestly believes that the loss of money is what will make these kinds of people shut up, and put their masks on or stay home. If a few of them end up on the nightly ends with a $5000 fine and taken in installments from their paychecks, it may curb this behavior.

• Like 6

I find the anti-masker/anti-covid precautions rhetoric on disability so confusing. 

As a parent of a child with a severe disability, the anti-disability rhetoric during the pandemic has been horrifying.  I've read that covid isn't scary because it only kills people "who are going to die anyway".  I've read that "healthy children" shouldn't have to sacrifice for "those children".  I've been told that I was not a good Christian because I tried to prevent or delay my child's death, because if I was a good Christian I'd be happy at the thought of him going to Heaven (that was here on the Hive).  I hear all the time that people with disabilities should "just stay home", so that other people can "get back to normal", because apparently a world where people wear masks is less "normal" than a world without my child and people like him participating.   It's perfectly clear that the message is that people with disabilities don't matter, and don't deserve a place in our community. 

But then people on the same side pretend to have disabilities that they don't have, and demand to participate.  

• Sad 31

55 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Could be.  This person has their profile locked down pretty tight (and all the pictures have a "Unmask the children" banner) and she only seems to be a member of one statewide beginner homeschool group, none of the local ones.   I've homeschooled in this area for 12 years and it's not a person I know or a name I've seen on posts anywhere.  

Sounds like the same one.  None of us recognized the name either.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Baseballandhockey said:

I find the anti-masker/anti-covid precautions rhetoric on disability so confusing. 

As a parent of a child with a severe disability, the anti-disability rhetoric during the pandemic has been horrifying.  I've read that covid isn't scary because it only kills people "who are going to die anyway".  I've read that "healthy children" shouldn't have to sacrifice for "those children".  I've been told that I was not a good Christian because I tried to prevent or delay my child's death, because if I was a good Christian I'd be happy at the thought of him going to Heaven (that was here on the Hive).  I hear all the time that people with disabilities should "just stay home", so that other people can "get back to normal", because apparently a world where people wear masks is less "normal" than a world without my child and people like him participating.   It's perfectly clear that the message is that people with disabilities don't matter, and don't deserve a place in our community. 

But then people on the same side pretend to have disabilities that they don't have, and demand to participate.  

I am so sorry! 😭

And I too agree. I feel like this has brought out a very large, pro-Eugenics crowd in the U.S. who previously kept their horrific ideas to themselves. The worst thing is locally, the "throw away people with disabilities" attitude comes from the same group that spends a lot of time protesting Planned Parenthood! 🙄😠 So not pro-life, just forced birth people. It is maddening! I used to call it out when I saw it, but now I just stay away from these people's social media and their church websites because there is no advantage to continue engaging with them. They are gross people with gross beliefs and aren't going to change their grossness. Sigh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

45 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

Agreed, but who would've thought that health care workers and teachers/administrators (one source, a 2nd, a 3rd, many others found via google) would be on the front lines, receiving threats (including death threats), violence, and faces full of screaming rage on daily/weekly basis? HCWs (including doctors) and educators are all now leaving their professions in droves.

This country better get it's shit together and knock these extremists back - and the politicians who fan the flames of their behavior - unless we want to end up with the same level & quality of public services as any other 2nd world country.  (Note: this is actually the outcome I expect to happen, but I tend to be pessimistic.)

Edited by Happy2BaMom
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Happy2BaMom said:

Agreed, but who would've thought that health care workers and teachers/administrators (one source, a 2nd, a 3rd, many others found via google) would be on the front lines, receiving threats (including death threats), violence, and faces full of screaming rage on daily/weekly basis? HCWs (including doctors) and educators are all now leaving their professions in droves.

This country better get it's shit together and knock these extremists back - and the politicians who fan the flames of their behavior - unless we want to end up with the same level & quality of public services as any other 2nd world country.  (Note: this is actually the outcome I expect to happen, but I tend to be pessimistic.)

Oh I agree. I fully expect our healthcare access and treatment to end up beat back to the Stone Age over this. I have no faith that those in powers rich enough to run off to Europe and Asia for medical treatment, to give two farts what is left for the rest of us. They will continue to pander to their base to the ruination of this country.

Edited by Faith-manor
  • Like 2

I'm seeing that, too. I'm actually trying to work with a group of parents of mostly elementary and younger kids, many with special needs, who have decided that the local schools aren't places they want their children due to the fact that we obviously, as a city, are willing to throw away special needs preschoolers (and older kids, but that group can't be vaccinated, so having the school decide that they don't have to follow the court order because "we're not a county school" is especially glaring). But they are even less welcome in homeschool classes and groups. Because if they're back in person, they are probably anti-maskers.

Honestly, these little ones mostly need safe ways to socialize, and their moms need support, and the homeschooling community isn't going to provide that, and while I suspect the developmental PK teachers WOULD, the school as a whole cannot if the school board has decided to follow the Governor vs the federal circuit Court. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Happy2BaMom said:

I am actually suggesting to L that maybe getting a second degree in something other than education, like psychology, sociology, anthropology, etc to go along with bio might be a good idea. Because I don't feel it is, or will be, safe to be a public school teacher. If the public school system even survives. 

• Like 4