Katy

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Katy said:

7AD52220-40A1-472D-A868-3FEEAD388C04.jpeg

And the backbend because 2dd loved kicking a particular rib and to this day the muscles will spasm when I sneeze.  She's in her 30s.

eta: the backbend makes the muscles less likely to cramp/spasm

Edited by gardenmom5

5 hours ago, SusanC said:

Somebody on the Boards mentioned that they had forgotten they told Alexa this quote was their name, and then one day Alexa was, what, trying to get their attention? 😂

That was me with my Google Assistant. She answered something for me so I told her "thank you," and she said, "You're welcome, Inigo Montoya you killed my father prepare to die."

I'd completely forgotten that one day I'd said the quote and Google Assistant had been like "okay, I'll remember that your name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father prepare to die." 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

43 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

I thought everyone did that! Where we used to live, Walmart (of all places) had a lobster tank in the seafood section, and I would often leave the kids there while I shopped, lol.

There might have been a few times, when I was very pregnant and it was very hot, and my apartment was very small, that my oldest kid and I took field trips to the air conditioned grocery store just to say hi to the lobsters.  

And by "a few" I mean it probably was only a two digit number. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Corraleno said:

I thought everyone did that! Where we used to live, Walmart (of all places) had a lobster tank in the seafood section, and I would often leave the kids there while I shopped, lol.

In Hong Kong, the clothes shop Marks and Spencer had a tropical fish tank, maybe for reasons of feng shui. Every time we were in central Hong Kong, we used to just relax at the fish tank when we were tired and hot.

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Corraleno said:

I had forgotten that Walmart used to have a lobster tank. When I had to just run in for a few things it took forever if ds was with me because we always had to go visit the lobsters.

1 hour ago, Katy said:

E52841A6-6006-4D18-B4CE-11257C59C2EE.jpeg

As a sort of local to Disney (less than an hour away) I always wondered how families could afford a theme park vacation. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Corraleno said:

Tortilla machine in HEB.  I could leave my kid to watch and shop for produce in peace.  The two were right near each other, so he was never really out of sight, but it kept him from grabbing things or being antsy while I weighed peppers and tomatoes.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

As a sort of local to Disney (less than an hour away) I always wondered how families could afford a theme park vacation. 

I’m pretty sure with all the up charges it would cost 3x or more to have the same trip we took last time if we went soon. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Terabith said:

2FC63EAB-882E-4897-A4AE-45E6EE78C733.jpeg

11 hours ago, Corraleno said:

If I had tried that we would have had pet lobsters. 

• Haha 5

22 hours ago, Lilaclady said:

A8C67A0D-8D36-4174-A9EF-56F17B7481EB.jpeg

If I were in the dating scene I'd put this in my online dating profile, given that in a dating profile a guy saying he is an artist or musician just means he has no job and is depressed and annoying. 

7 hours ago, Lady Florida. said:

Same. Heck, we can't afford it as a day trip!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

The entire description is fantasy. Who's going to believe anyone refers to them as a "cobra chicken?" This author has a great imagination. 😅

That's a really widespread meme, actually! Google "cobra chicken" and you'll get tons of posts, photos, memes, even tee shirts and mugs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corraleno said:

That's a really widespread meme, actually! Google "cobra chicken" and you'll get tons of posts, photos, memes, even tee shirts and mugs

Wow! Learn something new everyday. I'd never heard that expression. I've heard the hissing and been warned off by a Canada goose while in my car. He won the stare down. Especially when there are goslings around, don't get close to a wild goose.

11 hours ago, TechWife said:

If I had tried that we would have had pet lobsters. 

My son used to tell people “Dose lobters are dust for looking. You tannot buy dem day are ‘spensive.”  He probably cost the grocery store a lot of business.  I am pretty sure he thought “‘spensive” meant “not for sale” or “part of the store decor” or “personal pets of the fish counter employees”  or something.   He had no idea they were for eating.  More like a little petting zoo to entertain the children.

• Like 7
  • Haha 11