Menu

12-15 year olds vaccine experiences

Katy

DD15 had her second dose last Friday and only had a slightly sore arm; less sore than after the first shot. Just about one week to go now until our entire family is two weeks past and fully vaccinated! Just in time for DD's 16th birthday next week. She is eager to celebrate her big day with her friends. Limited socialization has been the hardest on her, and she is starting a summer job at Chik-fil-A, so we are so glad that she will have all of the protection of the vaccine.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Danae said:

That’s a pretty vile suggestion.

Vile?

Isn’t it still in its trial phase?  

Seems like it would be normal thing to do during a trial phase. 

And it could explain besides differences in recipients getting it why some people barely notice any reaction at all and others have bad headaches or other symptoms for weeks . 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, Pen said:

Vile?

And it could explain besides differences in recipients getting it why some people barely notice any reaction at all and others have bad headaches or other symptoms for weeks . 

No, that is NOT a normal thing to do.  People who are involved in a clinical trial give consent and know that they may be getting treatment or may be getting a placebo.  To withhold treatment that people think they’re getting without informed consent is a huge ethics violation. And fraud. It’s the kind of thing that ends up going down in history under the heading ATROCITIES.  It is a vile thing to accuse medical providers of with no reason and no evidence.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Pen said:

Vile?

No, no, no! That is NOT how a drug trial works! My son is a trial participant. He is a VOLUNTEER for the trial phase. He went in knowing that he could get either the actual vaccine or the placebo. It was double blind and even the people giving the shots didn't know who was getting the real thing. Everything is numbered so they can match it.  He was paid a small amount of money to get the shot and then go in weekly for blood work and/or complete a survey about reactions, side effects, Covid symptoms, or whether he got Covid. When the companies got emergency use approval for the vaccines, all the trial volunteers were told whether they got the real vaccine or the placebo and those who got the placebo were immediately given a real vaccine. The Pfizer CEO said it would be unethical to continue the trial at that point without making sure they were all fully vaccinated. They are still able to study reactions and symptoms over a longer time with the trial volunteers.  ALL the vaccines given to the public are real vaccines! Nobody is going in thinking they're getting vaccinated and being given a placebo instead. THAT would be seriously unethical!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, strawberries said:

When we were at the clinic (run by CORE) for DD's first shot, a woman who came in behind us was turned away for a second dose because she'd gotten her first shot at a different site (run by the county health department). Both sites were only offering Pfizer. They told her she had to go back to the original site for the second dose. I couldn't help but overhear as I was standing there filling out paperwork. It surprised me; the county health dept's web page was advertising the CORE clinic, so they seemed to be affiliated, and Pfizer is Pfizer. I also had to sign something saying that we understood we were required to return to the CORE site for DD's second dose. It said "NO EXCEPTIONS" in all caps. 

It makes me wonder if the issue is how sites report their numbers. Like if having someone go to two different sites screws up the numbers of "fully vaccinated" versus "never returned for second shot" that each location turns in, so they made a stupid rule.  At any rate it seems really wrong to turn willing people away. 

They didn't give me a hard time when I had my kids' first shot at Walgreens and second at CVS.  Maybe some sites are different, but I would hope they'd tell you that up front before you showed up for your shot.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, strawberries said:

It makes me wonder if the issue is how sites report their numbers. Like if having someone go to two different sites screws up the numbers of "fully vaccinated" versus "never returned for second shot" that each location turns in, so they made a stupid rule.  At any rate it seems really wrong to turn willing people away. 

Someone I talked with at the Clinic said it was about managing supply, since they send second doses to the site 3 weeks after people have received their first.

I'm not sure if that's the reason, but dd15 had already cancelled and missed the date of her second appointment because she had a track meet, and they were still unwilling to budge.

• Like 2

Our local cvs and Walgreens have been fine with doing 2nd doses.   Everyplace else locally seemed like it was requiring you to make that 2nd appointment immediately.   Seems like really poor management for a public site to be dropping people for their 2nd dose!

• Like 1

I'd venture to say that administrative concerns about numbers that could tie into funding and/or supply allocation are a much more likely scenario than a horrific secret placebo operation. 

The Walgreens and Kroger pharmacies where DS, DH, and I got our shots didn't have any rules about coming back to the same site, although IIRC we also made our second appointments when we scheduled the first. I rescheduled DS's due to a practice AP exam and felt lucky to snag one at the same Walgreens, but that was back in the earlier days of vax availability where it was like a free-for-all with everyone refreshing websites to find appointments.  

• Like 4

My boys had their 1st dose at Walgreens and their 2nd does at their pediatricians office.  I would have preferred they both be done at the pediatricians off (Dh, my dad, and I had ours done there too), but it would have been a longer wait to get in for their 1st dose.  No problems here going 2 places.

• Like 3

My DD15 and DS13 got their 2nd vaccine about 2 days ago. DD said she felt lousy right after receiving the vaccine: headache, nauseous, dizzy. DS complained of a very sore arm the next day. Both seem to be fully recovered now.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Pen said:

Vile?

That's not how any of this works. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, hippymamato3 said:

14 hours ago, Danae said:

No, that is NOT a normal thing to do.  People who are involved in a clinical trial give consent and know that they may be getting treatment or may be getting a placebo.  To withhold treatment that people think they’re getting without informed consent is a huge ethics violation. And fraud. It’s the kind of thing that ends up going down in history under the heading ATROCITIES.  It is a vile thing to accuse medical providers of with no reason and no evidence.  

so if it turns out later that people in one center  did not get same thing as people in another, you will be ready to declare it “atrocities” — good to know — Dont forget that you said that. 

what else might constitute atrocities if it later turns out that ______ ? 

only if different centers injected  different versions? 

• Confused 4

3 hours ago, mlktwins said:

It's too bad that when you block someone, you can still see what they are saying when someone else quotes them 🙄!

she won’t see my post, but maybe someone can tell her there’s a place in settings where all mentions, tags etc of someone blocked can be blocked ... or at least I think there is 

😉🤣😎

2 hours ago, Pen said:

so if it turns out later that people in one center  did not get same thing as people in another, you will be ready to declare it “atrocities” — good to know — Dont forget that you said that. 

what else might constitute atrocities if it later turns out that ______ ? 

only if different centers injected  different versions? 

If you’re trying for a gotcha here you’re going to have to be a less sloppy reader. I said that intentionally injecting hundreds of people with a placebo when they believe they are getting an approved therapeutic is an atrocity.  

• Like 11

22 hours ago, Pen said:

could it be that different sites have different versions — or even placebos? 

What are you talking about?!?  The Pfizer has been approved for the 12-15 age group.  This isn't a trial any more.  

Sorry - didn't continue reading - others have responded.

Edited by JanOH
Should have read the whole thread first
  • Like 7

On 6/6/2021 at 4:56 PM, kbutton said:

DS 13 had his second shot on Thursday. He had some low grade fever, tiredness, headache and body aches the next day. His arm was sore, but the shot itself was one of the best sticks he's ever had--the person giving them was really good. It's all over today.

He has had some mild coughing, but we think it's allergies--the cottonwood trees are kind of going nuts here. He decided to take some Zyrtec to see if it helps. He tends to be susceptible to coughing with minor changes in weather, etc., in general and on and off from one of his meds. Lung issues are common for people with his genetic diagnosis, and I think he has mildly excitable lungs as a result.

It was just allergies. He's been fine, thankfully. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JanOH said:

What are you talking about?!?  The Pfizer has been approved for the 12-15 age group.  This isn't a trial any more.  

Sorry - didn't continue reading - others have responded.

“Emergency Use Authorization” vs “Approval” is an extremely significant distinction.

If it has received actual full approval, which is a very different matter than EUA, please show me proof of that.  Afaik it is still under EUA only.   And as far as I know it is still in its trials phase.  They have been trying to expedite full approval Afaik, but unless that does happen or has happened, the trial phase was supposed to end in 2022 or 2023 .  

• Like 1

Authorization (EUA) to permit the emergency use of the unapproved product, Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine , for active immunization to prevent COVID-19 in individuals 12 years of age and older.

The EUA amendment for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine was issued to Pfizer Inc. The issuance of an EUA is not  an FDA approval (licensure) of a vaccine

Authorization (EUA) to permit the emergency use of the unapproved product, Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine , for active immunization to prevent COVID-19 in individuals 12 years of age and older.

(bold and underline added on the word unapproved and  not an FDA approval

———-

definitive completion date information date seems difficult to ascertain - it may be fluid...

Time frame: May 1, 2021 - May 15, 2022 (primary completion date). The final completion date is scheduled for December 31, 2022. The information in this article is current as of the date listed, which means newer information may be available when you read this. For the most recent updates on COVID-19, visit our coronavirus news page.

(this may be wrong, but at least should show that my statement of 2022 or 2023 was made in good faith based on information I have had. Bold and underline of final completion date December 31, 2022 added.)

Pfizer 

Trial NCT04368728 

• Ages included: 12 and older
  • Number of people (all ages): 43,998
  • Clinical trial phase: Phase 2/3
  • What the trial is looking at: The trial is looking to determine the safety and tolerability of this vaccine. Researchers are also analyzing the vaccine's ability to trigger an immune response and how well it works at preventing COVID-19.
  • Kid-specific results: Pfizer announced in a press release in late March that its vaccine was 100% effective at protecting children ages 12 to 15 against COVID-19 and created “robust antibody responses, exceeding those recorded earlier in vaccinated participants aged 16 to 25 years old.” It was also “well-tolerated."4
  • Timeframe: April 29, 2020 – November 2, 2021 (November refers to the primarycompletion date, meaning the date on which the last participant was examined or received an intervention to collect final data for the primary outcome measure: vaccine safety/side effects and tolerability). The final study completion date is scheduled for May 2, 2023.

Bold and underline of final study completion date May 2, 2023  added.

Edited by Pen
Bold added to emphasize that there is not approval as of latest information I have ... anyone with a recent update otherwise, by all means post it. I am not who is posting misinformation so far as I know. You all who think it is approved are misinforming
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pen said:

I am not who is posting misinformation so far as I know. You all who think it is approved are misinforming

@Pen won't see this unless she has unblocked me, but something still being under EUA doesn't mean that the people receiving it are receiving it as part of a clinical trial. The clinical trial is a thing that is in process, with a set of people who have given informed consent to participate in the trial, and in this case were randomized to double blind treatment or placebo groups. The general public receiving the vaccine under EUA is NOT part of this trial. As said above:

14 hours ago, hippymamato3 said:

So funny you said this, because that was the exact thing that came to mind when I read that. I wanted to post the meme 😂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pen said:

“Emergency Use Authorization” vs “Approval” is an extremely significant distinction.

If it has received actual full approval, which is a very different matter than EUA, please show me proof of that.  Afaik it is still under EUA only.   And as far as I know it is still in its trials phase.  They have been trying to expedite full approval Afaik, but unless that does happen or has happened, the trial phase was supposed to end in 2022 or 2023 .  

When I took my minor children to receive the Pfizer vaccine which has been approved for emergency use, I signed for my permission to give them the Pfizer vaccine, not a placebo.  So sorry I confused you with my imprecise language.  

• Like 7

My 2 kids got their shots on Thursday and have not had any real side effects.  Only 1 person complained of a slight sore arm the  next morning.

I was so worried about the heart risk which seems to be linked in the info out right now.  And I still am.  But I just saw on the news that the Delta strain just doubled in the US.  So I am so glad they got both shots. 

I was seeing that for the next set of kids (5-11) they are going to try a smaller dose.  I am wondering if that will help with the heart issue?   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JanOH said:

When I took my minor children to receive the Pfizer vaccine which has been approved for emergency use, I signed for my permission to give them the Pfizer vaccine, not a placebo.  So sorry I confused you with my imprecise language.  

All right, and I am glad to hear that you apparently carefully read all the paperwork involved and know exactly what you signed for — I think many people do not read every word of it or what precisely they have authorized nor know all of what is in the injections.  Since I know no irl people who have gotten their children injected I will defer to your personal knowledge of what you signed, and also hope your trust in Pfizer is warranted. 

I would appreciate it if you or someone  else who got their children injected has a copy of the documents they signed if they could be shared (not the personal name signature type parts, but what the Pfizer paperwork says) here. Or perhaps one of the nurses on WTM who gives the injections would have that and could share it. 

Your language remains imprecise afaik: it has only been “authorized” for emergency use.  Authorized and approved are similar and can be used fairly interchangeably in common speaking, but are different legally when regards FDA use of the terms.  

Moderna is expected by people I know to be authorized for emergency use soon also and afaik there was official discussion last week about Pfizer getting its EUA for 5-11 age group shortly.   All of these at EUA  “authorization” not “approval” stages. 

Edited by Pen

10 minutes ago, Pen said:

I would appreciate it if you or someone  else who got their children injected has a copy of the documents they signed if they could be shared (not the personal name signature type parts, but what the Pfizer paperwork says) here. Or perhaps one of the nurses on WTM who gives the injections would have that and could share it. 

The page that I signed said that I had been given the linked fact sheet or had it read to me.  This is the fact sheet.  It says it may be updated, but this is the version I received when making the appointments for my teen and pre-teen.  

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

I'd like to point out to some of you that the ignore function is really handy. Just saying. 😉 

😉you are so right - I have suggested that myself!  😉.   The human mind “ignore function” is also common in real life when people do not want to face things that they may be doing or have done which could be detrimental.     You once asked iirc something like “who is going to protect me?” Or maybe it was someone else. Whoever it was, Protect them from what? From Covid19? From gestapo?  From seeking out an unapproved drug? 🤔. Sometimes all that can be done is to give a warning.   https://youtu.be/mofOIf9CpjE    🙂  People decide what they believe and what they heed. 

2 hours ago, Danae said:

The page that I signed said that I had been given the linked fact sheet or had it read to me.  This is the fact sheet.  It says it may be updated, but this is the version I received when making the appointments for my teen and pre-teen.  

thank you! 

The word “include(s)” for ingredients and side effects is interesting.  

(ETA- it does look like they intend an active  dose including the ingredients listed , not placebo dose) 

Edited by Pen

50 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

I'd like to point out to some of you that the ignore function is really handy. Just saying. 😉 

Thought about it and then decided that it was good to keep track of what all sides are saying, even when I think they are off-base.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JanOH said:

Thought about it and then decided that it was good to keep track of what all sides are saying, even when I think they are off-base.  

Oh, yes, I do think that 🙂 . But at some point it's clear people aren't going to get on the same wavelength and discussion gets less and less fruitful. 

You can always click on a post when you've ignored someone. So it's not like the posts are just gone. You just don't read them automatically and then reply in a knee-jerk way. 

Edited by Not_a_Number
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pen said:

All right, and I am glad to hear that you apparently carefully read all the paperwork involved and know exactly what you signed for — I think many people do not read every word of it or what precisely they have authorized nor know all of what is in the injections.  Since I know no irl people who have gotten their children injected I will defer to your personal knowledge of what you signed, and also hope your trust in Pfizer is warranted. 

Your language remains imprecise afaik: it has only been “authorized” for emergency use.  Authorized and approved are similar and can be used fairly interchangeably in common speaking, but are different legally when regards FDA use of the terms.  

Moderna is expected by people I know to be authorized for emergency use soon also and afaik there was official discussion last week about Pfizer getting its EUA for 5-11 age group shortly.   All of these at EUA  “authorization” not “approval” stages. 

Thank you for correcting my language once again.  It's always good to be precise so there is no misunderstanding what I said. 

On 6/12/2021 at 6:55 AM, Not_a_Number said:

I don't use it because I think it can lead to exactly what I've seen demonstrated by being blocked by someone else myself: someone creates more and more of an echo chamber for themself by blocking the things they don't want to hear. [deleted. unhelpful.]Obviously, to each their own, but I'm just explaining why I've chosen not to use it.

On 6/12/2021 at 7:35 AM, Pen said:

😉you are so right - I have suggested that myself!  😉.   The human mind “ignore function” is also common in real life when people do not want to face things that they may be doing or have done which could be detrimental.    

Which further backs up what I just said.

Edited by KSera
trimmed to make more general and because it's not on topic anyway
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, KSera said:

I don't use it because I think it can lead to exactly what I've seen demonstrated by being blocked by someone else myself: someone creates more and more of an echo chamber for themself by blocking the things they don't want to hear. I've lost track of how many times Pen has posted something that's just clearly, demonstrably not true, and she never sees any fact check I post because she has blocked me (and I probably shouldn't even post it, because then it means other people think the correction has been made and don't respond to it themself, but I do so for others who are reading who might not know what she said is flat out incorrect--like the clinical thing trial in this thread). Obviously, to each their own, but I'm just explaining why I've chosen not to use it.

Which further backs up what I just said. She suggests the ignore function to not face things she may be doing or has done which could be detrimental. I wouldn't find that a good goal for myself.

But I wouldn't use the "ignore" function on people I simply disagree with on some things (heck, that's most people.) I'd use it in cases where the conversations are predominantly not going to be productive. 

• Like 1

My 12 year old son got his second shot today.  It went ok.  He was a bit nervous but the firefighters who were administering the vaccines were really great.  

No reactions thus far, says his arm hardly hurt at all and this time was less painful than the first.  

With this shot, everyone in our local extended family group has had both doses.  Which is great.  I’m happy about that.  

No one else in the family has had a bad reaction to the Pfizer vaccine.  My dad got Moderna but the rest of us got Pfizer.  

Vaccine rates in Seattle are 70%

• Like 7

@Pen

I administer mRNA vaccines at a mass vaccination site.  Nobody is getting placebo!

Our process doesn't involve any signatures.  Consent to receive vaccine is verbal.  Age 12+ consent for themselves, unless there is a capacity issue.

Patients register (demographics and insurance) online or by phone when booking their appointment.  Information about the vaccines is available for review at that time.

In clinic, vaccinators identify the patient, ask the screening questions, answer any questions, get explicit verbal consent for covid vaccine (specifically for either Pfizer of Moderna, whichever product we are using that day), and document all of this electronically.  There are paper copies of the product monograph and product information sheets on site for patients to review if they wish (I have yet to have a patient who has wanted to do this).  After their vaccination, patients get a printed and/or electronic receipt with their name and other demographics, product name, lot number, injection volume, injection site, location of the clinic and name of the vaccinator.  They also get a paper handout with a list of common side effects, a list of symptoms to watch that might suggest a serious reaction, and what to do about them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, wathe said:

@Pen

I administer mRNA vaccines at a mass vaccination site.  Nobody is getting placebo!

Our process doesn't involve any signatures.  Consent to receive vaccine is verbal.  Age 12+ consent for themselves, unless there is a capacity issue.

Patients register (demographics and insurance) online or by phone when booking their appointment.  Information about the vaccines is available for review at that time.

In clinic, vaccinators identify the patient, ask the screening questions, answer any questions, get explicit verbal consent for covid vaccine (specifically for either Pfizer of Moderna, whichever product we are using that day), and document all of this electronically.  There are paper copies of the product monograph and product information sheets on site for patients to review if they wish (I have yet to have a patient who has wanted to do this).  After their vaccination, patients get a printed and/or electronic receipt with their name and other demographics, product name, lot number, injection volume, injection site, location of the clinic and name of the vaccinator.  They also get a paper handout with a list of common side effects, a list of symptoms to watch that might suggest a serious reaction, and what to do about them.

thank you! 

someone I know - where two family members had very different reactions  - (eta- both adults so not really right for 12 to 15 thread, but I hope you will answer if you know the answer) raised a different issue which was whether at some sites (USA) where less experienced people are doing the administration and especially with whichever type requires dilution (I can’t recall if it was Pfizer or Moderna) whether the mixing is thoroughly done by all people administering it, could one person may get more of the active ingredients part  while spouse perhaps gets more of the diluent? 

Edited by Pen

23 minutes ago, wathe said:

@Pen

That’s really surprising to me.  We’ve never had a vaccine that doesn’t involve a consent form.  Is it possible that one is being signed when they book an appointment?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LucyStoner said:

My 12 year old son got his second shot today.  It went ok.  He was a bit nervous but the firefighters who were administering the vaccines were really great.  

No reactions thus far, says his arm hardly hurt at all and this time was less painful than the first.  

With this shot, everyone in our local extended family group has had both doses.  Which is great.  I’m happy about that.  

No one else in the family has had a bad reaction to the Pfizer vaccine.  My dad got Moderna but the rest of us got Pfizer.  

Vaccine rates in Seattle are 70%

You have firefighters administering vaccines? 

32 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

That’s really surprising to me.  We’ve never had a vaccine that doesn’t involve a consent form.  Is it possible that one is being signed when they book an appointment?

Quite sure.  DS and I got our vaccines through the same clinic.  No physical signing of anything (I also haven't ever physically signed anything for the kids childhood vaccines.  Those were verbal consent at the family doctor's office.  Consent was explicit, and documented in the chart, but no signatures)

ETA the process is completely paperless.

ETA again:  I do sign for flu shots at work, but I think that's because they're administered by my workplace and they are tracking who's had one and who hasn't.

Edited by wathe
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pen said:

thank you! 

someone I know - where two family members had very different reactions  - (eta- both adults so not really right for 12 to 15 thread, but I hope you will answer if you know the answer) raised a different issue which was whether at some sites (USA) where less experienced people are doing the administration and especially with whichever type requires dilution (I can’t recall if it was Pfizer or Moderna) whether the mixing is thoroughly done by all people administering it, could one person may get more of the active ingredients part  while spouse perhaps gets more of the diluent? 

I don't think so.

Ours are mixed by hospital pharmacists, who definitely know what they are doing, then distributed to the vaccinators for administration.  The mixing is done very carefully, as per strict protocols.  

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Pen said:

thank you! 

I think bodies just handle things differently. A few years ago (2018?)  one of my kids gave my sisters’ kid pneumonia.  My kid was pretty sick but not terrible.  My sisters kid was almost hospitalized, lost some crazy percentage of his body weight and took 6 weeks to get over it. It was truly scary. Why?  🤷‍♀️ They are the same age, both healthy kids.  It was the last major illness for either of them. Different diet? Different micro biome? No idea.  

Edited by HeartString
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

My 2020 flu shot was done by EMTs.  I think they were all hands on deck for awhile with the COVID vax. There was talk in my state of recruiting vets to help administer, but I don’t know if that ever happened.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Mine was done at the fire station, and lots of fire fighters were working the clinic, but it was all overseen by their head of pandemic response (and that was his position before Covid even) who is an RN, and vaccines were administered by a medical person - I'm not sure if it was a nurse or paramedic. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Yep!  In Seattle and the surrounding areas we have Medic One, which is a program where firefighters train as paramedics.  Not all of our paramedics are firefighters but a great number of the fire department are both firefighters and paramedics.  The first vaccine site that opened close to us for 12-15 year olds is run by one of the largest medical systems at a local community center with the administrative functions being handled by their staff and volunteers and but the people administering the vaccines at that site all appear to be firefighters.  My older son got his at the pharmacy from a PharmD and my husband and I both went to a hospital vaccine site that is largely staffed by nurses.  It’s a wide range of personnel administering vaccines here.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LucyStoner said:

Yep!  In Seattle and the surrounding areas we have Medic One, which is a program where firefighters train as paramedics.  Not all of our paramedics are firefighters but a great number of the fire department are both firefighters and paramedics.  The first vaccine site that opened close to us for 12-15 year olds is run by one of the largest medical systems at a local community center with the administrative functions being handled by their staff and volunteers and but the people administering the vaccines at that site all appear to be firefighters.  My older son got his at the pharmacy from a PharmD and my husband and I both went to a hospital vaccine site that is largely staffed by nurses.  It’s a wide range of personnel administering vaccines here.  

I guess that could make sense.  They are mostly working alongside each other anyway so having skills that go across would be helpful.

2 hours ago, wathe said:

Quite sure.  DS and I got our vaccines through the same clinic.  No physical signing of anything (I also haven't ever physically signed anything for the kids childhood vaccines.  Those were verbal consent at the family doctor's office.  Consent was explicit, and documented in the chart, but no signatures)

ETA the process is completely paperless.

ETA again:  I do sign for flu shots at work, but I think that's because they're administered by my workplace and they are tracking who's had one and who hasn't.

Ok everything here in terms of childhood vaccines required a consent form.