Menu

12-15 year olds vaccine experiences

Katy

On 6/15/2021 at 8:55 PM, KSera said:

That’s amazing! Do you know what percentage of the total population that is? Seems based on results in some other places with high vaccination rates, you should be able to carry on with life fairly normally at this point. I hope that might motivate some other states. Although, I fear it won’t motivate anyone else unless they first have a big outbreak, and no one wants that to happen. Yet once it does, it’s too late to quickly stop it since it takes a while for the whole two shot process.

It looks like 62.9% of the total population is fully vaccinated and 71.8% has had at least one dose. VT lifted all restrictions about a week or so ago. It still feels weird and a lot of people are continuing to wear masks in stores. 

1697913756_ScreenShot2021-06-22at7_07_20PM.thumb.png.5d487f1b73d2c41845312a7979f6a0ed.png

• Like 6

My younger kids both got their first doses today.   So far nothing but it's only been about an hour.   Neither minded the shot.   They go back for their second shots at the same location and will be among the last done before they shut down this particular mega-site.  

Was it this thread people were talking about having to sign consent forms?  I had to sign 3 times plus print my name, put that I was their mother and the reason I was signing was because they were minors for each kid at registration, then had to sign again right before they got the shot.   I had to sign the same stuff for myself when I had mine. 

Ds is autistic but high functioning, most people won't immediately jump to that if they just met him, they would probably just think he was weird, possibly a little rude.   Well, he was listening to music from his tablet with headphones I had in my purse and kind of pacing around in a circle "thinking" while we were waiting.  A manager for the site came over and asked if we wanted to wait in a quiet area if it was too much stimulation for him.  He was fine, especially with headphones, so we declined but I found it interesting that the manager noticed something. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

A manager for the site came over and asked if we wanted to wait in a quiet area if it was too much stimulation for him.  He was fine, especially with headphones, so we declined but I found it interesting that the manager noticed something. 

Oh that’s sweet. 

23 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

A manager for the site came over and asked if we wanted to wait in a quiet area if it was too much stimulation for him.  He was fine, especially with headphones, so we declined but I found it interesting that the manager noticed something. 

I wonder if he has personal experience with his family or something? 

1 hour ago, Not_a_Number said:

I wonder if he has personal experience with his family or something? 

That was my thought.   The way he asked if we wanted a quiet room, that he picked up on it just from my son's pacing behavior, made me think he had personal experience of some kind.

1 hour ago, HeartString said:

Me too.  I’m seriously considering only 1 shot for my young teen.  

We are already a few weeks late for the second shot.  After seeing these numbers, I think we will wait until close to the 12 week mark to reevaluate.  I'm hopeful that there will be relevant info out of the UK on a delayed schedule by then.

39 minutes ago, Syllieann said:

We are already a few weeks late for the second shot.  After seeing these numbers, I think we will wait until close to the 12 week mark to reevaluate.  I'm hopeful that there will be relevant info out of the UK on a delayed schedule by then.

That’s my plan.  

First shots went well for my teens. With the second shot dd had about two hours of tachycardia which we assume was related to her fever. She also was very dizzy and nauseous for about 24 hours. Puny for 72 hours. No arm swelling which is highly unusual for her. Usually she has extensive local swelling with any injection.

Ds woke in the night with chest pains and was very achy. He did not tell us immediately and by the time I heard of it it had resolved. He was puny for about 72 hours total also (it hit 11 hours post vax) and ran an occasional fever during hours 18-48 post vax. 

By day 4 my kids completely bounced back and have been fine since.

I was way more concerned with heart issues tied to covid illness. We know some teens with long term covid cardiac issues. I am glad my kids had robust responses to the vaccine. Their bodies recognized the prior shot. 

• Like 2