Menu

Movies that make you feel happy

klmama

I watched a couple of Disney movies this week, and I feel so much better for getting in some good laughs!  They weren't fabulous movies, but they were happy ones, and I've missed that.  I'm done with action movies; my family can watch those without me.  I want gentler stories with happy endings now.  Every time.  I want movies that make me laugh or just give me the feeling that there really are nice people in the world.  What movies make you feel that way?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

A Room with a View with Helena Bonham Carter. Persuasion with Amanda Root. North by Northwest.  Fred  Astaire dance films.

The only movie I know of by that name is an alfred hitchcock movie - is there another one?

9 hours ago, Ottakee said:

@klmamawhat movies did you enjoy?  I rarely watch TV/movies but would love something light and fun 

I watched some silly Disney shows this week:  Godmothered and Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  (The mom in that one also acts in The Odd Life of Timothy Green, which is a sweet show.)  Another show that always makes me laugh is Mom's Night Out, and I LOVE Arthur Christmas.  IMHO, it's much funnier than Elf, and much sweeter, too.  

Gosh... lots

Enchanted April 

Wooster and Jeeves for sure

Groundhog Day

5th Element (it is campy and funny)

Princess Bride

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Amelie

Ushpizin

Sense and Sensibility (Emma Thompson one all the way!)

Singing in the Rain

Arsnic and Old Lace

Ever After: A Cinderella Story

A Philadelphia Story

Harvey

• Like 3

I had to think about this for a minute. I'm going to say Hairspray for me. And now I sort of want to go watch it. For me, it's less about the feel of the film and more about it being a movie I've seen so many times I could probably recite it. There's something comforting is rewatching something you know really well.

I will echo While You Were Sleeping 

When Harry Met Sally 

Sleepless in Seattle 

Pride and Prejudice 

Legally Blond 1 

My Best Friend's Wedding 

Notting Hill 

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days 

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 

Father of the Bride (both of them - just fun!)

Gosh, I love a lot of the movies listed here! I'll watch them over and over. 

Alexander and the Terrible, etc... is one of my top-faves. We quote it a lot in our house: "heeeeyy there, party kangaroo." 

Also Notting Hill, You've Got Mail, French Kiss --- all rank high on my rewatch list. Just this week, I watched Sabrina, While You Were Sleeping, Ever After and Little Women (oh my word, I didn't realize I'd watched so many movies this week!)😱😂

Sometimes I want feel-good/funny while not committing to a whole movie. My recent go-to is Gavin and Stacey. It's total fluff but I love the characters. 

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Thanks 1