Menu

Putting my brave hat on

PinkTulip

Tomorrow I’m going to make a phone call to a social acquaintance about a job opening at his very small company. I don’t really want to go back to work but as life has a tendency to throw curve balls, I need to. This is a position that I am qualified for, but would be a giant step outside my comfort zone. But if I’m going to have to work, I may as well do something that will make it worth my while, and this would be very helpful to solve a lot of current concerns.

I’m trying not to overthink things or I will talk myself out of making the call. 

• Like 26

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!! You can do this! Keep us posted!

I can understand the feeling, I just got a job online in August. As you said if you get a job might as well be one that you like. I'd rather not work either, tbh. I loved our life as it was but life changes and we must adapt.

Edited by soror
  • Like 3

UPDATE #2:

Ok, I don’t want to sound like I’m bragging, but I totally rocked my interview this morning! We met for well over an hour, and I left feeling very confident. It really would be the perfect job for my personality and skill-set. I feel like I have a better than 50% chance that I’ll get it, but you never know. They said they are interviewing 5 others this week and will make a decision within 10 days, so fingers crossed. But really, whatever happens, I left feeling so confident and feel like maybe I could actually get a job after being out of the work force for the last 20 years! 

• Like 10

On 10/2/2018 at 9:58 PM, Liz CA said:

Positive self-talk can help. Use your name and say something like: "Mary, you are well qualified for this job and you would enjoy this. The interview will highlight your qualifications."

Let us know how it pans out. 

Also, Liz, thank you so much for this! I wrote out something very similar to myself and put it on my phone. I read through it several times the night before my interview, and said it out loud a bunch before I got out of my car and walked into the interview. I walked in feeling unstoppable and I think it really made a difference! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PinkTulip said:

UPDATE #2:

Ok, I don’t want to sound like I’m bragging, but I totally rocked my interview this morning! We met for well over an hour, and I left feeling very confident. It really would be the perfect job for my personality and skill-set. I feel like I have a better than 50% chance that I’ll get it, but you never know. They said they are interviewing 5 others this week and will make a decision within 10 days, so fingers crossed. But really, whatever happens, I left feeling so confident and feel like maybe I could actually get a job after being out of the work force for the last 20 years! 

Of course you did!   Awesome.  I am so happy for you. 

• Like 2