Menu

What is a "MILF"?

Hot Lava Mama

I seen this referenced a number of times and I don't know what it means?!  The latest was from an article on moms and it said "You’re a “mom†or a “MILF†— two sides of the same coin, neither one particularly flattering even when they’re meant, as they often are, as compliments." 

(I hope I am not asking about something vulgar!)

:)

Hot Lava Mama

• Like 1

I seen this referenced a number of times and I don't know what it means?!  The latest was from an article on moms and it said "You’re a “mom†or a “MILF†— two sides of the same coin, neither one particularly flattering even when they’re meant, as they often are, as compliments." 

(I hope I am not asking about something vulgar!)

:)

Hot Lava Mama

Well, I know that "MIL" is Mother-in-law, but I'm not sure what the "F" stands for.....maybe "first"?

Urbandictionary.com is where I go to look up lingo. MILF was popularized in the movie American Pie which came out in 1998 or 1999 I think? It's pronounced like a word, not each letter individually. In case you hear it or for some reason need to say it. Which I'm guessing is unlikely... ;)

• Like 8

DO NOT google it unless you want a real education.

MY 13 year old saw a video about the Monster soda can, a 'claw mark' , the phrase milf  and the link to satanism ( or something..I don't remember the specifics. It was a weird  anti-Christian conspiracy thing) )   He was trying to tell me about it but couldn't remember the specific but wanted me to see the symbol on the can. So we searched 'images' for monster soda, claw, milf.

Oh my word! The images that turned up had practically nothing to do with soda but gave my shocked boy an education in tEa. Yikes.

Note: I eventually watched the monster soda video with him and I have no idea what the woman was talking about or what the milf had to do with anything.

DO NOT google it unless you want a real education.

MY 13 year old saw a video about the Monster soda can, a 'claw mark' , the phrase milf and the link to satanism ( or something..I don't remember the specifics. It was a weird anti-Christian conspiracy thing) ) He was trying to tell me about it but couldn't remember the specific but wanted me to see the symbol on the can. So we searched 'images' for monster soda, claw, milf.

Oh my word! The images that turned up had practically nothing to do with soda but gave my shocked boy an education in tEa. Yikes.

Note: I eventually watched the monster soda video with him and I have no idea what the woman was talking about or what the milf had to do with anything.

I saw that video....when I was at the store I looked at the monster can and could not for the life of me figure out what she was talking about,

here's how innocent/clueless I am ... I first heard of the terms MILF & DILF when that cute "Christmas jammies" video was circulating, with the attractive, young-looking parents of two little kids. I puzzled over the acronyms and finally decided they stood for "Mom is lookin' fine" and "Dad is lookin' fine" :D

works for me!

• Like 16

here's how innocent/clueless I am ... I first heard of the terms MILF & DILF when that cute "Christmas jammies" video was circulating, with the attractive, young-looking parents of two little kids. I puzzled over the acronyms and finally decided they stood for "Mom is lookin' fine" and "Dad is lookin' fine" :D

works for me!

:smilielol5:

• Like 1

I find the whole thing to be insulting on so many levels.  First of all, just because I am looking good, it doesn't mean I am trolling for the attention of, well, anyone. And objectification of anyone is just not ok.

And then this is the whole 'wow, she's given birth to another human being, but still sexually attractive...how is that possible?" that just burns my butt. First of all, how else did the whole becoming a mother thing happen?  And the constant division of women into two groups, virgins and whores, 'mom's and 'milfs', good girls and bad... Nope. I just reject it outright.

So, it isn't just that it is tacky, that bothers me. It is that it is demeaning to women.

• Like 26

I'm so sorry - I totally was :lol: when I saw the thread title.

Disclaimer: I was in high school when american pie came out, college for the second. I believe I saw the second in the theater. :leaving:

So I was kind of part of the 'target audience' for those movies... Which is probably why that particular acronym is something I've known for a very, very long time.

Unfortunately... Lol!!!

• Like 10

Disclaimer: I was in high school when american pie came out, college for the second. I believe I saw the second in the theater. :leaving:

So I was kind of part of the 'target audience' for those movies... Which is probably why that particular acronym is something I've known for a very, very long time.

Unfortunately... Lol!!!

Same here.  I think I was actually a year out of highschool when the first one came out, and I saw both at the theater.

And Stifler's mom was my favorite character. :lol: :lol: :lol: :leaving:

• Like 3

Unfortunately... Lol!!!

I was the target audience, too. The first came out the year after I graduated from high school.

DH and I saw the third in the theater on our wedding night. We're so totally classy that way.

We've never gotten around to seeing the fourth, though. We should probably do that one of these days.

• Like 4

I was the target audience, too. The first came out the year after I graduated from high school.

DH and I saw the third in the theater on our wedding night. We're so totally classy that way.

We've never gotten around to seeing the fourth, though. We should probably do that one of these days.

I didn't even know there was a fourth!  They have gotten progressively worse, I can't imagine it's any good at all. :lol:

This thread reminds me of when my friend taught her very pop culture naive mom this:

Friend would say, "hey, mom, are you down with OPP?"

Naive mom, "Yeah, you know me!"

The mom had no idea what she was saying.

Ok, I knew MILF, but I do not know OPP, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to google. Help me out?

• Like 1

Ok, I knew MILF, but I do not know OPP, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to google. Help me out?

Other people's [cat]. According to Urban Dictionary:

"It is asking the listener if he/she is willing to have s*xual relations with a person who is known to already have a boyfriend or girlfriend."
  • Like 2

Short version:

It's from a rap song...OPP is the title. It stands for Other People's P---y. The song was about having sex with other men's women.

• Like 1

This thread reminds me of when my friend taught her very pop culture naive mom this:

Friend would say, "hey, mom, are you down with OPP?"

Naive mom, "Yeah, you know me!"

The mom had no idea what she was saying.

I helped out with a high school youth group at the church I attended when I was in college. The youth leader's wife would sometimes say "Schwing!" (sha-WING!) as an expression of excitement because Wayne's World was popular at the time. I was too embarrassed to fill her in on what she was actually referring to.

• Like 10

I helped out with a high school youth group at the church I attended when I was in college. The youth leader's wife would sometimes say "Schwing!" (sha-WING!) as an expression of excitement because Wayne's World was popular at the time. I was too embarrassed to fill her in on what she was actually referring to.

Well that would be the second thing I looked up on urban dictionary today. I certainly like this one better that OPP. I feel so uncool.

Short version:

It's from a rap song...OPP is the title. It stands for Other People's P---y. The song was about having sex with other men's women.

OH! MY! GOODNESS!

I grew up with that song and I always thought it was OTHER PEOPLE'S PROPERTY.

For real.

I'm thinking, somewhere along the way, someone lied to me.

I feel so betrayed....

:glare:

ETA: I knew it was referring to s3xual relations with people in other relationships, I just didn't realize I was a letter off....

• Like 4

oh, no, no, no.

I would have told her. I just could not let that one stand, esp in case she used it in front of the youth group.

that is mortifying. I mean, the phrase doesn't bother me per se, but using it when you so clearly don't know to what it refers...that is mortifying.

• Like 5

oh, no, no, no.

I would have told her. I just could not let that one stand, esp in case she used it in front of the youth group.

that is mortifying. I mean, the phrase doesn't bother me per se, but using it when you so clearly don't know to what it refers...that is mortifying.

I agree, and I still feel bad all these years later for not saying anything. I wasn't sure how to go about it and it was just too awkward of a conversation to begin.

I had a coworker who would say "well, (insert machinery name or anything that messed up) blew its load." The first time I heard her say that my eyes got really big and it took every once of my being not to burst out laughing. Example: Well, the printer blew its load. 

• Like 4

I had a coworker who would say "well, (insert machinery name or anything that messed up) blew its load." The first time I heard her say that my eyes got really big and it took every once of my being not to burst out laughing. Example: Well, the printer blew its load.

Oh, this has me laughing so hard I can't catch my breath...

• Like 3

Don't feel bad. I once told someone that my lawn care men would come over and plow me in the middle of the night if there had been a large snow storm. Thankfully, she restrained her laughter. She knew what I meant--those with POTTY MINDS giggled. (POTTY.MINDS!)

• Like 6

Oh my. :o :o :o

Don't feel bad. I once told someone that my lawn care men would come over and plow me in the middle of the night if there had been a large snow storm. Thankfully, she restrained her laughter. She knew what I meant--those with POTTY MINDS giggled. (POTTY.MINDS!)

:smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5: THIS IS FANTASTIC!

• Like 2

Just checking in this morning to say I'm still LOLing about this.

I tried to tell DH about it and I couldn't even talk.

Did she know what it meant?

• Like 1

Not that I would ever use that phrase, but I thought it had more to do with intestinal distress.  Yeah, I'm old that way. 

• Like 3

OH! MY! GOODNESS!

I grew up with that song and I always thought it was OTHER PEOPLE'S PROPERTY.

For real.

I'm thinking, somewhere along the way, someone lied to me.

I feel so betrayed....

:glare:

ETA: I knew it was referring to s3xual relations with people in other relationships, I just didn't realize I was a letter off....

If it makes you feel better, me too! I thought the same thing. I'm wondering if there was a "clean" version of the song or something?

Other people's [cat]. According to Urban Dictionary:

"It is asking the listener if he/she is willing to have s*xual relations with a person who is known to already have a boyfriend or girlfriend."

Ok, I feel so ignorant and sheltered now! I know that song and could even sing along to parts of it if I heard it now, but I had no idea what it meant.

:hurray: :lol:

Ok, I feel so ignorant and sheltered now! I know that song and could even sing along to parts of it if I heard it now, but I had no idea what it meant.

I've never even heard the song before, I just know how to look it up with risks of permanent scarring (urban dictionary). I did sing some Baby Got Back lyrics in front of a teacher once and after he scolded me he refused to tell me what it meant.  :lol:

• Like 2

Urban Dictionary is very useful, and thankfully it often doesn't include images.  Googling a term can include images you cannot erase from your mind.

Urban Dictionary has a limited usefulness, as some of the definitions are completely made up and don't necessarily reflect real usage. Take them with a grain of salt.

Urban Dictionary has a limited usefulness, as some of the definitions are completely made up and don't necessarily reflect real usage. Take them with a grain of salt.

Yes, but there is usually more than one definition and you can get a good feel for it.

• Like 1

Dh knew what OPP means.

But he didn't know what MILF meant.

Just the opposite of me.

This whole thread is reminding me of another one where people get idioms confused....my favorite and one dh and I use to each other all of the time is what SHOULD be "you're preaching to the choir" some posters boss would say as "you are b$$ching to the chorus".

I'm kind of surprised more people didn't know what OPP stood for, since the lyrics spell it out pretty clearly ("another way to call a cat a kitten," etc.). In the latter part of the song, the P refers to the male anatomy.

I remember the song, but never listened closely enough to catch anything beyond the "Down with OPP? Yeah, you know me" part.

Also, anyone who was the target audience for American Pie was young enough at the time it came out that the implications would have likely flown right over their heads.

• Like 1

I disagree, for slang terms and phrases it is a great resource. It's the first place I go when I hear a new questionable slang term I don't know while spending time on the internet. 

It sure beats googling said term and getting visual images of the words current usage.

• Like 6