Menu

KTGROK NEEDS OUR VOTES -- This is BIG! She's a Top 10 Finalist in the Harlequin Writing Contest! VOTE DAILY!

Catwoman

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's letting me vote once per 24 hr-ish period, not once per calendar day.

:iagree: That's what I've found as well. If I vote at night, I can't vote the next morning — it says I already voted that day. I have to wait until roughly the same time the next night. I've gotten in 3 votes so far.

Voted 3rd time! How are you doing in the standings, do you know, Katie?

No, there is no way to know. I guess they want to keep us in suspense. The one Irish contestant was featured on a blog, and in the largest Irish daily newspaper's entertainment section, so that doesn't bode well. But...random people reading the paper won't be as loyal as you guys!

If I win this, the win goes to the Hive, for sure!

No, there is no way to know. I guess they want to keep us in suspense. The one Irish contestant was featured on a blog, and in the largest Irish daily newspaper's entertainment section, so that doesn't bode well. But...random people reading the paper won't be as loyal as you guys!

If I win this, the win goes to the Hive, for sure!

O.k., everyone!  Start preparing your acceptance speeches!   :thumbup:

Yeah, I realized I have to vote after 10 PM.

Only a couple more days!

I loved looking around at all the categories they publish!

Katie's is in "Special Edition" --- Harlequin Special Edition features relatable characters who strike a chord with the reader regardless of the book's setting or plot points.

I thought it would fit in Heartwarming --- Wholesome contemporary romances that celebrate traditional values, strong communities, family connections and true love.

I was surprised Medical Romance was a category! --- Intense and uplifting romances set in the medical world. Experience the breath-taking rollercoaster of emotions, ambitions and desires of today's medical professionals.

Yeah, I realized I have to vote after 10 PM.

Only a couple more days!

I loved looking around at all the categories they publish!

Katie's is in "Special Edition" --- Harlequin Special Edition features relatable characters who strike a chord with the reader regardless of the book's setting or plot points.

I thought it would fit in Heartwarming --- Wholesome contemporary romances that celebrate traditional values, strong communities, family connections and true love.

I was surprised Medical Romance was a category! --- Intense and uplifting romances set in the medical world. Experience the breath-taking rollercoaster of emotions, ambitions and desires of today's medical professionals.

Heartwarming is definitely a category I'd consider, and feel I fall into, but my book isn't long enough. Paradise Found is 56K words, Heartwarming stories start at 70K . So, Special Edition for me, which is kind of a catch all category. 

And yes, LOTS of categories! It's part of the draw, is that each category has a certain feel, so people will buy the new ones out each month, knowing what they are going to get. So even though I would be an unknown name, people who like Special Edition will (theorectically) buy the book. You don't get that in other publishing houses. Now, the downside is, they may not remember my name even after reading it...but I'll take that for now. Some authors do build up a name and a following, after a while. Nora Roberts even started there. 

Guest submarines

I voted yesterday, but when I tried to vote this morning, it ad a message up as if

i had already voted.

i was not on the computer last night at all.

I think it is not set by calendar dates, but by the 24 h periods.

I've been voting from home and from the office - you should be getting some views from the UK/Scotland.

Yes - there's at least one boardie in the Netherlands.

L

yes, definitely getting hits from the UK! In fact, these are the top places. I also think there are two fro Barbados, 1 from Honk Kong, and I forget where else. 

EntryPageviews

United States - 1406

Canada 51

United Kingdom 45

South Africa 23

Australia 17

Netherlands 12

New Zealand 6

Ireland 4

Belgium 3

India 3