Menu

2015 College acceptances - is this where it goes?

momofkhm

Finally over with. Now to concentrate on school and graduation:)

Accepted:

TULANE-presidential honors 32,000 x 4 but with tulane at 68k per yr this isn't happening

UCLA,UCSD,UC DAVIS, and Uc Santa Barbara REGENTS SCHOLAR W honors and scholar housing

UNIVERSITY OF PORTLAND-presidential scholar 28k/year

ASU- presidential scholar w merit (forgot how much)

UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO- waitlisted:(

STANFORD-rejected.

Will now have to work out the finances, but unless university of chicago admits her, UCLA is most likely going to be it.

Now I'm settling into the fact that college is a few months away. (Not) can't help but catch myself daydreaming about earlier years gone too fast.

Congrats to all!!!

• Like 26

Now I'm settling into the fact that college is a few months away. (Not) can't help but catch myself daydreaming about earlier years gone too fast.

This is me.  I am so excited for my dd and so sad for me.  I am going to miss her terribly.  I am going to hide my tears on move-in day and just be happy for her.  When we get in the car to go home without her, I will lose it.  (wiping away tears as I think about it - yes, I'm sappy)

• Like 9

I am going to hide my tears on move-in day and just be happy for her.  

Uh, good luck with this.  Both hubby and I tried hard, but there were slip ups.  There still are at times.

We ARE happy for them, but it's a big part of our life that's over too.  (sigh)

• Like 9

Two of mine applied to one college. The third applied to one college early action, was told they wanted to see his fall semester CC grades, and then spent Christmas reluctantly filling out five more apps. (He had the backup colleges picked out, but this was so stressful that he got pretty sick.) In the end, the first uni accepted him but he was able to use the financial aid information from the others (who all accepted him as well) in order to get the first college to give him more scholarship money, so it worked out ok. Mine found "perfect fit" colleges which didn't really have equivalents, so it didn't make sense for them to apply other places. Oldest said this-or-I-will-continue-working. Middle one had wanted a particular major in mind, one that resulted in only one good choice in our area. Youngest wanted a particular major, a particular academic structure, and to be nearby, also resulting in only one good choice. It made the picking easy, but it made the application process harrowing.

Congrats to everyone!

We are waiting to hear if our extra child (really an adult lol) was accepted to the program she wanted.

Nan

• Like 6

My kids applied to one - ONE - college each.  If that didn't work out, they were going to go to community college.

I feel like such a slacker.  (LOL)

Congratulations on all the acceptances!

I only applied to one college (Texas A&M) back in the day too... Looking at these threads make me wonder why... I could have been SO burned!

• Like 1

I don't have a senior this year. In fact, I'm now "retired" from homeschooling, since my youngest is off doing his freshman year of college. But I wanted to chime in on the number of colleges applied to discussion.

My daughter applied to one school, because she was in an unusual situation and there was only one college that was a possibility. She was admitted, attended the college and graduated four years later.

My son applied to 11, because he was interested in a specific kind of school and knew he needed to be admitted not only to the college but to programs that required auditions. Because all of the schools he liked were small-ish, private liberal arts colleges -- and we cannot afford to pay that kind of tuition -- he also needed to get significant aid in order to attend. I felt very strongly that I wanted him to be able to choose his school. We began the process with the hope that, once the college entrance and audition and financial stuff was all done, he would have at least three colleges that had admitted him to both the school and the program and were offering him enough aid to make it possible for him to attend.

He was admitted to nine of the 11 schools and admitted to the program(s) of his choice at most of those, but most did not offer enough aid. Out of 11 schools, he ended up with exactly the three realistic options I had hoped he would have. 

So, I'm glad he did cast a wider net, but I don't think it's necessary for every student.

• Like 4

I don't have a senior this year. In fact, I'm now "retired" from homeschooling, since my youngest is off doing his freshman year of college. But I wanted to chime in on the number of colleges applied to discussion.

My daughter applied to one school, because she was in an unusual situation and there was only one college that was a possibility. She was admitted, attended the college and graduated four years later.

My son applied to 11, because he was interested in a specific kind of school and knew he needed to be admitted not only to the college but to programs that required auditions. Because all of the schools he liked were small-ish, private liberal arts colleges -- and we cannot afford to pay that kind of tuition -- he also needed to get significant aid in order to attend. I felt very strongly that I wanted him to be able to choose his school. We began the process with the hope that, once the college entrance and audition and financial stuff was all done, he would have at least three colleges that had admitted him to both the school and the program and were offering him enough aid to make it possible for him to attend.

He was admitted to nine of the 11 schools and admitted to the program(s) of his choice at most of those, but most did not offer enough aid. Out of 11 schools, he ended up with exactly the three realistic options I had hoped he would have. 

So, I'm glad he did cast a wider net, but I don't think it's necessary for every student.

Encouraging your son to apply to 11 schools sounds just right for his situation. He ended up with three viable offers, and that's a nice number to choose from. I bet it would have been a harder decision if all 11 had come through with offers that you could afford.   In your son's case, he was casting a wide enough net to give him some choices without going into the 'I'm just trying to see how many schools I can get accepted to' territory.    For me, it's not about the number of schools a kid applies to as much as it is the reasoning behind applying to many schools. If it's just for bragging rights, it's annoying. 

Have you been to a graduation party where the parents display all the acceptances? It's becoming a 'thing' here. There is a huge board that has a bold list of all the schools accepted to (and often scholarship amounts) and lots of parents even display all the acceptance letters. And then they make a big deal out of 'revealing' which school their kid is going to attend. It's like a gender reveal but with colleges. It's bizarre. And braggy. 

• Like 4

Encouraging your son to apply to 11 schools sounds just right for his situation. He ended up with three viable offers, and that's a nice number to choose from. I bet it would have been a harder decision if all 11 had come through with offers that you could afford.   In your son's case, he was casting a wide enough net to give him some choices without going into the 'I'm just trying to see how many schools I can get accepted to' territory.    For me, it's not about the number of schools a kid applies to as much as it is the reasoning behind applying to many schools. If it's just for bragging rights, it's annoying. 

Have you been to a graduation party where the parents display all the acceptances? It's becoming a 'thing' here. There is a huge board that has a bold list of all the schools accepted to (and often scholarship amounts) and lots of parents even display all the acceptance letters. And then they make a big deal out of 'revealing' which school their kid is going to attend. It's like a gender reveal but with colleges. It's bizarre. And braggy. 

Ick.

• Like 4

Barf.

• Like 5

Eww, no I have not been to one of those. Thank goodness.

Tacky tacky tacky.

It's as if the kid is going to grace the school with his or her presence.

• Like 3

Doesn't that put an awful lot of pressure on the student?  Although, now that I think about it, we did display middle one's letter.  It was a pretty thing and he had had this as a goal for a long time and it was a family party.  I included it on the giant board I made of photos and work samples and approval letters which I made to explain homeschooling to the family and to celebrate my son's accomplishments.  Underneath, we lined up all the books he had read.  We topped it all off with a giant smily balloon.  If it hadn't been a family party, I wouldn't have included any of that (except the balloon) but since it was family, we could truly celebrate without worrying about it seeming braggy.  There is no status invovled with being accepted to this particular college, anyway.  Graduating from there in the field, yes, but otherwise, nobody has ever heard of it.  And getting through high school was such a struggle for this son that graduating was a big deal.  I guess I'd have to say that it could be done in an icky way, or it could be done as a sort of and-the-next-step-is-this way, as part of other stuff.

Nan

• Like 10

Third DS only applied to one school this year. We had many more interesting things to do than multiple applications. Plus he fell in love with Christopher Newport University, and we knew he was competitive. He was admitted with scholarship money to their Leadership Program and he can't wait until fall.

Mom is happy. In-state tuition--we can graduate him debt-free! He adores the campus, he can study music performance and math, and he's an hour away from home. Why would we university-shop past that?

So if you guys are slackers, count me in.

SWB

P.S. And also, read this: http://www.amazon.com/Where-You-Not-Who-Youll/dp/1455532703[/quote

WONDERFUL!!!

• Like 1

Doesn't that put an awful lot of pressure on the student?  Although, now that I think about it, we did display middle one's letter.  It was a pretty thing and he had had this as a goal for a long time and it was a family party.  I included it on the giant board I made of photos and work samples and approval letters which I made to explain homeschooling to the family and to celebrate my son's accomplishments.  Underneath, we lined up all the books he had read.  We topped it all off with a giant smily balloon.  If it hadn't been a family party, I wouldn't have included any of that (except the balloon) but since it was family, we could truly celebrate without worrying about it seeming braggy.  There is no status invovled with being accepted to this particular college, anyway.  Graduating from there in the field, yes, but otherwise, nobody has ever heard of it.  And getting through high school was such a struggle for this son that graduating was a big deal.  I guess I'd have to say that it could be done in an icky way, or it could be done as a sort of and-the-next-step-is-this way, as part of other stuff.

Nan

Displaying the letter to the school the kid is attending is charming, not braggy. Displaying a dozen such letters is not charming.   Well, maybe there is a way to make a dozen acceptance letter charming but I haven't seen it yet. This has only been a trend here for two years, so who knows how it'll evolve.  I'm all for the displays with a kid's accomplishments but this probably bothers me because I'm not a big fan of over the top gender reveal parties and it's like that.

Your party sounds adorable- a kid who worked hard to achieve that goal should be celebrated! I love the addition of displaying all the books he had read!  I bet that looked pretty cool!  

The last one I went to, the host made a big deal out of marking a school off the list about every 15 minutes, until they were down to just a few.  After the third time the hostess stopped the party conversation to announce another school 'biting the dust', dh gave me the 'it's time to flee' look.  But it was like a train wreck and I was rubbernecking....we stayed until The School was revealed. 

• Like 10

Displaying the letter to the school the kid is attending is charming, not braggy. Displaying a dozen such letters is not charming.   Well, maybe there is a way to make a dozen acceptance letter charming but I haven't seen it yet. This has only been a trend here for two years, so who knows how it'll evolve.  I'm all for the displays with a kid's accomplishments but this probably bothers me because I'm not a big fan of over the top gender reveal parties and it's like that.

Your party sounds adorable- a kid who worked hard to achieve that goal should be celebrated! I love the addition of displaying all the books he had read!  I bet that looked pretty cool!  

The last one I went to, the host made a big deal out of marking a school off the list about every 15 minutes, until they were down to just a few.  After the third time the hostess stopped the party conversation to announce another school 'biting the dust', dh gave me the 'it's time to flee' look.  But it was like a train wreck and I was rubbernecking....we stayed until The School was revealed. 

For me it was displaying all the letters, the timed reveals, and the scholarship amounts that made it tacky. Displaying the one letter from the school to be attended sounds nice, along with significant work samples and books read. I like that.

• Like 8

All the decisions are in, and I was also accepted to Stanford (totally shocked and ecstatic!), Williams (early write), and Rice. (Rejected from Harvard, Penn, and Princeton.)

Thanks to the fantastic financial aid, I'll be deciding between Stanford and Columbia for next year. So blessed and excited! 

• Like 38

DD and I wasn't trying to set a record. As you can see we're both newbies to this whole experience. I wanted her to apply to 10-15 max. She had other ideas. She said that wasn't enough. She did most of the applications herself. Acting as guidance counselor this year was stressful, since I was clueless. DD is an overachiever and doesn't like to fail. I guess she was scared of rejection(she did get rejections) and trying to get in. She doesn't have the "best" gpa from the beginning of high school. She told me she might not get into any school she applied to. I myself didn't even know how many she applied to.(We were both surprised she got into some selective colleges) Colleges started spaming her so she just applied to apply. She paid for the fees herself. And yes it was stressful and timely on both on us. I didn't know the harm she caused applying to so many.Aside from choosing. I also didn't know that she would get accepted to so many. Like I said I was clueless about homeschooling and the college app process. And yes dd already declined a bunch of schools.Will I ever do this again? No. Now that I have my feet in the water, I know about the application process. My DS graduates next year and he knows what schools he wants to go to or is interested in. We're both a headstart on his college app journey. I wasn't a headstart on DDs college journey. I can't imagine going through the same thing next year. I learned my lesson this year. DD and I both could've saved time,anxiety, money and stress.

I also was told(which I didn't know) that colleges spam you, encourage you to apply, then deny or accept you to get more money or make it look more competitive. It's all about numbers. Wish I knew this earlier.

Congrats on everyone's acceptances.

• Like 9

My daughter is now a college graduate, so this information is some years old.  She applied to ten colleges. She applied widely because we are fairly low income, so financial aid offers would play a big role. Of the ten colleges she applied to, one was an Ivy League school. She was denied admission there; however, this school has a generous aid policy such that had she been accepted, it might well have offered the best aid. She applied to two highly selective liberal arts colleges (one offered admission, one put her on the wait list). Five other applications went to liberal arts colleges or small universities of varying selectivity. The final application went to our state university's honor college.

The financial aid offers of the eight accepting schools varied tremendously (up to about $14,000 dollars difference in the combination of out of pocket and loan payments for the academic year). Several of the private liberal arts colleges would have cost significantly less than our state university.

Since generous financial aid was necessary for my daughter, all but one of the ten colleges to which she applied were known for meeting 100% (or close to it) of the student's need. (The tenth college was added to her list after she attended a conference there and liked the campus. That particular college's financial aid offer contained $10,000 more in loans than any of of her other offers.) All of the colleges had adequate to excellent (most were at least good) departments in her field of interest.

She did not visit all of the colleges to which she applied (some she visited during spring break of senior year while waiting for news of acceptances; two others she visited when she was being considered for scholarships). She wrote a letter of inquiry and sent it to about thirty colleges during her 11th grade year; it was addressed to the chair of the department she was interested in. The replies she received and research online helped her determine the colleges she ultimately applied to.

My daughter and some other local homeschoolers went through a high school completion ceremony at a homeschooling resource center turned charter school at which she took many classes from 7th grade on.  Each graduate had a table that they could decorate as they saw fit.  My daughter put up a poster board with various photos, articles, and papers from her time homeschooling.  She also included the letter of acceptance of the college she went on to attend.  (She did not post the others!)

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 12

By the way...

I didn't mean to imply that I recommend only applying to one college! That's actually a terrible plan if you're set on college in the fall. I should have added that DS had an alternate plan for next year, which involved taking advantage of a couple of other opportunities and then re-applying to five or six more schools for Fall 2016. We would never have applied to only one school if he'd been dead set on college or nothing, but he felt like this particular school or a year off working/travelling were his best options.

Oldest DS applied to five colleges. He got three acceptances, one wait-list, and one rejection. One of the colleges was a safety, two were reasonable chances, and two were reaches. He graduated from the University of Virginia in May 2014.

Second DS did the community-college-into-state-school route that's available to us here in Virginia (keep a 3.5 at community college and get your A.A., and you can transfer into any Virginia state school at the same tuition rate. FANTASTIC deal). He's in his junior year at Virginia Commonwealth University.

As you can see, I'm a fan of the Virginia university system. :)

SWB

My three had viable alternative plans to their one app as well. One was in an apprenticeship and all three took classes at the community college. Continuing there was plan C. I guess I do think that one early app with a good backup plan in case of rejection or delay is a good way to go if you are very sure of your one. It is stressful but the simplicity is appealing. As others have pointed out, though, at 17yo, six months is still a significant portion of their lives, a time of fast growth and changing plans, so this approach is risky if you aren,t very sure of your one. Mine picked nonstandard colleges, so it was easier to be sure. In youngest,s case, we checked with the college in question to be sure he would have time to apply regular decision to other colleges. They thought about it a bit and then said yes, barely.

Nan

• Like 2

OK, we can add an acceptance to University of Utah. But, unfortunately a rejection from USNA. My son is handling it really well. It has proven to me just how much he has learned and matured through this stressful process. At this time he plans to re-apply next year. Now to decide what  the best choice is for the 2015-16 school year :-)

So, to update:

Accepted:

Texas A&M

University of Colorado at Boulder

University of Arizona (Honors College)

Virginia Tech.

University of Utah

Rejected:

USNA

• Like 25

OK, we can add an acceptance to University of Utah. But, unfortunately a rejection from USNA. My son is handling it really well. It has proven to me just how much he has learned and matured through this stressful process. At this time he plans to re-apply next year. Now to decide what  the best choice is for the 2015-16 school year :-)

So, to update:

Accepted:

Texas A&M

University of Colorado at Boulder

University of Arizona (Honors College)

Virginia Tech.

University of Utah

Rejected:

USNA

Celebrating the acceptances with you.  I am sorry about the USNA but I think it's wonderful that he is going to reapply. 

• Like 7

My son got his final acceptance today--Stevens Institute of Technology. So he applied to five schools, was accepted to four of them, and was waitlisted at the fifth.

ETA: His scholerships totaled $200,000 over four years.

Ds also got accepted at Stevens.  Did you receive the financial aid info yet?  Other colleges ds got into sent their financial aid package a few days after the acceptance letter.

• Like 7

Ds also got accepted at Stevens.  Did you receive the financial aid info yet?  Other colleges ds got into sent their financial aid package a few days after the acceptance letter.

Yes, it was extremely inconspicuous.  Look at the admission letter in your son's account with them.  Then go all the way to the bottom and it says "The following letters are available for this account."  And there is the acceptance letter, which it informs you is displayed, and the "financial award letter."  

I hope this helps and that you get good news!

• Like 2

Yes, it was extremely inconspicuous.  Look at the admission letter in your son's account with them.  Then go all the way to the bottom and it says "The following letters are available for this account."  And there is the acceptance letter, which it informs you is displayed, and the "financial award letter."  

I hope this helps and that you get good news!

Thank you!  He did get some money, similar in amount to another school in consideration so tuition won't play a big factor in the decision-making.  

Best wishes also to your son!

My godmother is 79, so it was over 60 years ago when she applied to college and decided where to attend. She was accepted to some very prestigious colleges (7 sisters). She greatly disappointed her mother by rejecting those schools in favor of a school where she could bring her horse (Sweet Briar College). Her mother had her acceptances framed and hung them in the foyer of their house so that when her mother's friends came to visit they would see she'd been accepted to the most prestigious schools a woman could hope to attend at the time. 

There have always been parents that couldn't keep themselves from being too competitive or braggy. Perhaps today, we've begun to see the behavior as normal. 

• Like 1

By the way...

I didn't mean to imply that I recommend only applying to one college! That's actually a terrible plan if you're set on college in the fall. I should have added that DS had an alternate plan for next year, which involved taking advantage of a couple of other opportunities and then re-applying to five or six more schools for Fall 2016. We would never have applied to only one school if he'd been dead set on college or nothing, but he felt like this particular school or a year off working/travelling were his best options.

Oldest DS applied to five colleges. He got three acceptances, one wait-list, and one rejection. One of the colleges was a safety, two were reasonable chances, and two were reaches. He graduated from the University of Virginia in May 2014.

Second DS did the community-college-into-state-school route that's available to us here in Virginia (keep a 3.5 at community college and get your A.A., and you can transfer into any Virginia state school at the same tuition rate. FANTASTIC deal). He's in his junior year at Virginia Commonwealth University.

As you can see, I'm a fan of the Virginia university system. :)

SWB

I hadn't considered the AA and transfer option because we live so far from VA, even though I'm still a resident (military family). But I suppose if I found a school with reasonable housing options in the area it might be something to consider. Hmm I may need to look at that particular permutation.

• 2 weeks later...

Ds just finalized his financial aid for fall, no loans, only merit and need-based aid. He was offered a loan, but declined it. I'm really proud of him because it was not a small amount and he always has a running list of wants. He had no hesitation in declining. We discussed that if he transfers later, he'll probably have to take some loans. At least the first year is covered. I'm relieved and he actually seems to be in a good mood about it, saying a lot for my very stoic child. 

• Like 28

Ds just finalized his financial aid for fall, no loans, only merit and need-based aid. He was offered a loan, but declined it. I'm really proud of him because it was not a small amount and he always has a running list of wants. He had no hesitation in declining. We discussed that if he transfers later, he'll probably have to take some loans. At least the first year is covered. I'm relieved and he actually seems to be in a good mood about it, saying a lot for my very stoic child. 

:party:

• Like 3

Congrats to all your kids on their acceptances. 

That was extremely wise of your son. Congrats to him and you. 

I hadn't considered the AA and transfer option because we live so far from VA, even though I'm still a resident (military family). But I suppose if I found a school with reasonable housing options in the area it might be something to consider. Hmm I may need to look at that particular permutation.

To take it a step further. You could look to see if your child could use AP and DE credit (and CLEP) to help your child finish the AA degree and CC time faster. I guess this would only apply if your child wants to maximize time at the 4-year school. No clue if this would work, but it looks like it might. I randomly picked a VA CC off the internet  and it said at least 25 percent of the degree must be earned at the CC. Here is what I found. http://sw.edu/catalogs/edservdiv/ 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting....

Child applied to two universities, one was meant as a backup and was considered a sure thing, the other one. more prestigious, is not a given. Well, even the backup is not giving an answer! So we're starting to stress.

And I don't get it. With an 800 in math and 710 in reading on the SAT, a 4 on AP chemistry and a 5 on AP physics, a GPA of 3.48 (out of 4) and 3 AP courses this year, we both expected an easy entry to the backup university.

And it was hard to look elsewhere. Both of these universities are local, same city, and will cost about 3K/year each. Yes 3,000$ a year. It was hard to justify applying elsewhere. 

Still waiting, sigh...

• Like 2

Still waiting....

Child applied to two universities, one was meant as a backup and was considered a sure thing, the other one. more prestigious, is not a given. Well, even the backup is not giving an answer! So we're starting to stress.

And I don't get it. With an 800 in math and 710 in reading on the SAT, a 4 on AP chemistry and a 5 on AP physics, a GPA of 3.48 (out of 4) and 3 AP courses this year, we both expected an easy entry to the backup university.

And it was hard to look elsewhere. Both of these universities are local, same city, and will cost about 3K/year each. Yes 3,000$ a year. It was hard to justify applying elsewhere. 

Still waiting, sigh...

Wow. Hang in there!  :grouphug:

Still waiting....

Still waiting, sigh...

Yikes! I wouldn't be able to sit back and wait. I'd be nudging my kid to contact the schools and ask about status.  You sound WAY more patient!!

• Like 1

Yikes! I wouldn't be able to sit back and wait. I'd be nudging my kid to contact the schools and ask about status.  You sound WAY more patient!!

Oh I am!! (nudging my kid) I can't stand it.

But said kid doesn't seem to care all that much, honestly. And it's time for me to step back and let kid handle it...

Once in a while I come here to live vicariously through your various posts and dreaming about the day I get to post mine.

• Like 6

Still waiting....

Hang on a second, I said I'd wait for you!  Go and have a gin and tonic and leave the waiting to me...

Sorry this is taking so long - although we had conditional offers in by now last year, we didn't know for sure until July, so I do know what it's like.

• Like 4

Still waiting, sigh...

Do they have a deadline when you're sure you'll know by?  Does youngun' have a Plan B if neither place works out (job for a year, gap year in general, etc)?  Sometimes thinking about the alternative can inspire them to start doing follow up on Plan A.

• Like 1

Hang on a second, I said I'd wait for you!  Go and have a gin and tonic and leave the waiting to me...

Sorry this is taking so long - although we had conditional offers in by now last year, we didn't know for sure until July, so I do know what it's like.

You waiting in my stead and the gin and tonic did help for a while. But I've got to admit, less and less... We've had zero communications from the universities. Nothing, nada. Except a note on the website that says "we're thinking about it."

I'm starting to think about figuring out a plan B. Problem is that deadlines have passed for all other schools.

• Like 1

You waiting in my stead and the gin and tonic did help for a while. But I've got to admit, less and less... We've had zero communications from the universities. Nothing, nada. Except a note on the website that says "we're thinking about it."

I'm starting to think about figuring out a plan B. Problem is that deadlines have passed for all other schools.

Is this common for Canadian universities?  Dd is thinking of applying to one - if they took this long to answer, she'd have to go elsewhere, as everywhere in the US, they have to know before now...  that is so frustrating!!

• Like 1

That stinks.  More G&Ts.

Is this common for Canadian universities?  Dd is thinking of applying to one - if they took this long to answer, she'd have to go elsewhere, as everywhere in the US, they have to know before now...  that is so frustrating!!

Yes and no. It's usually between start of March and end of April. Homeschoolers take longer, so we were told by type-A university that no decision would be taken before end of May at the earliest.  Backup university was expected to give an answer in March though....   They have till the end of June though, both of them.

Yes and no. It's usually between start of March and end of April. Homeschoolers take longer, so we were told by type-A university that no decision would be taken before end of May at the earliest. Backup university was expected to give an answer in March though.... They have till the end of June though, both of them.

Gah. How do they get any US students? Do you think they'd give US homeschoolers as tough a time as Quebec is ones (I know you've had a hard time homeschooling there at all...) Because of course it's my home schooled dd who's interested in the school in Montreal...

Oh my goodness!!

DS has been accepted to Washington & Lee!  He was originally waitlisted.

He also received a sizeable grant.  I will be calling tomorrow to find out the details of that grant.

:party:

• Like 1

Not sure if it counts here, because ds is graduating from a private school, not homeschool....

But he was homeschooled from preK through 7th grade!!  I know it made a huge difference!

Anyway, he got into 3 of 4 schools:

• Baylor Univ - University Scholars program
  • Texas A&M - Honors
  • Univ of Richmond
  • [not: Davidson College]

He's headed to Baylor in the fall.  :)

• Like 24