Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

momofkhm

2015 College acceptances - is this where it goes?

choice #1 said yes! Notoriously hard to get into faculty, known to frown upon homeschoolers (mostly because of the lack of real lab experience) , offered acceptance with no conditions! Woohoo! I'm over the moon!

Brilliant! I'm so happy for you!

WOW!!!!

(Yes, I know all caps is yelling.)  :D

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

Wigs have come a long way. You can find a nice one until your hair grows back.

Been following you, Cleo, as my husband is from Quebec. So thrilled for you!!! Mine are still itty bitty, but I hope you'll continue to post. :)

Been following you, Cleo, as my husband is from Quebec. So thrilled for you!!! Mine are still itty bitty, but I hope you'll continue to post. :)

ooh, wow. thanks!

I will still be around. I still have one kid at home. 2 or 3 more years to go (depending on which way she goes)

so to finish the saga: Offers from Concordia University and McGill University. No financial aid but who cares. It's less than 4K a year. All three faculties where applications were made said yes. The final choice is McGill in Biology

Congratulations to your son and to you, Cleo!  I hope that he has a wonderful experience at McGill.

Regards,

Kareni

Latest news: a full year of credits awarded due to APs. Now dealing with a year 1 student instead of a year 0!

(locally, our university degrees are 3 years instead of 4, but that's because we have two years of cegep - more or less community college, after high school.

High school ends in grade 11, then 2 years of Cegep, and 3 years of university

US is grade 12 (one extra year), and 4 years of university (one extra year). Those extra years got moved to cegep. Americans coming here have to register in year 0. Local students start in year 1.

Long story short, I managed somehow to bring my kid to the end of cegep! Woohoo me! ;)

I'd forgotten about this thread as I haven't posted here in so long. But as this forum witnessed so much of my sons' educations ...

Oldest began his classes at the University of Dallas today, from which he has received a very nice merit scholarship. I wasn't sure at first, but after orientation I believe it is the perfect place for him.

He was accepted to every college he successfully applied to.