Menu

The people on this forum have got to be the rudest

SoCalLynn

on any forum I've ever been on. Seriously, some of you will argue over the word "the." You post your opinions about things that haven't been asked, and then wonder why others take offense or call you out on it, and then, oh boy! watch out for the claws.

Best wishes. I will not be back.

I have actually found people on this board to be very compassionate. Often times people disagree however I don't think as a general rule anyone means to be hurtful. Disagreeing is fine. Expressing a different viewpoint is fine. I don't think people are being rude I think it is just that when it is online instead of in person it sometimes comes across differently than is meant. Please, stick around and see if possibly you might be misunderstanding people. Whatever you decide I wish you the best.

on any forum I've ever been on. Seriously, some of you will argue over the word "the." You post your opinions about things that haven't been asked, and then wonder why others take offense or call you out on it, and then, oh boy! watch out for the claws.

Best wishes. I will not be back.

What happened? She posted earlier today and everything seemed just fine. :confused:

She always seemed like a nice person to me, and I'm wondering what made her so upset tonight.

What did I miss? I must have missed something big.

What happened? She posted earlier today and everything seemed just fine. :confused:

She always seemed like a nice person to me, and I'm wondering what made her so upset tonight.

From the OP, it sounds like she's mad about how the news thread referenced earlier went down.

Nice not knowing you. Don't let the door hit...

Actually, I've been on a couple forums where you better not post unless you have kahoonas of iron.

Exactly.  This place is practically Romper Room compared to TrekBBS.  

From the OP, it sounds like she's mad about how the news thread referenced earlier went down.

Do you mean the part where she didn't realize Washington Post and WSJ are both considered conservative news sources, so she got angry with someone for suggesting them, while also suggesting the OP consider different angles?

ETA: That was a few days ago. I wonder what happened in the meantime?

Thanks -- I just found it. But that was days ago, right? And she has posted happy posts since then. (I just checked her profile because I got curious.)

Could she have been upset about something else?

Well, I have no idea what got her going, but I have been on this forum for 10 years and believe there are some of the most kind,caring and helpful people here. Do I agree with everyone and everything? Nope! But that is just how life works. When my oldest son died, the amount of love that I felt was amazing. Kind words, gifts for my kids, many donations and even somebody that traveled to my son's funeral. So, patootie on anyone who says people are nasty here!

Thanks -- I just found it. But that was days ago, right? And she has posted happy posts since then. (I just checked her profile because I got curious.)

I think she just went back to it and was mad about how it went. Her OP in this thread is similar to her post there. So, I think that was it.

She was being sarcastic and/or hyperbolic, lol.

That's good. I was also imagining someone saying they have the quinoa recipe when it's simply a quinoa recipe and...well...watch out!  :willy_nilly:

ETA: I missed the "hyperbolic" reference!

But the conservative news sources thread didn't have any arguing about the word "the" in it. Was she being sarcastic, or did this actually happen in a discussion outside of a grammar thread?

She was being sarcastic and/or hyperbolic, lol.

I agree, but wouldn't it be AWESOME if there was?