Menu

The people on this forum have got to be the rudest

SoCalLynn

OMG HYPERBOLIC!!!

And I *don't* mean relating to a parabola (ETA: YES, I mean hyperbola, I am trying to cut down on caffeine, cut me some slack, lol), FYI.

I once got chastised in a college class for using an alternative definition of a word to make my paper easier to write. True story.

I think she just went back to it and was mad about how it went. Her OP in this thread is similar to her post there. So, I think that was it.

I just read that thread and she certainly seemed angry, but the thread continued after she left and it didn't seem like anyone was continuing to address her posts at all.  But you're probably right about that being the topic, because she hasn't really been in any other arguments that I know of.

Maybe she writes a blog on modesty?

I was kind of wondering about that myself!!!

Thanks for posting the link.

Honestly, I didn't think that thread was so terrible. I can't imagine leaving a forum over something that minor (and brief.) And it seems so weird to wait so long afterward to get all upset and post a goodbye thread.

Oh well. I guess we will never know, but if anyone has heard from Lynn about why she left, I hope they will post it, because I am genuinely curious.

OMG HYPERBOLIC!!!

Love it.

Unfortunately I have been a little loose with my forum frisbee and cannot like it.

I shall have to pass the time until they return playing ways to leverage my yoga pants and ponytail into guacamole making opportunities.

And I *don't* mean relating to a parabola (ETA: YES, I mean hyperbola, I am trying to cut down on caffeine, cut me some slack, lol), FYI.

I once got chastised in a college class for using an alternative definition of a word to make my paper easier to write. True story.

See, and I think that should never happen! What if some doofy English prof had edited Shakespear? We would be missing something like a thousand marvelous words!

I just read that thread and she certainly seemed angry, but the thread continued after she left and it didn't seem like anyone was continuing to address her posts at all. But you're probably right about that being the topic, because she hasn't really been in any other arguments that I know of.

I was kind of wondering about that myself!!!

I didn't really read much vitriol in her posts. ;-)

But I did think it would be annoying to ask for conservative news sources and then have the third person to reply ask, rather pedantically, "Wouldn't you prefer to look at a variety of material to get a better picture?"

Thanks for posting the link.

Honestly, I didn't think that thread was so terrible. I can't imagine leaving a forum over something that minor (and brief.) And it seems so weird to wait so long afterward to get all upset and post a goodbye thread.

Oh well. I guess we will never know, but if anyone has heard from Lynn about why she left, I hope they will post it, because I am genuinely curious.

I thought in the grand scheme of things that thread in question was pretty tame, but the OP in this thread seemed pretty angry in the news thread which felt kind of unwarranted and like she was looking for a fight. Odd all around.

I do warn people I send here to get to know the board before jumping into the general chat section. We do have ingroup disagreements. We can get hot about it. We do end up laughing and making jokes to help even us back out or help us through a really heavy disagreement. Those long, seemingly disagreeable threads usually have ended up helping different people see other sides of an issue, lead to some good discussion as well, and some even reach legendary status that those that actually stick around will remember and joke about later. Heavens, there are people here that I used to butt heads with and I love them now...I know was a PITA at times. I learned and I grew as a person. Swan songs aren't necessary. There are ruder places on the internet. We are real here.