Menu

Pie!

Night Elf

I love apple pie . . . a la mode. My sil makes a yummy blueberry pie and I love that too. That one I can eat without ice cream but for me apple pie must have ice cream. I also love pumpkin, custard, and key lime. I like pie more than cake.

Cherry pie made with sour cherries freshly picked off a tree. That's what I get for my birthday every August. I didn't used to like cherry pie until we moved here with the accompanying cherry tree.

Mmmmm! There is no comparison between fresh cherries and canned cherry pie filling.

Key lime, strawberry, peach, or apple.  Or pumpkin.  Oh, and lemon meringue.  Coconut cream....

Does this remind you of Harold and the Purple Crayon, with the 9 kinds of pie and the hungry moose and the deserving porcupine?  We like to name our favorite nine kinds of pie when we read that part.  And now I want pie.  All nine kinds of pie....

In the summertime...Blueberry! I have one on my table right now for after dinner tonight. :)

blueberry.jpg

I'm drooling a little bit.

I love pie.

Dutch Apple

Pecan

Blueberry

Peach

Rhubarb

Pumpkin

I don't like meringue though so I generally don't eat lemon or lime pies.

I love pie...all kinds except anything that has "peanut" in the title. GAG! And yep, raison pie was a pioneer staple, apparently. It makes sense when you think about it. I prefer my pie topless or lightly topped with a crumble. I don't like crust much.

blueberry cream cheese whipped cream pie

not sure what it is called but it contains those things

This sounds very much like a dessert we ate when I was younger--affectionately called Blueberry Cream Cheese because that was what was in it. It was a shortbread-type crust, then a cream cheese/whipped cream filling--real cream whipped up and folded into the cream cheese mixture--all topped with blueberry goop. We used to make it in a 9 x 13 cake pan because even that much of it wasn't usually enough. My sister still makes this but I haven't had it in many years. Now I want some! :drool:

Tell us how it works, please!  :)

You find some pie loving friends and meet somewhat regularly. Everyone brings a pie. Everyone attempts to eat some of each pie. I fast that day until the meeting.

If you have insane friends like mine, you talk about the pies the entire time you're eating them. You vote on every pie (thumbs up or down . . . thumbs are always up. You keep a list so that you can begin each meeting with The Reading of the Pies. If you're greedy like us, a few people will bring two pies and you have to try more pie. Eventually you make crazy rules like

"A Pie must contain both crustage and fillage." You discuss t-shirts, but nobody ever actually makes them. You close the meetings singing "pie pie pie . . . " to the tune of taps . . . all the way through. The kids will play along until they get their pie, then disappear before you can discuss old business. They are embarrassed by the adults, but they REALLY want the pie. Little kids will participate with relish. Teens will slink off.

You kick out anyone who attempts to bring a grocery store pie or turn it into a generic 'dessert club.' When you cheat and roll out the Pillsbury crust you tell no one. You make a point of holding a meeting on Pi Day. Your friends who cannot cook either learn, or are excluded. Pie Club is not a charity!

I don't care for cooked fruit, but Coconut Cream and Chocolate Cream Pie are my favorites if they are done correctly. My latest craving is Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie - crust with a layer of ganache, then vanilla pasty cream and bananas topped with freshly whipped cream. It is heavenly!

You find some pie loving friends and meet somewhat regularly. Everyone brings a pie. Everyone attempts to eat some of each pie. I fast that day until the meeting.

If you have insane friends like mine, you talk about the pies the entire time you're eating them. You vote on every pie (thumbs up or down . . . thumbs are always up. You keep a list so that you can begin each meeting with The Reading of the Pies. If you're greedy like us, a few people will bring two pies and you have to try more pie. Eventually you make crazy rules like

"A Pie must contain both crustage and fillage." You discuss t-shirts, but nobody ever actually makes them. You close the meetings singing "pie pie pie . . . " to the tune of taps . . . all the way through. The kids will play along until they get their pie, then disappear before you can discuss old business. They are embarrassed by the adults, but they REALLY want the pie. Little kids will participate with relish. Teens will slink off.

You kick out anyone who attempts to bring a grocery store pie or turn it into a generic 'dessert club.' When you cheat and roll out the Pillsbury crust you tell no one. You make a point of holding a meeting on Pi Day. Your friends who cannot cook either learn, or are excluded. Pie Club is not a charity!

That sounds great! Hmmm, I wonder if we could start a group around here.