Menu

Birthdays suck

Rjmakmom

Ok, I am having a big ole pity party and you're all invited. I certainly can't post this on my FB page, because it is petty and I sound like a spoiled brat. It has been the suckiest birthday weekend ever. I spent the day at the grocery stores and Wal Mart, running kids around, got my leg caught in the car door, chased chickens (though that part is fun), did the dishes more times than I can count, my hubby is off trading guitars with some guy he was talking to on CL, my son is spending the night at my oldest son's house since he'll be getting home late, and I won't see him until sometime tomorrow afternoon, and to add insult to injury, I have to be at my church from 9-2pm waiting for people to maybe drop off donations for our spring festival. I was really, really hoping my hubby had made some kind of plans to take me out to dinner...or something...but nope. AND I got my freaking period this morning and have horrible cramps. So...everyone feel sorry for me - or better yet tell me to grow the hell up and act my (advanced) age. Pity party over.

I think you will feel a lot better if you can carve out some time for yourself. Enough of this "waiting for people to maybe bring donations" business. I get that you may not want to back out of that, but 2:01pm-bedtime is only for nice events for YOU. Pick the restaurant your DH will be bringing you too.  If you won't take care of yourself, who will????

Happy Birthday, Rjmakmom. You deserve better!

:party:

You are never too old to have a happy childhood or a Happy Birthday. Celebrate it next week and take everyone out to dinner. Let them know it's your birthday (make sure it's one of the places that bring a little cake and sing offkey). Sorry about your leg and all the rest. If we were there we would all sing, make you a cake, do your dishes, take the kids off your hands, and bring you flowers. Consider that virtually done! We all care. OOO

Sorry it's been such a junkie day. I usually hate my birthday, too. Although, come to think of it, since the birthday when my basement flooded a few years ago, the last couple boring birthdays haven't seemed quite as bad. :lol:

Really though, I know how stinky it feels to have very basic hopes and have them not work out.

Sorry. I was disappointed in mine this year, too, so I ordered myself a few things and then refused to cook dinner so we had to go out to eat. :)

I have learned that I have to make it happen. It's a bummer b/c I'd love for someone else to plan something nice for me, but it doesn't happen.

BTDT!!!! I'm a bit embarrassed to tell you how many times I had sucky birthdays and Christmases, oh and don't forget the awful Mother's Days.

A few years ago, I said ENOUGH!

I plan spectacular parties for myself or quiet dinners with the family--whatever I want! I get them caught up in the fun. In 2012 when I turned 40, I rented a laser tag arena and invited all my friends and their kids to play laser tag with me for breakfast. (Could only rent the whole place before 11.) There were over 50 of us.

Last year, at 41, it was a quiet dinner at my favorite restaurant with one other couple.

DH is completely clueless, but if I get the ball rolling, he'll go along. And I have to say, I've been having awesome celebrations ever since I took over.

So, big hugs for this yucky day, but vow to yourself: Never Again.

And plan for a wonderful dinner out either tonight, or if you need time to prepare, sometime in the next 7 days. Tell your DH to get you a present asap. (he could order it online so it arrives sometime in the next couple of weeks.)

I'm sorry it was a bad weekend! Have you had a talk with your husband about what you'd like to do? Pick a different day and go out or have dh and the kids cook for you...maybe make or buy a special dessert. My dh likes to have concrete suggestions. I hope this week is better for you!

I'm with garga...about 5 years ago, I decided to do what I want for my birthday. If I want a party, I plan it. If I want a haircut and a massage and dinner with sweetie, I make it happen. I always buy myself something I've had my eye on but couldn't justify any other time of the year. This year I spent some credit card points for a night in a hotel about an hour away, bought myself dinner, worked out and then after a hot bath, spent the evening reading and drinking wine and eating strawberries with a good book in the middle of a king-sized bed. All. By. Myself. My birthday gift to me was a beautiful pink Electra beach cruiser with hand painted flowers. I dearly love it. Make your birthday something you look forward to!! We all deserve one really special day of indulgence once a year.

Ok, I am having a big ole pity party and you're all invited. I certainly can't post this on my FB page, because it is petty and I sound like a spoiled brat. It has been the suckiest birthday weekend ever. I spent the day at the grocery stores and Wal Mart, running kids around, got my leg caught in the car door, chased chickens (though that part is fun), did the dishes more times than I can count, my hubby is off trading guitars with some guy he was talking to on CL, my son is spending the night at my oldest son's house since he'll be getting home late, and I won't see him until sometime tomorrow afternoon, and to add insult to injury, I have to be at my church from 9-2pm waiting for people to maybe drop off donations for our spring festival. I was really, really hoping my hubby had made some kind of plans to take me out to dinner...or something...but nope. AND I got my freaking period this morning and have horrible cramps. So...everyone feel sorry for me - or better yet tell me to grow the hell up and act my (advanced) age. Pity party over.

First, Happy Birthday.  Second, since it was so sucky, perhaps you don't count this one and do a "do-over" next year!  Forget this one and the benefit is that you are now "one year younger"!  :)

Hot Lava Mama

:grouphug:   Happy Birthday!!!!!

BTDT myself this year.  My bday was on Easter this year.  My husband didn't get me anything.  My kids didn't do anything.  My inlays got me a Duck Dynasty poster and a Duck Dynasty "book of wisdom" (or whatever it was…I dunno…it's in the trash now) AND a Duck Dynasty bday card.   :001_rolleyes: AND my cycle started that day too.  

:grouphug:   Happy Birthday!!!!!

BTDT myself this year.  My bday was on Easter this year.  My husband didn't get me anything.  My kids didn't do anything.  My inlays got me a Duck Dynasty poster and a Duck Dynasty "book of wisdom" (or whatever it was…I dunno…it's in the trash now) AND a Duck Dynasty bday card.   :001_rolleyes: AND my cycle started that day too.  

But this one gives years of retelling. :D  Next year a week of why I love Mom for writing, cards for art and a gift list for dh.