• Sonlight
    • Winter Promise
    • Bob Jones
    • Abeka
    • History Odyssey
    • TruthQuest
    • Ambleside Online
    • Other (please post)

...and for early American history, we're using Beautiful Feet. The two history courses are not correlated or connected w/each other at all. This is for ds in 5th and dd in 3rd.

I really like the little checkboxes on the polls in this new format! :)

Karen K. in Tx

My 2nd grader uses SOTW/AG - loves it. My 5th grader is starting to use History Odyssey. I'm probably in the minority here, but I downloaded the 3 week sample of TOG to use before Christmas with the kids....although I enjoyed that there was so much to pick from- it still felt like too much for me (personally) to try to pull together. DS (the 5th grader) loves History Odyssey and it's going well.

For elementary History, Story of the World is our all-time favourite!

For Australian History, we use 'Australia the Wide Brown Land for Me!' (yeh, yeh so I"m biased -seeings how I wrote it) ;)

For the upper levels, we're starting the 'ABCs of Christian Culture' this year; really looking forward to it, as it presents history from a Catholic perspective, and we can incorporate it with the TWISS / IEW writing lessons.

We have used STOW and liked it but got bogged down in the medieval period. I tried TOG to fix that but it didn't work for us. I love TOG and want to use it for High School.

Right now, since my children basically hated the whole medieval period and they don't like Columbus or the pilgrims either. We are just sort of exploring history through good books.

We are reading the D'Aulaire biographies, the American Girl book and a few other books about early America that you see on lists. We just finished The Courage of Sarah Noble.:)

Our 10 year old ds will be using Gombrich's history of the World after we have finished 'Our Island Story'. We also visit museums once or twice a week to help 'keep it real'.