Menu

What is on top of your fridge?

saraha

A bin for bread and dry snacks. A tray that won't fit in my cabinets which is presently holding several boxes of pasta and a jug of peanut oil that I can't fit in my limited cabinet space. An envelope with box tops for my nieces' school. Above that is a cabinet with cereal, oils and the worlds largest sized jug of molasses. On top of the cabinet you will find 2 pitchers and extra plates and 2 plastic lunch boxes from Silverwood amusement park.

Usually it is odd ball things that are stashed from my little one.   We have a cabinet above it, but there is also about 4" between the fridge and the cabinet.  Things I don't want to lose but don't want to put away yet live there.  Pictures, a movie, usually an insurance packet of some kind, etc

I've not heard of an egg steamer. Does it produce boiled eggs? Poached eggs?

L

Both, though I only use it for boiled eggs. The degree of doneness corresponds to how much water is added per egg. It came with a measuring cylinder, so nothing to figure out on my part.

I have very little counter space.  I keep the toaster oven on the fridge.  My DH tries to keep a crockpot up there as well, but I don't like the clutter, so I take it down and put it in the (unfinished, scary) basement with all the other kitchen appliances.  The kitchen is so small that I have to run up and down the stairs every time I cook dinner, and I don't even have very much kitchen stuff.  I could fall into the trap of having stuff jammed all over the kitchen, but then it gets totally overwhelming in the tiny space.

I would love a bigger kitchen.  But hey, at least I'm working off all the extra bites of food I eat while I'm cooking.  

Both, though I only use it for boiled eggs. The degree of doneness corresponds to how much water is added per egg. It came with a measuring cylinder, so nothing to figure out on my part.

They are amazing.  you poke a little hole in the egg using the measuring cylinder and they are cooked by steam so they are always easy to peel.  the steam gets between the egg and shell.  

If you buy one, look for a brand that turns itself off.  Mine doesn't.  

A basket for kid snacks, a few boxes of cereal, and, on top of the cupboard above the fridge, a variety of sharp things that have been used as swords/weaponry and are now confiscated (shish kabob skewers, a curtain rod, a large dowel, souvenir baseball bat, etc.)  Also some sparklers. 

We had a built in cabinet, made in the '60s, so we could never get a fridge over 60". We took off the doors and sawed off the bottom shelf. Then I painted it and it's full of cookbooks now. 

On the actual top of the refrigerator (in front of the cookbooks): cookbooks I'm decluttering (in the back under the shelf, you can't really see them), an iron tiered server my mother gave me that won't fit anywhere else (holds 2 plates), a bright red popcorn bowl, a pretty porcelain set of salt and pepper shakers, and a matryoshka doll measuring cup set. It sounds like a lot but it looks cute. The smaller items are included to vary the scale. I'm kind of stuck with the server and popcorn bowl up there.