Menu

Popping in to say "Hi"

Parrothead

I miss you guys!

School is going well.  I'm in my second semester, again taking six classes.  Homeschool is falling a bit behind. I made the traditional mistake of thinking dd was mature enough to follow a schedule on her own without me doing much checking behind.  I won't hold her back, but we will be working through the summer.

Work is going well.  Between the part time job and the running dd to all her performing arts lessons after school I'm kept jumping.  I am barely keeping up with my own drum and piano lessons. And with all the demands on my time, I'm up 10 pounds because we have been eating a lot of junk, processed and fast food. Ugh!

I hope everyone here is doing well.

I was thinking of you today. 6 classes, work, and homeschool! No wonder you haven't been around. I'm taking 4 classes and trying to keep ds on track. Be well, and be good to yourself. 

EL, I need to get this done so I'm not in school when dd goes to college, hence the push.  I'm hoping for six classes year round but we are supposed to build the cottage this summer.  I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up that schedule with a building project in the works too.

Chucki! I wondered where you were. Thanks for updating us.

Even though it's crazy, isn't it a bit heavenly to have your mind that engaged? :D

Ha!  It isn't the mind that is wearing me out.  The church I work for is a bit of a rabbit warren.  I'm up and down stairs and back and forth quite a bit.  Then from the church to the church office in the rectory.  it is a work out to deliver stuff to all the class rooms. And if I forget something, well, back into the tunnels I go. :lol:

Chucki! Good to see you, girl! Whew! I'm worn out just reading about how busy you are! Did you say drum AND piano? I'm very impressed. Don't forget to take time to take care of yourself, too. It's easy to forget that when you get so busy.

Thanks for checking in with your "imaginary" friends here! We miss you!

Yes, I got a drum kit for Christmas and then we were given a piano. We'd already had a keyboard that I'd been self-learning on since mid-summer.  Having learned to read music notation made learning the drums so much easier.  And while I'll always play at playing the piano, I love my drums. I spent all of my Christmas money (and then some) on new cymbals.  I've not replaced the original cheapy hi-hats.