Menu

When your husband gets home?

Ann.without.an.e

When your husband gets home  

272 members have voted

1. 1. When your husband gets home are you typically....

• Dressed up nice for him
    • Wearing descent looking "around the house" clothes
    • In yoga or sweat pants
    • In rags/work clothes
    • the unavoidable "other"

I'm wearing whatever I am wearing and that could be several things in the winter:

-PJs (which I don't usually wear to bed, they are lounge clothes) and a sweater.

-exercise gear if we just got back from a hike or something.

-jeans and a hoodie or sweater.

-slacks and a cardigan

FWIW, I have totally gone to see both my pastor's husband and my MIL in jeans and a hoodie.

When it is warmer I do wear a lot of skirts and dresses, sometimes with a hoodie too.

That said, my husband thinks I look nice in whatever. Love's blind and all that. ;)

I find the idea of dressing up for him when we are home odd. And dressing up to run around town with the kids? Not only NMS, it's not the woman my husband married either. He likes my messy hair and band t-shirts and battered converse.

I wear jeans and a (long sleeved now) t shirt every day. I have three pairs of jeans. Two are identical size, brand, color, and fit. The third is what I wear when the other two are dirty. I'm boring.

I used to wear civilized clothes.  then I had babies that spat up on me.  I live in jeans and t-shirts.   I rarely wear make-up (I had a NIGHTMARE eye infection about 20 years ago. my health has never been the same.  make-up is pointless if you're not wearing eye make-up.)

I do wear perfume regularly, and am starting to wear necklaces and earrings more.  I'm still in jeans (started buying colored ones) and shirts.  though, now that I only have one little one (and one more) at home, I'm trying to wear nicer pants.  at least when I go places.

I couldn't vote.  Often I'm the one coming home.  Sometimes I wear scrubs at work---perfectly acceptable here for an EM Physician.  Other days I wear what I guess people would consider business casual without any extra accessories and with an outfit selected to go with comfortable and stable shoes because accessories and cute shoes can get in the way of running codes in the ED.  I also make it a point to shower after work before coming in the house (so either in our physician suite at the hospital or in the bathroom above our detached garage depending) so I usually come into the house wearing clean scrubs or a simple blouse and dress slacks I put on after the shower.

When I'm home with the kids I wear a lot of comfortable skirts but I'll sometimes wear dress slacks. I feel comfortable and I wouldn't be embarrassed if someone dropped by or we had to run out for an unexpected errand.  It isn't the kind of outfit I would select if we were going out for the evening though.

Another whose dh does not keep normal hours.  When he goes to the office, he gets home at 6 am.  When he's doing a show - he acts in local theater a lot - he gets home at 11 or later sometimes.  Lately he works from home and he's not in a play right now, so there is no "getting home."  He has worked nights for more than a decade now and it's hard to remember before.

When I had one kid I was super mom.  House was clean, laundry folded and put away, floors mopped with a wash cloth enough to eat off (literally).  I looked SO good.  Now I have 2 and I am old (not really but I feel it) and someone is still sucking the life out of me to sustain hers.  So until that ends I love my sweats and yoga pants but hey at least they are victoria's secret sweats and yoga pants and if I am feeling really good I will even make sure that no one landed food or puke or paint or any other concoctions on me!  

My usual winter garb is Jeans, t-shirt and North Face micro-fleece.   They are nice jeans and my shirt/jackets color coordinate :0)  (I have at least 7 or 8 jackets), so it isn't the same one everyday. I consider them decent around the house wear, for our very casual PNW attire standards.    LOL

Sometimes I am still in my work clothes until I change into my sleep clothes which is slacks, black shirt and black cardigan.  

I change around 8 or 9pm into more casual yoga pants or fleece pants with a cotton hoodie that I sleep in. 

We're pretty much a "forever in blue jeans" family - except in summer, of course, when we wear shorts instead.  Hubby works from home, so is almost always in jeans - even when he goes out somewhere on a job site and often to township meetings.  He's an engineer.  Rural folks tend to not "trust" anyone in a suit, so the most he'll sometimes do if he needs to dress up is wear khakis or similar.  The last time he wore a suit was for our oldest's wedding - and we had to go buy him one.  ;)  He wears khakis or similar - business casual - to church.

I do wear slacks or colored jeans M-Th if I'm teaching at school (or Su when heading to church), but Fr is "jean" day at school, so almost all teachers wear blue jeans.  When I come home M-Th I immediately switch.  It would seem weird to do otherwise.

Sweats, for us, are only used as pajamas in the winter.  Neither hubby nor I like wearing them for everyday.  Our kids don't either.

We use older jeans/shirts for working outside in the barn or garden - "play clothes/"  We sometimes wear those in the house, but not often - esp if they got dirty outside. 

Generally, what I'm wearing in the house I'd be comfortable going out running errands in or wearing out to dinner anywhere around here (any price range is ok with casual clothes in our area).  I like it that way.

Well, I look at it this way. My DH loves me for who I am, not what I wear. I wasn't even dressed nicely when we met so it couldn't have been the clothes that attracted him. The most i dressed up was when i worked in an office and wore skirts and dresses. I'm okay with him coming home and not telling me I look nice. I get a huge hug and kiss, then he compliments the house, like he'll say that bathroom looks good. I like that he acknowledges I keep the house as clean as possible for us.

I'm typically in sweatpants or jeans and a tshirt, but no bOOkshelf. I hate those. He doesn't seem to mind that though.

Other, I suppose. I do not "dress up" to leave the house, really. When DH comes home, I am typically in regular day clothes - either a long skirt and fitted top w/flats, or jeans and flats. I do my makeup most days, so there's that, lol.

He does miss my skirts. I went to jeans for the cold season.

Four nights out of the week I get home from karate class 10 mins before him. I'm usually in jeans and a decent out-of-the-house shirt. If he came home early for some reason, he would find all of us in jammies. We get dressed when we go out of the house.

I work from home, so he's the one who comes home to me.  I could be in anything, really.  Sometimes I never did have time to shower and get out of my pajamas.  It depends on how busy I am at work.  

I prefer to be showered and presentable, but that's primarily because I prefer to be showered and presentable, generally speaking.  I do sometimes make an extra effort to look nice for him, but it's wasted effort.  He seems to think I'm the most beautiful woman in the world no matter what I have on.   :001_tt1: 

I voted "decent around the house clothes," but really I wear the same thing I wear any other day of the week- in or out of the house.  I don't really have at home clothes vs out of the house clothes.  You can find me in jeans and a cute shirt 99% of the time, whether I'm home or away.

It really depends on my mood, but I voted yoga pants.  Comfort is most important in our house and no one is ever "dressed" unless they're just about to leave or just got home.  Most days I'll wear decent looking active wear pants/capris and a tank top, sometimes a fold top cotton skirt.  Recently I started working out as soon as school is over for the day, like 3-3:30, so I'll be showered and in comfies when he gets home, assuming we aren't going anywhere.  I put on makeup almost every day though.  He doesn't care in the least, he didn't even own a pair of nice pants until a year after we met and were going on vacation in Vegas and I made him go shopping, he takes casual to a whole new level.  :)

Well, I look at it this way. My DH loves me for who I am, not what I wear. I wasn't even dressed nicely when we met so it couldn't have been the clothes that attracted him. The most i dressed up was when i worked in an office and wore skirts and dresses. I'm okay with him coming home and not telling me I look nice. I get a huge hug and kiss, then he compliments the house, like he'll say that bathroom looks good. I like that he acknowledges I keep the house as clean as possible for us.

I'm typically in sweatpants or jeans and a tshirt, but no bOOkshelf. I hate those. He doesn't seem to mind that though.

LOL! He doesn't mind that you aren't wearing a bOOkshelf? My dh would be thrilled if I wasn't wearing a bOOkshelf!!!!

I'm either teaching or taking dance classes 4 days a week right when he's getting home, so he sees me in dance/yoga pants and cotton cholis or fitted t-shirts on those days. It's more of an athletic look than a sloppy sweats look, so he rather likes it :-)

After class I shower and go right into flannel pjs. He really prefers the dancewear. When it's warm, my pajamas are WAAAAY cuter, but when it's cold I do not play around with fashion.