Menu

Peace Hill Press Cyber-Monday Sale

Hunter

I'm thinking of getting volume 4 audio. Some curricula that rely on vintage histories finish off their rotations with SOTW 4, even when they don't use the earlier volumes. I like that the whole series is now available for Kindle. I just wish the audio was available at Audible.com.

I don't know, though. I've been looking at a LOT of other stuff, too. Choices, choices.

I'm thinking of getting some Jim Weiss stuff. Do you know how long some of the recordings are? His site doesn't say for several of them, like Greek Myths for example. I'm not getting Henty at this point--I can tell those are the longer ones.

Can someone tell me, what is the advantage of the audios?

Someone else is reading aloud.

You can listen to it while driving (history on the road!).

Jim Weiss knows how to pronounce the weird names.

Note that I did SOTW without the audios, and it was fine. But I may pick them up at some point (not today... just picked up WWS 1 and 2 today).

Just UGH! a whole 40% off of the mp3 Story of the World audios. And I just promised someone I will not spend food money on books. Does that include mp3s? :lol: I didn't promise mp3s. they are not books, right?

Hmm, this will be the test of my new resolve to act responsibly. I'm going to take a shower at least, before I succumb to hitting "buy", and will try an hour at a time for more will power. What time does the sale end?

I LOVE the audios! My kids love listening to them for fun and they are great for car schooling!

I already own paper copies of almost everything, so I picked up .pdfs of student pages for everything. I still have a few kids to put through FLL, WWE, SOTW, and WWS so I am going to save a ton by printing versus going to make photocopies or buying additional workbooks. For my kid with vision issues, being able to modify things digitally is awesome!

I also picked up WWS2 in paper format. We probably won't get there until next fall, but this is a fantastic sale and I am glad to support PHP!

I can't even buy anything.  The website is acting really goofy.  I have hit place order button numerous times and its not going anywhere.  Then when I tried to register the country and state refuse to show up.  uuggh!!  Anybody else have a problem with the website today?

I can't even buy anything.  The website is acting really goofy.  I have hit place order button numerous times and its not going anywhere.  Then when I tried to register the country and state refuse to show up.  uuggh!!  Anybody else have a problem with the website today?

I had the same problems.  Earlier today it let me put in my address without logging in and told me shipping was free to Canada for the OPGTR set with the magnet boards.  Then when I came back later, it wouldn't let me add the country.  I finally logged in to my account and now it is saying my whole order is free?!?  I tried on Safari, Firefox and Chrome.  I have actually decided not to go ahead with the order for now, I'm just window shopping, but it is very puzzling!

Yes I did one order and it went through fine. After I figured out how to download the MP3 on my Ipad I went back to do another order and now its all crazy and wont let me checkout. It's 3am here and I don't want to go to sleep and miss the download sale since its only one day.

DS just woke up and threw up so I guess that will keep me busy and awake while I wait for the site to get fixed  :glare:

Do you mean SOTW? The advantage to my family is that my kids listen to them over and over, they practically have the stories memorized.

I was thinking SOTW and now I'm questioning both. 

Someone else is reading aloud.

You can listen to it while driving (history on the road!).

Jim Weiss knows how to pronounce the weird names.

Note that I did SOTW without the audios, and it was fine. But I may pick them up at some point (not today... just picked up WWS 1 and 2 today).

Thank you.

The SOTW audios is the text read by someone so I don't have to read it and kiddos can listen to again if necessary or desired, correct?

The Jim Weiss audios are stories that have been matched up with specific historical times to be most beneficial, correct?  Plus, they're just good stories too.

The SOTW audios is the text read by someone so I don't have to read it and kiddos can listen to again if necessary or desired, correct?

The Jim Weiss audios are stories that have been matched up with specific historical times to be most beneficial, correct?  Plus, they're just good stories too.

Jim Weiss does the SOTW audios also. They are normal audio books - Jim Weiss reads through the entire SOTW books, so your kids can listen and listen and listen. :)

Can anyone with issues please post what version of browser you are using by posting what you see at http://thismachine.info/. I am trying to figure out what is happening for some of you.

What's My setup? What browser am I using?

You appear to be using Chrome 31.0.1650.61.

I can put stuff into my cart, but then when I go to checkout, it's saying, "Your order has been qualified as "Free order" and does not require any charges."  But then clicking "Place Order" doesn't do anything, so I'm not able to get the products.

I got the site to work a couple of hours ago, no problem. I got WWS2, teacher and student editions, both in PDF form, for DD to use next year. I was already planning to get those, and the sale made it so that I was also able to get the first of the Creative Writer series to use with DD also (I had been considering those, but $8 for the PDF made it worth taking a shot!). Thank you, PHP!

I tried to order some mp3s but the checkout button just takes me to a page with a 'place order' button but no way to enter address information. When I try to register, the address fields don't drop down for country and state so it won't let me register.

You appear to be using Firefox 25.0.

What operating system am I using?

You appear to be using Mac OS X

Would love to call in an order but my phone was actually stolen this weekend and still haven't gone to buy a new one yet. This may be the worlds suggestion that I really didn't need to buy anything. I am okay with that too.

Can anyone with issues please post what version of browser you are using by posting what you see at http://thismachine.info/. I am trying to figure out what is happening for some of you.

If you are having problems with the checkout and would like to still place an order please feel free to call us at (877) 322-3445.

The 40% off downloads and 30% off shippable items + free shipping ends at 12pm EST tonight.

Different sale tomorrow.

-John

You appear to be using Firefox 25.0.

You appear to be using Windows 7

I can't checkout. When I click the "proceed to checkout" button, there are no boxes to fill in the billing, shipping, and payment information.

If you are having problems with the checkout and would like to still place an order please feel free to call us at (877) 322-3445.

The 40% off downloads and 30% off shippable items + free shipping ends at 12pm EST tonight.

Different sale tomorrow.

-John

The attachment shows what I am getting.  I am using Firefox right now, but I have tested it on Safari and Chrome with the same results.

post-2061-0-20046000-1386007566_thumb.png

I have tried on EI, firefox and chrome with the same issues.  Pages not loading, when I finally got it to the registration page there was no options for country or province-just a blank drop down box.  Primarily the issue is the pages are not loading right, so I can't actually view anything.  Like the first page I am getting only SOTW vol 1 is showing, and no other buttons working etc. The few times I have gotten to an item I want to order, everything is off the left so it is partially cut off with no lower scroll to move from left to right so I can't check it out properly/order it etc.

I haven't had any problems so far.  I did all downloads, though.  I am now eying the mp3 lectures - does anyone have an opinion on what's worth buying?

The joy of classical education or whatever it is called is awesome. Also Homeschooling the Real Child. The writing ones are good too.

I added an mp3 and two pdf's to my cart, but the checkout screen says "Your order has been qualified as "Free order" and does not require any charges." The place order button does nothing. ***I tried to buy a pdf two weeks ago, but I couldn't get the transaction to complete that time either.

I tried to register, but the registration process doesn't work because the state and country drop-down menus are empty, and it wouldn't let me register with the country blank.

I tried this in Safari 7.0 and Firefox.

You appear to be using Safari 537.71.

You appear to be using Mac OS X

Update! I waited thirty minutes and clicked the checkout button again, and everything worked this time! I got my downloads with no problems.