Menu

Anniversary of the great cupcake kerfuffle?

Mom in High Heels

I didn't participate in that thread (although I did read every post!!!), but I am going through a crappy time right now and cupcakes for all makes me smile. I am extremely pro cupcake and I think I may go to a speciality cupcake shop and buy myself one. Great plan!

I didn't participate in that thread (although I did read every post!!!), but I am going through a crappy time right now and cupcakes for all makes me smile. I am extremely pro cupcake and I think I may go to a speciality cupcake shop and buy myself one. Great plan!

yeah me too.  It's been a bad day.  I've already had ice cream to drown my sorrows... so probably shouldn't do a cupcake too. 

I found it!  Do you KNOW how many threads have the word "cupcake" in them?  I had to go through pages and pages!  It was August 10.  So, should we declare that Cupcake Kerfuffle Day?  I say cupcakes for all!

The thread got locked, but if you'd like a good read that just goes wacky, you can read it here:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/414832-birthday-cupcakes-at-ps-does-this-stick-in-your-craw-also/?hl=cupcake

I found it!  Do you KNOW how many threads have the word "cupcake" in them?  I had to go through pages and pages!  It was August 10.  So, should we declare that Cupcake Kerfuffle Day?  I say cupcakes for all!

The thread got locked, but if you'd like a good read that just goes wacky, you can read it here:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/414832-birthday-cupcakes-at-ps-does-this-stick-in-your-craw-also/?hl=cupcake

The operative word for finding that thread in a hurry is to search with the term (take out hyphens) k-i-l-t-c-a-k-e-s

This search term will distinguish the Cupcake Kerfuffle thread from all other more ordinary cupcake threads.

The cupcake thread was one of my brightest moments on this forum.  (No comments on whether that is saying much!)

I am trying to be good, but if someone comes up with a cupcake on August 10, I won't stick my nose up to it . . . .

I apparently posted a lot in that thread. I love cupcakes. I will make cupcakes on the 10th and post them, providing I don't forget. A week is a long time.

FOr cupcakes, I'll remind you!  I like red velvet (with cream cheese icing), lemon (with lemon icing, because I'm wild like that) and strawberry (with dark chocolate icing).  Bake whichever you choose.  ;)

Dd13 and I hit the cupcake shop (shoppe?) after I picked her up from ballet intensive last week. I abstained.......yet tried samples of icing. Holy cows on fire, the "s'mores" icing was beyond amazing! I would gladly sacrifice myself (and the sixteen hours of Pilates to follow) to consume a s'mores cupcake on the 10th :lol:

See, I'm glad that other mothers are out there doing the Stuff I Don't Do. It keeps me humble :lol:

Baking cupcakes for a whole class of kids definitely falls under "Stuff I don't do." One of the reasons I'm glad we don't have school is that school looks like a lot of work . . . I'd rather teach phonics than come up with a costume that represents Mexico, or bake a class-full of cupcakes, or make Italy out of macaroni.

Awww.. i don't know how to post a photo anymore. I think I managed it once.

The sad thing is in that thread someone said eating cupcakes over 30 times a year was bad. I'm on Weight Watchers maintenance and eat more cupcakes per year than that! :huh:  I think I'll try baking my apple cupcakes again. Only, I think the apples are too moist because the cupcakes sink in the middle and even stick to the wrapper. I'm determined to get that recipe right. I got it from Cupcake Wars. Love that show!

I don't remember it.  Maybe I didn't participate?! 

I know, right? I was definitely here. I've been here 12 years now. I just think I miss out on the really crazy threads. The only ones I generally try to avoid are religious in nature. But how could I have missed such a memorable occasion?

ETA: WendyK, you were in that thread. I'm reading it right now, out of sheer boredom. :)

Awww.. i don't know how to post a photo anymore. I think I managed it once.

The sad thing is in that thread someone said eating cupcakes over 30 times a year was bad. I'm on Weight Watchers maintenance and eat more cupcakes per year than that! :huh:  I think I'll try baking my apple cupcakes again. Only, I think the apples are too moist because the cupcakes sink in the middle and even stick to the wrapper. I'm determined to get that recipe right. I got it from Cupcake Wars. Love that show!

Recipe please?????

Why was the thread locked? 

I was technically here, but I don't think I read it then. I read most of it last night, but I didn't see anything lock-worthy. Was it just the length?

It was the length.  We were trying for the longest thread on record, and we got to second-longest before the mods stopped us.

It was noteworthy mainly because we talked that long without things getting seriously ugly.

ETA:  Well, it might have been the aggregate size of all the attached photos rather than the post count...

Wow. Has it been a year already? Those were the best of times. (Spoken as one who did not participate in that thread, sometimes I just cannot reach the level of wittiness required! And I do mean that with all possible sincerity!)

I am definitely not witty enough to have posted in that thread, but I did enjoy wasting a whole lot of time reading it. Cupcakes just went in the oven!