Menu

Name the top two things in your schoolroom that you use DAILY

HappyGrace

but let's make it fun and not include books/curriculum, computer, whiteboard/chalkboard since those are so common!

Here are mine:

1. Desk Apprentice

2. RightStart Abacus

(I was just cleaning my Desk Apprentice and thinking how much I LOVE it and what a big help it is to me, and I got the idea for this thread to see what others use daily and love!)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 Panasonic electric pencil sharpener --It has been around since before the kids were born, and is used constantly in our homeschool.

#2 Caller i.d. ;)

Now that I looked up what a "Desk Apprentice" is, I believe I see yet another purchase for the upcoming year! :)

AmeliaB in MO

Well....a magnifing glass because even with my reading glasses I can't see the teeny, tiny print in some of our answer keys. Why do they make those answers so small???

Also, a paper trimmer because with two kids in RightStart there is always something to cut out.

but let's make it fun and not include books/curriculum, computer, whiteboard/chalkboard since those are so common!

Whiteboard would have been my top answer.

1 - The floor is where we do most of our work. Does the floor count?

2a - Chickens are great for 3 year olds to chase around the yard, but they are outside.

2b - The play kitchen keeps the 3 yo busy inside while we work most days.

2c - What about coffee for the teacher?

I second the globe and white board.

We have a white board hanging in the dining room (our main school room - 6 sided room- it has an "eyebrow" and 4 windows in it along with a bult in buffet- did I mention that I LOVE this room :001_smile:) and I also have "lap" white boards that I had made from shower tile at Home Depot. They will actually cut it for you. (about $14 for a 5' x 8' piece).

We also use the atlas a LOT and our laminated VP cards.

This year I am having the IEW posters laminated and put on rings so that I can "flip" them.

Great post!

Here are mine:

1. Desk Apprentice

2. RightStart Abacus

(I was just cleaning my Desk Apprentice and thinking how much I LOVE it and what a big help it is to me, and I got the idea for this thread to see what others use daily and love!)

I like the Desk Apprentice so much, I have 2 of them. :D So they are used daily, as well as our table.

Computer with printers

3 hole punch

I mean, give me a computer and printer and I can print out things to do, schedules, etc. all day long! However, I do have others like my white board, pencil sharpener, rabbit, cat, dog, and, of course, coffee.

Although I am using it mostly before schooling "officially" starts, I have to put a plug in for the Cue Cat I bought from Library Thing. This is the coolest gadget ever!! I just scan the code and put it in my library. I think I'll just buy some more books just to put them in - only kidding!! It is just too much fun.

Desk Apprentice - stand back but I cannot seem to find a good use for mine. I have a desk with three bookcases around me. Two are beside me and one behind. That is where I keep all my teacher's guides, etc. I just can't seem to find a reason for it - help me find a use!!

Oh my goodness! Hyperventalating here! I gotta have the Cue Cat. I didn't know about that. I never wanted to do library thing because I have around 2000 books, but this is AWESOME!!!!!

Thank you,

Dorothy

Computer with printers

3 hole punch

I mean, give me a computer and printer and I can print out things to do, schedules, etc. all day long! However, I do have others like my white board, pencil sharpener, rabbit, cat, dog, and, of course, coffee.

Although I am using it mostly before schooling "officially" starts, I have to put a plug in for the Cue Cat I bought from Library Thing. This is the coolest gadget ever!! I just scan the code and put it in my library. I think I'll just buy some more books just to put them in - only kidding!! It is just too much fun.

Desk Apprentice - stand back but I cannot seem to find a good use for mine. I have a desk with three bookcases around me. Two are beside me and one behind. That is where I keep all my teacher's guides, etc. I just can't seem to find a reason for it - help me find a use!!

1. My laminator (I'm the one always talking about the $25 laminatory - 3M should hire me).

2. The rocking stool. For the time being, I only have 2 kid-size chairs at our HS table. The rocking stool is a reward - if one of my oldest two is behaving and not complaining, that child gets to sit on the rocking stool. If the child starts to misbehave, the other gets the rocking stool. Stupid, I know, but it works!

Is anybody else inordinately amused by how many people posted whiteboard and computer after the original post specifically asked for anything but those two?

Kinda flies in the face of parents/teachers reminding students to read the instructions completely before attempting an answer.;)

Aside from the fact that I don't have a school room, I don't even own some of the things mentioned here so often: timer, globe, dry erase board, Desk Apprentice ~ nope. All that comes to mind (aside from the copier and computer, neither of which I necessarily use daily for school) is a pen. Less is more.:)