Menu

My dh deployed yesterday.

I know there are many military wives on this board, and we all go through this. After all these years, it doesn't get any easier. I think it gets harder.

The kids are doing well considering.

I would love your support, prayers etc. that I can get the house fully unpacked, school up and running, a reasonable routine in place, and do it all in these last few weeks before the baby is born. I know it is possible, but it seems a little daunting at the moment.

Thanks everyone.

Jo

ps- Some may consider this posting unwise for security reasons, but our housing area is protected by big, honkin' marines bored to tears and just itching for some criminal to dare cause trouble. Hee,hee. That, the huge dog, and my Lifelock account make me feel secure enough to post. :D

last few weeks before the baby is born. I know it is possible, but it seems a little daunting at the moment.

Thanks everyone.

Jo

ps- Some may consider this posting unwise for security reasons, but our housing area is protected by big, honkin' marines bored to tears and just itching for some criminal to dare cause trouble. Hee,hee. That, the huge dog, and my Lifelock account make me feel secure enough to post. :D

I'm glad you feel safe enough to post. I must have missed that you moved onto the base. Or I have you confused with someone else.

My first thought was if he was going to miss the new one's birth. I guess so. That sucks. Sorry if that's considered bad language on the board, but it really does!

Military wives are a different breed, I swear. The stuff you go through is amazing. You have my prayers.

There's just no words adequate to thank you, your dh, and your dc for your service to our country and to my familiy. I take it very personally, and look at every single soldier as being personally responsible for allowing my dc to live safely in a free country.

Thank you!

I'll be praying for you and yours as you settle down into a new routine.

Oh, you've got them by the buckets full.. hugs, support and prayers. :grouphug:

I know there are many military wives on this board, and we all go through this. After all these years, it doesn't get any easier. I think it gets harder.

I would love your support, prayers etc. that I can get the house fully unpacked, school up and running, a reasonable routine in place, and do it all in these last few weeks before the baby is born. I know it is possible, but it seems a little daunting at the moment.

Thanks everyone.

Jo

You have all the :grouphug: and prayers that I can give. Words aren't enough to express the gratitude I feel for soldiers like your dh and wives like you. My dh only travels a few nights each month...I can't imagine him being gone for months AND having a baby while he is gone. :grouphug: to you and apologies for all my silly complaining. I don't know how you do it!

I am always so relieved when my husband deploys or goes on a remote! Heh. But I suppose that I am an anomaly; I need solitude on a regular basis. Being alone gets me in my creative "zone".

You are in my thoughts. I hope your husband will be home before you know it!

Thanks everyone.

Jo

:grouphug:. Thank you, Jo. And I will be praying.

:grouphug: A big giant hug to you from a fellow military spouse. It sure does seem to get harder each time doesn't it. I've never been in a spot where the baby is due just after he leaves, but I did have my 3rd child before dh returned. He was extended a couple of weeks and missed it by a week.

I've also been in a spot to unpack all by myself. Just take it one box at a time is all I can tell you. It's kind of like eating that proverbial elephant, just have to take it one bite at a time.

I'll keep you in my thoughts that the next few weeks go smoothly for you in getting things organized and such.

Jo--thanks for the privilege of praying for you during this time of major change in your home and in your heart. You're on my Mac's "stickies" to pray for you in the coming days, weeks and months. I promise to pray for you regularly.

If you haven't already, promote the whole "we're a team" idea with your children and give them some work to do! Go TEAM BATTLEMAIDEN!

Keep us posted. Sending out prayers for your DH as well. Please extend our deep gratitude for his service and know you and your children have our humblest thanks for your sacrifice.

LOL!! I think I know those Marines!!

We're here alone too. Just completed our first overseas move to Japan. My dh is on the GW, which is currently in San Diego. And before anyone OpSec's me go google GW and fire and San Deigo. EVERYONE knows where the GW is.

I think homeschooling makes deployment easier, I really do. Gives you something to DO and keeps the kids close.

Kris

I am always so relieved when my husband deploys or goes on a remote! Heh. But I suppose that I am an anomaly; I need solitude on a regular basis. Being alone gets me in my creative "zone".
I just can't imagine being relieved when your dh leaves! I'm such a little cling-on! :tongue_smilie: He's probably relieved when he heads off to work! :lol:

Jo, Many prayers going up and LOTS of hugs for you and your kids and your pregnancy and baby!!! Wish I could come help, I would!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Oh my goodness....how I wish I were closer so I could come and help you. Just know that I'll pray for you. My entire family thanks you and your entire family for your service and sacrifice.

:grouphug:

:grouphug:Db has expressed my thoughts and wishes. If you were in NJ, I'd be over to help in a flash.:grouphug:

Bless you and your family.

Yep, living and working together day in and day out is way too close for comfort for this solitude gal. But consider Jo's reality...six children at home, on the verge of delivering the seventh, recently relocated...um, yeah, that's a hard row to hoe alone!

Jo,

I just can't even imagine. God bless and keep you, what a full plate you have right now. I wish there was something tangible that I could do to help you, I really do.

You've got my prayers and support. Just do the best you can. Take good care of yourself, that baby you're carrying, and the kiddoes all around you. The boxes will keep, school can start and stop whenever you're ready, and you know that once that baby comes there will be a whole new routine.

Thank you so much for the sacrifice that you and your family make on our behalf each and every day.

:grouphug:

Thanks everyone.

Jo

I really don't know how you do it with all those little ones...and no relatives nearby. You - and all other military wives. Not to mention the stress of dh gone into potentially dangerous situations.

Will be praying for all of you.

I'll be praying for you - and thank you and your husband for your service. I was flying into Bangor, Maine going to Acadia National Park this summer. I had no idea troops departed from there routinely overseas. The airport was filled with 100 or more troops.

When I found out what was happening all I could do was look around with tears pouring down my face - I didn't know what to say. I was literally in awe, and I don't use that word lightly. Some of those faces are burned in my memory and I pray for them daily.

When the time came for them to board - a line of older folks called the Maine Troop Greeters lined up to shake their hands and hand out bibles. They looked like mostly retirees and vets. I can't remember ever being so moved - I'll never forget it.

http://www.themainetroopgreeters.com/

Again, thank you and I'll be praying.

I'm glad I waited to read all the responses when I was away from my children. More than one had me in tears. Thanks so much for all the kind words and wishes.

For those who were concerned- my mum has arrived to help out until the baby arrives. That is an incredible blessing.

Again, I truly appreciate all the support.

Jo

ps- Some may consider this posting unwise for security reasons, but our housing area is protected by big, honkin' marines bored to tears and just itching for some criminal to dare cause trouble. Hee,hee. That, the huge dog, and my Lifelock account make me feel secure enough to post.

This totally cracks me up...but I totally understand it as well. :D

Prayers for you and your wonderful husband, may the deployment fly by and everything at home run smoothly!:001_smile:

Oh gosh. I can't even begin to imagine how you do it. :grouphug::grouphug:

When does he return?

You and your family are in my prayers.

THAT is the opsec no-no. (if she even knew it - returns are notoriously delayed...)

Best wishes to you Jo. You can do this on autopilot.

asta