Menu

My dh deployed yesterday.

Oops. Is that not a question that should be asked? And, what is opsec?

OPSEC means "Operational Security" ... military, civilian employees and families are all strongly cautioned not to give out any info that could endanger operations or personnel. I decided years ago that the less I know, the smaller chance of slipping up w/ info. When other folks ask where DH works my answer is usually, "I don't know, somewhere on the other side of the island?"! How's that for OPSEC?:D

Now I know why you can call yourself Battlemaiden! So much courage and acceptance in your post. You are an inspiration. But, here...extra doses of all that I know you'll need during this time. You have my support, Jo, and my appreciation for your and your husband's hard work.

From one military spouse to another, "Take one day at a time." I remember the first few days after my husband left. I was trying to get a handle on the whole deployment at once. It was overwhelming. My heart ached, I cried, I couldn't eat. Then, I began dividing the day into thirds. 1. Get through breakfast and the rest of the morning. 2. Get through lunch, naps for kids, walking dog. 3. Almost made it, dinner time. Baths, pj's, prayers, bedtime.

After a few months, I was able to get through the day. Most of the women on my block had husband's who had deployed. We pitched in and helped each other out. It really helps that you live in military housing.

Dear military sister, it is hard, no way about it. I will keep your family in our prayers, and we will add your husband to our prayer list at chapel.

Mary

...but ((hugs)) to you.

I know how it feels, down to the expected baby while he's gone. I'm so sorry, and I agree with you...it doesn't get easier. :-(

I wish "The Board" was a neighborhood, sometimes...you wouldn't lack for help if that were the case!

(Hope your mom coming is a huge blessing.)

Wow. You've got quite a bit on your plate! My dh deployed during my pregnancy with our 4th dd. We were building a house during that time and I had to move in at 6 months pg, I think. It's hard to remember.

You'll be in my prayers. I know how hard it can be.

If you are interested, there is a program that offers free doulas to wives of deployed servicemembers.

http://www.operationspecialdelivery.com/

I used this and was very appreciative of the help.