Menu

So, MIL's Been Told...

Impish

Nope, I have 5. Eldest is in armed forces, not at home. This is #6.

It doesn't matter if you already have 10- you'd think she would be delighted to have another grand baby to love. What is wrong with people??

Congratulations Impish, on your wonderful news!!

It doesn't matter if you already have 10- you'd think she would be delighted to have another grand baby to love. What is wrong with people??

Congratulations Impish, on your wonderful news!!

MIL competes w/our kids for attention when she's around. Honestly, I really do believe that there's jealousy involved.

Thank you for the congrats!

When we told my MIL about ds5, My MIL asked if I knew what safe s3x was. :rofl: :rofl:

That's where you have a lock on your br door, so you know no one will wander in on you, right? ;)

Imp- 1) Congratulations! (Anyone who responds any other way is an idiot, and doesn't deserve your time.)

2) I think I'd be tempted to say in my most sincere voice, "BC? What are you talking about? I had no idea that such a thing existed! We'll have to get more information about that!" Look all wide-eyed and shocked, as if you have never, ever heard the term before. The sarcasm will probably be lost on her, but at least you and Wolf will get a giggle out of it.

Why did Wolf tell her? :confused:

B/c she's his mother. And we're not ashamed to be having another baby.

That's where you have a lock on your br door, so you know no one will wander in on you, right? ;)

Imp- 1) Congratulations! (Anyone who responds any other way is an idiot, and doesn't deserve your time.)

2) I think I'd be tempted to say in my most sincere voice, "BC? What are you talking about? I had no idea that such a thing existed! We'll have to get more information about that!" Look all wide-eyed and shocked, as if you have never, ever heard the term before. The sarcasm will probably be lost on her, but at least you and Wolf will get a giggle out of it.

LOL!

When we told my MIL about ds5, My MIL asked if I knew what safe s3x was. :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, but YOUR SON enjoys risky sex. You should have seen him hopping around with his pants around his ankles when the cop found us at the park.

B/c she's his mother. And we're not ashamed to be having another baby.

Sorry, my question must not have come across right. I thought I remembered that you weren't wanting to tell her because you knew how she'd react (which turned out to be correct, it seems), so I didn't know if Wolf was somehow backed into a corner where he couldn't really avoid saying so, or whether the poor guy hoped it might be different this time.

Either way, I'm sorry she still won't share your joy.

:grouphug:

Sorry, my question must not have come across right. I thought I remembered that you weren't wanting to tell her because you knew how she'd react (which turned out to be correct, it seems), so I didn't know if Wolf was somehow backed into a corner where he couldn't really avoid saying so, or whether the poor guy hoped it might be different this time.

Either way, I'm sorry she still won't share your joy.

:grouphug:

Ah. Gotcha.

Wolf joked about just showing up next time she was around w/an extra and see if she noticed, but no, we'd always planned to tell her.

Nope, I have 5. Eldest is in armed forces, not at home. This is #6.

WOW! I did not know you had another child! Congratulations on #6! People are in kind of a mess with us. Techinically I'm only on baby #2, the others are adopted. Doesn't make them less of our family, but this is only MY second baby so people are still supportive. Of course after this we might start hearing remarks. Actually, I have heard a few remarks from people who did not realize we'd adopted our first 5. LOL They are the only ones who've said something.

Well, I say congratulations on your baby...whether it is #6 or #12.

In our co-op everyone has 5+ kids. Some have 11. They are all delightful

great families that I am honored to have DC around.

So...congratulations again! I think it's wonderful that you are having a little one.

(and I am jealous.)

I think we should celebrate Imp's #6 by having a party. Cupcakes for everyone!

Wooo hooo, cupcakes! Make mine gluten free, and I'm so there!

I guess MIL is REALLY angry. She hasn't called. We only get the silent treatment when she's 'punishing' us.

BWAH HAHAHAHAHA!

I guess MIL is REALLY angry. She hasn't called. We only get the silent treatment when she's 'punishing' us.

BWAH HAHAHAHAHA!

dudeling asked if he could have a gluten brownie. I told him they were GF - and I was tricking his brother who is supposed to be going GF, but is very resistant. He thought it was really funny - and he could eat them too! (all I did was change the flour to pamela's flour mix)

enjoy mil being angry . . . . . ;p

BWAH HAHAHAHAHA!

Hmmm.... Getting enjoyment from being punished. What do you call that again?

Uhhh, never mind.... ;) :tongue_smilie:

I'm sorry your MIL continues to be such a pill. :grouphug:

:grouphug: I guess at least she is predictable.

I would have been tempted to not tel her and just act like she should have known a new grandchild was on the way or it was one of those none of your business; if you can't be happy for us moments.

When someone announces they are having a baby, the correct reply is.. congratulations! Think what you want, but keep your negative lips zipped.

:grouphug: I guess at least she is predictable. I would have been tempted to not tel her and just act like she should have known a new grandchild was on the way or it was one of those none of your business; if you can't be happy for us moments. When someone announces they are having a baby, the correct reply is.. congratulations! Think what you want, but keep your negative lips zipped.

Honestly, we told her b/c keeping it a secret (to us) implies that we're ashamed. We're not. And yeah, imo, the only appropriate response is "Congrats!"

:grouphug: (tossing you the GF cupcake I made fresh this morning)

Nom nom nom!

BWAH HAHAHAHAHA!

Or maybe she's embarrassed for having been so nasty.

If you hear of an earthquake, or mushroom cloud in BC, it's MIL.

Wolf told her about the baby.

Comments so far: "I'm not telling anyone!" "What did you do THAT for?" "Can't you use birth control?"

And so it begins...

Did I miss something? Is there another little Wolf/Imp on the horizon?

Or maybe she's embarrassed for having been so nasty.

No, being embarrassed over her behaviour isn't something that occurs to her. She never does anything wrong, yanno.

I think it is GREAT news!!!!! I am extremely happy for you!!!

Thank you!

Did I miss something? Is there another little Wolf/Imp on the horizon?

Yup, there is! First wk of July is the guesstimate.

I totally agree. Imp, I'm glad you didn't have to be there to hear her. Congratulations.

Thank you!

I get where you were coming from, but any grandma worth her salt would know and would be happy. A baby being welcomed into a loving home and family with two parents is a blessing.

Honestly, we told her b/c keeping it a secret (to us) implies that we're ashamed. We're not. And yeah, imo, the only appropriate response is "Congrats!"

Nom nom nom!

I get where you were coming from, but any grandma worth her salt would know and would be happy. A baby being welcomed into a loving home and family with two parents is a blessing.

You'd think. Esp for someone that brags about how Christian she is.

Which may be something I mention, if she starts in w/me. Suggest she go and look up what the Bible has to say about children.

You'd think. Esp for someone that brags about how Christian she is.

my grandmother was the same. positively pharasaic.

whenever I hear someone "bragging" about how great they are at anything - I consider it they are trying to convince themselves - or their audience - becasue they aren't what they're bragging about.

my grandmother was the same. positively pharasaic.

whenever I hear someone "bragging" about how great they are at anything - I consider it they are trying to convince themselves - or their audience - becasue they aren't what they're bragging about.

She's an interesting case. Her brother is a convicted s*x offender. His preferred victims were his own dds.

MIL once talked about her brother driving her to visit us. I informed her that Wolf would lose it, I would lose it, under absolutely no circumstances would I ever allow a convicted offender around my children.

I got told that I wasn't as Christian as she was, and needed to forgive, etc.

I asked who it was that Christ said should be thrown into the sea w/a millstone around their necks...Didn't go over well.

Yet, us having another baby is cause for hissy fit. Perfect.