Menu

Random question of the day...

Freckles

UB40's Fools Rush In (remix of the Elivis song)

But that was after. There was music playing before, but I don't remember what it was. There was no walk in/out. We were all just sort of there. When he said we were married someone hit the button and that was what was played.

So I guess that was our 'wedding song'.

Cannot for the life of me remember. I recall meeting with the church organist, who asked if I wanted "traditional wedding stuff" or something else. I said I didn't care for traditional, and he said, "Cool. How 'bout this?" He played a few measures, I liked it, and that was that. Just one attendant, though, so we didn't need much music.

Same as the OP. :)

We literally danced out of the sanctuary (it was planned, the kids knew but not the Pastor or others) to Josh Turner's "Would you go with me?"

Other seating music included "If everyone cared" by Nickelback, Fall by Clay Walker. Shhh! Don't tell Adrian that Nickelback was part of the wedding. LOL.

I think it was "Praise My Soul, The King of Heaven", but I just looked it up and it's not that. Or maybe it's another melody. I don't know. It was beautiful, though, whatever it was.

OK, I finally found the song in our hymnal and it is "Praise My Soul, the King of Heaven," but not the melody that I found all over the Net. It's the same words by Lyte, but a different tune. I thought I was losing my mind.

Processional was Angels We Have Heard on High. Recessional was Joy To The World, all played on a huge organ.

Can you tell that we got married at Christmas?

The organist was able to squeeze us into his busy schedule providing he didn't have to learn any new music. It was actually very nice because we didn't have to pay for decorations or anything since the church was already decorated for Christmas.

Bridesmaids marched in to "The Water is Wide". Our processional was 'Scarborough Fair'. Two family friends played guitar for us. I have no clue what they played as the Recessional. We told them to play whatever they liked. (Knowing them, I probably should have specified, and we're lucky we didn't get "Send Me Off to Glory in a Glad Bag." :tongue_smilie: )

I'm listening to Christmas music while I bake cookies today, and Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring came on. This is the song that a flute ensemble played while my bridesmaids walked down the aisle.

Flute choirs rock!! We probably would have asked my old flute ensemble to play for our wedding, but we were in the process of moving halfway across the country while planning the wedding, and dealing with a family crisis (my uncle had a heart attack just a few weeks prior to the ceremony!) so we were lucky to get everything as together as we did!

Flute choirs rock!! We probably would have asked my old flute ensemble to play for our wedding, but we were in the process of moving halfway across the country while planning the wedding, and dealing with a family crisis (my uncle had a heart attack just a few weeks prior to the ceremony!) so we were lucky to get everything as together as we did!

We couldn't afford professional muscians. We asked a girl in our church youth group to ask her friends from the highschool band if we could hire them. We paid them each 50 dollars. I true bargain in my mind.

The attendants came in to "The First Time I Loved Forever" theme from the tv series Beauty and the Beast. I came in on the traditional wedding march. I don't really remember what song we came back up the isle on, probably the traditional one, but if you watch our wedding video, you would think it was "Another One Bites the Dust". My videographer has a wicked sense of humor. lol

ETA: I found the bulletin from my wedding, and it says the processional was "The First Time I Loved Forever" and the Bridal Chorus from "Lohengren" by Wagner. The song playing during the candle lighting ceremony was "Grow Old With Me" by John Lennon, and the recessional was "The Wedding March" by Mendlssohn. I sure am glad I kept the bulletin in my wedding album. I didn't think I would ever forget those things, but I don't remember most things. :)

Well, I went non-traditional and my bridesmaids walked down the aisle to "One in a Million You" by Larry Graham.

My dh had a horrific failed first marriage and my fiance had struggled with bi-polar disorder his whole life and ended up committing suicide leaving me bereft. So to say we were both pretty broken people when we met is an understatement. To this day we both feel like meeting each other was a one in a million chance to be happy again after all we had been through. 17 years, 3 children, and 2 countries later... I still can't believe how fortunate we are. One in a million.

Before the bridesmaids, our parents walked down the aisle to "Sunrise, Sunset" from Fiddler on the Roof.

At the hall our first dance was to "When a Man Loves a Woman" by Percy Sledge.

I love all of these stories! Like I said my bridesmaids walked in with Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring. I walked in with the traditional Here Comes The Bride and we walked out with the traditional Wedding March. Both of these pieces were played on a giant pipe organ. At our reception our first dance was to John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman's "They Say It's Wonderful." The song we chose for the daddy/daughter dance was Alabama's "The Maker Said Take Her." Then we danced the night away to the Grease sound track, and some other fun tunes. Good memories.

One of my bff's had her bridesmaids walk down the aisle to the tune of Shaft. I cannot for the life of me remember what my solitary bridesmaid walked to. If I would have been sane enough during my shot gun wedding, I probably would have selected Billy Idol's White Wedding. But I'm contrary like that.

We had a small wedding so bridesmaids and I walked down to Ave Maria. It was DH's mum's favourite song, and was played at both his mum and sister's funerals so it was a nod to them so they were there for the rest of his family. We walked out to Ode to Joy which is one of my favourite pieces.

I really wanted to stick Ride of the Valyries in there somewhere but we both agreed it really wouldn't fit and might confuse people. We both just really love it.