Menu

Why did so many of you change your names, I am confused and overchanged as it is!

ElizabethB

At least you have a nice avatar picture. I've still got the hideous white silhouette thing.

I got tired of the silhouette too but had trouble shrinking a picture so it would upload. I tried what Awisha suggested--reducing it using Paint but that still wasn't working no matter how small I made it. On the Site News page AprilMay posted a link to shrinkpictures.com and that worked for me.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking about changing my name because when I first asked the mods to change my name on the old format, I came up with this name in a hurry. My other name was very searchable and linked to other accounts of mine.

Only recently have I noticed that when people try to shorten my name on here, they can't do the obvious initials because they are BM lol

I'd wanted to change my name to something less tied to location for a long time, but until the latest board change it seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. Changes had to be done through the mods, and I didn't post post much so didn't want to add to their workload. Found out, though, that changing your display name does NOT change your log-in user name. It took me awhile to sign in the next day. I think the mods still have to change your user name for log-in.

I made the change myself a couple of days ago after reading about it on the forum for discussing new board features, but had to go down my list because some of my first choices were already taken. Harriett Vane and Miss Marple beat me to my first choices. :laugh: I was tempted to grumble, but OTOH, I was happy to find fellow WTM'ers who like both characters!

OK, so I just looked at everyone's old names. :p

I, too, was confused by all the 'new but not new' posters, so I'll be peeking at others who I think may have have changed as I come across them. I don't mind the new names, but so many at once was overwhelming to me!! :lol: :001_cool:

As a side note, can we see who visits our page anymore? I saw I had a 'visit' but didn't see who it was. I'm finding the user part/control page/whatever it's called to be quite confusing. :o

But...but...but...I can't help living BOLDLY!

I tried. Ppl told me I was going on their ignore list for being bold.

I decided...too bad for them. :tongue_smilie:

I love that you are posting boldly! I can actually read it on my cruddy screen rather than squinting.

I just joined, but I changed my previous internet name I used because I wanted it to be the same or close to the same everywhere I went on the internet. My original handle I used to use was related to a TV show and I would have to add numbers or extra stuff whenever I joined a new place. I looked around the house and I collect lighthouse and windmill decor, so I went with that. I also live near several windfarms and see them daily. They aren't as cute as the old style of windmill though!

I changed my name back and glad I could. This is the name I used on the old old board and until last spring when I was paranoid (well, is it really paranoid when some crazy woman really *does* have it out for you?). I kinda thought my change wouldn't be so problematic though since it was the name I used so long prior.

Glad to see you back to your normal self.

I told them, when I said I wanted a new name and why that I could change it to something like 2J4M5K or porcupinehugger. LOL.

I really guess I thought they'd ask me if they decided to grant my wish. Maybe I shouldn't have just pushed random letters and numbers :)

But now I'm back....(from outer space?)

How did you remember that to sign in under the new name?

At least you have a nice avatar picture. I've still got the hideous white silhouette thing.

I have decided that I'm getting myself an avatar for my 10,000th post.

Hurry up. If you are diligently posting today, you can make it! And tomorrow morning we will all wake up to Catwoman's avatar!

I told them, when I said I wanted a new name and why that I could change it to something like 2J4M5K or porcupinehugger. LOL. I really guess I thought they'd ask me if they decided to grant my wish. Maybe I shouldn't have just pushed random letters and numbers :) But now I'm back....(from outer space?)

I'm glad you're you again. :)

I'm getting confused with the name changes too. It also seemed like since changing over to the new format there have been a ton of new people, but when I look at their post counts they have several hundred...so maybe there were just a lot of people coming out of lurkdom.

Anyhoo, I won't change my name since I really like it :D but I have been thinking of changing my avatar. It's a cute pic but hard to see...I'd like something more representative of me I think. Hmmm, that might be too scary. :p

Three times in 30 days. This indeed is going to get interesting...

Ugh! I was on another board where people kept changing their user names so they could get away with saying whatever they wanted and being jerks. I know that's not why most people just changed their names, but I can see this becoming a problem.

Ugh! I was on another board where people kept changing their user names so they could get away with saying whatever they wanted and being jerks. I know that's not why most people just changed their names, but I can see this becoming a problem.

I don't know about the other board you were on, but this one, you can see their name change history on their profile.

I don't know about the other board you were on, but this one, you can see their name change history on their profile.

Good -- I'm glad you can see the name change history. I think on the other board I was on it wasn't really so much a name-change issue, but a multiple-accounts issue.

I doubt anyone will care if I change my name. I got a little freaked out about this forum being so open and did not realize that anyone could change until the new forum got glitches out.

My kiddo's make fun of my name..... I have not been very healthy in the past few years. I don't like it in all bold type either. So, I will eventually think of a new name and probably change my avatar again. My avatar was not great anyway, but the changing over made it look weird!

How does MochaMomma sound??

How does MochaMomma sound??

At first, it made me want a Mocha Latte, which was a happy thing. And then I started thinking that people might think it's in reference to your skin color, which, if I recall correctly, isn't at all mocha-ish. ;)

So I'm casting my vote against MochaMomma, even though it sounds pretty cool.

Ok - I changed my user name. It is possible to change your user name by yourself now AND keep your post count. You have to be willing to keep your original user name in your history. I really didn't like my original user name because it was some of my initials and I just wanted to be more anonymous. I don't feel I have RL stalkers or anything. I just like to keep my worlds seperate!

I was originally kck and my last avatar said "make cupcakes not war". An important message for all. :D