1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you a veteran?

• US Marine Corps
    • US Navy
    • US Army
    • US Air Force
    • US Coast Guard
    • Non-US Military Service

Both dh and I are Navy veterans. My dad is a Navy vet (Vietnam) and his brother is an Army vet. My grandpa served in Normandy. My cousin on that side was in the National Guard. My mom's brother is a former Marine (there's no such thing as an ex-Marine:lol:). My mom's bio-dad was a Navy vet who supposedly worked on the Philadelphia Experiment. Supposedly. My uncle served in Vietnam and never fully left:grouphug:.

Vets rocks!

I was in the Army, though it was for less than a year before medical issues forced me out. (I tried though! :tongue_smilie:) I did my basic at Fort Jackson and my AIT at the Defense Language Institute in California.

I can't believe it was almost ten years ago. Still feels like yesterday.

Are we supposed to vote in the poll if it wasn't actually us?

I've never been in, but my dh has almost 18 years in the US Navy. My dad was in the Army during Vietnam, my maternal grandfather was in the Navy as was my uncle (his son). My paternal grandfather in law was in the navy. Two of my husbands uncles were Marines (one retired after 30 years in), my dh also has one cousin in the Ohio army national guard and a cousin who's a lt. col. in the Marines who's got about 26 years in now.

Are we supposed to vote in the poll if it wasn't actually us?

I've never been in, but my dh has almost 18 years in the US Navy. My dad was in the Army during Vietnam, my maternal grandfather was in the Navy as was my uncle (his son). My paternal grandfather in law was in the navy. Two of my husbands uncles were Marines (one retired after 30 years in), my dh also has one cousin in the Ohio army national guard and a cousin who's a lt. col. in the Marines who's got about 26 years in now.

The poll is for Hive members who were/are in the military, but I am enjoying hearing about family members who serve.

Four generations worth here, that I know of for sure, and probably more. I'm a US Army vet, my deceased first husband was also a US Army vet (his dad was a Navy vet) and my divorced second husband was a Marine. My ex-father-in-law was a Marine vet and my ex-mother-in-law was a US Army vet. My current father-in-law is an Air Force vet. My oldest daughter is a US Army vet, and her husband is Active Duty Army currently. My dad was an Air Force vet and my grandfather and great uncle were US Army vets. Several of my first cousins are also US Army vets. In my family it seems more unusual NOT to be a vet.

I have to say, however, that I am NOT encouraging my younger kids to sign up and since political discussions are not permitted here I won't go into that any further.

No - but my Grandpa was in WWI, FIL in WWII, Aunt also WWII - Marine Reserve, Dad in Korean War, friends in first Gulf War, Nephew in current war, and I remember lots of slightly older guys from the Vietnam War being in class at the local Community College back in the late 1970s.

My brother, bils and hubby are the rare generation that was too young or old to draft for any war!